PDA

View Full Version : Callahan hired at Nebraska....

Bulldog92
01-09-2004, 02:43 AM
I'm not sure how I feel about this yet. According to Wisconsin coach Barry Alvarez, the guy is a top-notch recruiter and he's known as a great offensive mind in NFL circles, but I don't like all of the talk coming out of Oakland about the circumstances when he left. It looks as though the days of option football at Nebraska are over and there may be a bad year or two while the offensive transformation takes place. Recruiting is already taking a hit because the search took way too long. I sure hope they know what they're doing.

Reveille
01-09-2004, 10:03 AM
Kenny, do you really think Pederson knows what he is doing? I don't think he will last very long as AD. As far as Callahan? I am kinda like you. I just don't know. I hope it works our for the Huskers, but I think they may be in for a couple of lean years.

Bulldog92
01-09-2004, 08:38 PM
Reveille:
Kenny, do you really think Pederson knows what he is doing? I don't think he will last very long as AD. As far as Callahan? I am kinda like you. I just don't know. I hope it works our for the Huskers, but I think they may be in for a couple of lean years.I'm not sure he has any idea what he's gotten into there in Lincoln. Most of the experts seem to be pretty high on Callahan, so maybe all the stuff that happened in Oakland is a blip on the radar screen. If they struggle for two years, both will be gone. They don't like to lose there as we all know. Speaking of losing, the University of Washington is looking for a new AD. I wonder what they will do...

BigDog
01-10-2004, 05:55 AM
Never judge a NFL coach who has to deal with alot of pro athletes and Al Davis!

next generation
01-10-2004, 11:45 AM
That could be very good for the Cornhuskers. I think it will change their offence up to the west coast. Recruiting of skill position players could get better.