PDA

View Full Version : Barbers Hill vs. Cold Springs

QBKilla
10-19-2002, 01:52 PM
The District 22-3A Championship will be decided next Friday between the Eagles and Trojans. The Trojans have been known to put up a lot of points but the Eagles look like the more rounded ball club. What are some predictions on this game?

LLEDASF
10-19-2002, 03:25 PM
This should be a good game. The Trojans come into the game undefeated, and expect to keep it that way. Yet this is not going to be an easy accomplishment. Coldspring does have the home field advantage, but as of late, the 'Hill is looking good on both sides of the ball both at home and on the road. I feel the winner will be the team that plays the most sound game for four quarters. Sound meaning not giving up turnovers or making critical mistakes. I also feel the BH offense must get on top early, and adjust to Coldspring's defensive alignments, which the Hill is good at doing. The defense must pound the Coldspring runningbacks and not give up the big pass plays. The Trojans do have the better record, and I'm sure they feel they have the better team. It will be the 'Hill's job to change their minds.

QBKilla
10-19-2002, 05:29 PM
<small>[ October 19, 2002, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: QBKilla ]</small>

LP-DB
10-19-2002, 07:20 PM
Coldsprings are nuthing but a lucky team..they shouldn't have beatin us. But the luck falls into their hands everytime..Yall should handle coldsprings with no problem..just make sure you don't get beat deep by number 3 and be careful on the kickoffs and the hill should do fine..we shouldn't have lost to the hill either the first half they dint make a first down..we held carrington to 6 yards in the first half..if not for poor blocking on the punt team and fumbles from running hard. we woulda had the game easy..but good luck for everyone in the playoffs..

redneckplayer010
10-19-2002, 10:13 PM
this won't be a close game at all... coldsprings is going to get blown out majorly... they have been lucky and what's worse is they know they are just lucky... my advise to the hill... just shove the ball straight down their throats, don't give them anything, and that game will be an open and shut case... i can't believe i'm saying this but go get them eagles

LLEDASF
10-19-2002, 10:14 PM
LP-DB:
Coldsprings are nuthing but a lucky team..they shouldn't have beatin us. But the luck falls into their hands everytime..Yall should handle coldsprings with no problem..just make sure you don't get beat deep by number 3 and be careful on the kickoffs and the hill should do fine..we shouldn't have lost to the hill either the first half they dint make a first down..we held carrington to 6 yards in the first half..if not for poor blocking on the punt team and fumbles from running hard. we woulda had the game easy..but good luck for everyone in the playoffs..Hey LP-DB, you sound about as dumb as a stump. The last time I checked all football games are made up of two halves, and blocking during punts is something both teams have to do throughout the game. And another thing, running hard doesn't cause fumbles. Getting a helmet put on your butt, and flying to the football is what causes fumbles. You are searching for excuses for losing to the 'Hill. You can't just pick out the good aspects of the game, you have to look at the whole picture. It's called having a well rounded team.

FBmania
10-19-2002, 10:24 PM
I am excited about this game! I think the Eagles can win this game. With the ditrict 22-3A title on the line I look for both teams to come out focused and ready. BH-28 C-26

Let's go Eagles!

panther_pride_04
10-20-2002, 12:47 AM
QBKilla:
The District 22-3A Championship will be decided next Friday between the Eagles and Trojans. The Trojans have been known to put up a lot of points but the Eagles look like the more rounded ball club. What are some predictions on this game?

40Whats tha deal #40? Nice game friday night..lots of talkin out there huh? wish I could say the same thing for tht carrington kat? but to bad ...I guess thats what happens when people talk down in the Houston Chronicle..but anyways, nice one...good luck on that district championship...My prediction on that coldssprings and hill matchup is tht Barbers Hill will dominate the game because in my opinion, coldsprings is jus fill with lots of Luck...but that luck will run out Friday night...sorry trojans...not enough lubrication....ha..Hey #40 tell me wht u think about tht Defensive performance by the panthers Friday night? Lovely huh? im outta....holla

RBARKER
10-20-2002, 10:19 AM
This game should be an all out war, Coldsprings is not going to let the district title go at home with out a fight. BH is going to have to get on the board early and not let the Trojans hang around after half time. IF BH holds on to the ball and adjust early to the Trojan Defense it will be another District title for the Eagles!
BH-21 Coldsprings - 14.

LP-DB
10-20-2002, 10:54 AM
yall played a good game..but we shoulda came home with a W but it dint turn out that way..actually if you watch the film it is hard runnin that caused the fumbles your "hat" never touched the ball..i will admit yall were runnin to the ball thats how yall scored on them. But we totally shut your offense down..our "O" had a far out better performance..we had the best game cept for about 6 plays..we handed yall the game with a few easy to open gifts..but coldsrpings doesn't have a chance..i don't care the outcome of the game cause it doesn't affect us..but for some reason i would rather see yall win rather than them..

# 80

FBmania
10-20-2002, 11:37 AM
LP-DB:
yall played a good game..but we shoulda came home with a W but it dint turn out that way..actually if you watch the film it is hard runnin that caused the fumbles your "hat" never touched the ball..i will admit yall were runnin to the ball thats how yall scored on them. But we totally shut your offense down..our "O" had a far out better performance..we had the best game cept for about 6 plays..we handed yall the game with a few easy to open gifts..but coldsrpings doesn't have a chance..i don't care the outcome of the game cause it doesn't affect us..but for some reason i would rather see yall win rather than them..

# 80LP-DB You are right about your defense playing great. We were shut out in the first half. But we made adjustments. The difference was your D was solid, ours made big plays to to get the lead. Then the O made the adjustments necessary to preserve the win. If LP take care of the ball it's a much tighter game. The score was deceptive but you have to admit we made the plays we needed to win. You guys will make the playoffs. Good luck!

QBKilla
10-20-2002, 12:49 PM
LP-DB:

# 80Actually I did watch the film and we were putting helmets on the ball, thats how the ball comes out. You just don't drop it, you get it knocked loose. I don't see why you are trying to blemish the tough game yall played by making excuses. Our special teams are better than yalls. Our defense made the BIG plays. Yes you shut down Carrington but then Cummings smoked yall for 2 scores. Don't be a sore loser and make excuses. Face it, you got beat. Yall have a very good team and yall should be proud of that. Good luck for the rest of the season. I want to see yall in the playoffs doing some damage.

<small>[ October 20, 2002, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: QBKilla ]</small>

QBKilla
10-20-2002, 12:57 PM
[Posted by Panther_pride_04]

Whats tha deal #40? Nice game friday night..lots of talkin out there huh? wish I could say the same thing for tht carrington kat? but to bad ...I guess thats what happens when people talk down in the Houston Chronicle..but anyways, nice one...good luck on that district championship...My prediction on that coldssprings and hill matchup is tht Barbers Hill will dominate the game because in my opinion, coldsprings is jus fill with lots of Luck...but that luck will run out Friday night...sorry trojans...not enough lubrication....ha..Hey #40 tell me wht u think about tht Defensive performance by the panthers Friday night? Lovely huh? im outta....holla

Yall did do a good job containing Carrington but forgot about Cummings. Yalls defense played well and your offense did too. Yall just need work on special teams. Good luck the rest of the season.

LP-DB
10-20-2002, 02:50 PM
no we dint forget about cummings..he just had some good blocking..yall's special teams might be better..jsut cause we had to put some new kids on there cause of injuries..i respect yall but you and everyone knows the game shoulda been a whole lot closer than that..yes yall will beat coldsprings and play a third place team in the playoffs stomp the **** outta them..good luck in the playoffs..

# 80

QBKilla
10-20-2002, 04:40 PM
If yall make the playoffs(which yall will)it will make us the Division 1 representive for our District. Therefore we won't be playing a 3rd place team but a 1st place team in Bridge City. It should be a good game.

Old Cardinal
10-20-2002, 07:53 PM
Personally, I think BH by up to 4 TD's against Coldspring. I think BH has improved enough to control the Coldspring offense and likewise keep the ball moving on offense, a majority of the time. BH, has played a good schedule this year and lost to a couple of good teams early on. Before this year, a weaker preseason and a less challenging District slate hurt them upon entering post-season play.

LLEDASF
10-20-2002, 09:46 PM
Hey I heard Coldspring has a good backfield. Is it true they have two or three players that are capable of breaking the big play at any time? Let's get some feedback.

redneckplayer010
10-20-2002, 09:53 PM
they are very good at finding holes and getting through them... their line stinks though... so if you plug that up... there shouldn't be a problem... just roll up and watch for them to try and break it to the outside

BH_146
10-20-2002, 09:56 PM
Though I am of course bias in believing who will win, Coldspring tends to play a different game when at home. In no way do I expect either team to dominate the game. Like we have done the past couple of weeks, Coldspring can score in a variety of ways. We can't have breakdowns in any areas of the game or they will take it to the house. But Coldspring will have the same concerns; if not more so based on our perfermances so far in district play. We just can't go up there to play a game on a comparison of scores. Liberty brought it to us and Coldspring has the speed to do the same especially if we are not prepared for a battle.

5inchtaint
10-20-2002, 10:43 PM
Between these two teams, which I have seen both, i know that BH will win BUT it's not like BH is the greatest team ever and CS isn't either...
i believe that this game will be just as boring as each of their games were against Liberty
RBARKER there is no need to spout off crap about it being a war when it'll be more like a bingo game at an old folks home...i do think that BH should dominate this game but if CS looks at what Liberty did minus the turnovers they could open some doors for themselves...

Matthew328
10-20-2002, 11:03 PM
Even though I have Coldspring rated higher I like Barbers Hill....they really seem to be playing well and turning it on at the right time...don't underestimate Coldspring though...they are loaded in the backfield and are capable of putting up big numbers on the ground...they have some speed...however their defense has been suspect and I look for BH to exploit that weakness...I like Barbers Hill by 13

trojandad
10-21-2002, 08:49 AM
I have sure enjoyed reading the posts of the last couple of weeks. Seeing Liberty folks rooting for Barbers Hill over Coldspring is like hearing A&M people rooting for UT. That loss to Coldspring musta hurt worse than the double digit one to the Hill. And if both games against Liberty were like bingo, I wanna play bingo where he does.

I am so proud of the guys from Coldspring. They have had to endure SO much this year. They have an administration making them jump thru a lot more hoops than any other school in the district, and all because they have had a running gun battle with the new coach. It's been sad to watch what these boys have had to endure from inside. They lost an offensive coordinator at the beginning of the yr with almost 200 wins as a head coach because of the silliness here, yet the team has drawn together because of it rather than apart.

As for the game with the Hill, what excitement! They have such a history of a great program. It's always good to play teams deep in tradition. We look forward to this game a lot. Without saying more than I should, suffice it to say that this is the first game in 5 that we are back to full strength healthwise. Our line had been in shambles but is now healthy for this game.

As bad as I hate to, I have to agree with Matthew that our defense is our achilles heel this yr, as last. I do know the following tho: in the Houston Chronicle stats of each team, we are four yards better per game than the Hill's defensive stats. In fact, here are the stats for total yards for the two games vs Liberty:

Coldspring - 352
Liberty - 210

Liberty - 301
BH - 186

I know big defensive plays are a BIG part of each win that doesn't show well in stats, but I sure like what we've done for the whole of the season. But for the Liberty guys to call what we did as luck and what BH did as talent, I would sure like to know how they call those numbers luck. As they said, Liberty didn't roll over and give us anything, nor did they try to gain 100 less yards than against the Hill. We've had a different back lead us in rushing yardage each week, so I would be hard pressed to determine who I would key on, if playing us.

My last question is to Matthew. I'm curious, should the Trojans win, how far up would you put them afterward? I'm curious what they would have to do to get serious recognition past being undefeated. Thanks and here's hoping for an injury free game!!!

Matthew328
10-21-2002, 09:21 AM
I dunno if they would move up much in the regional rankings...the top 5 teams look to be pretty much set in stone for a while..I could see them breaking into the top 20 with a win though....kinda interesting they are the last unbeaten team left in Region 3...

LP-DB
10-21-2002, 11:26 AM
CS runs the outside veer pretty well all you need is havin your safety's fill the alley really well and have a contain on the qb and back..there qb is there better runner on that play look for him to try and cut it up without pitching he is pretty quick..he doesn't have a very good arm but look for him to try to go deep with number 3 on your corners..he is tall and is a good athlete..they also have a good reverse..watch that and everything else is routine it is not hard..good luck to everyone in our district..
i am not learned very well in all these matchups on post district play since we will be goin as a third place team who do yall think we will play..

Bobkat
10-21-2002, 12:08 PM
If Orangefield takes care of business and doesn't goof around they should finish second behind Bridge City. That would set up a date with Liberty if they do indeed finish third. With that being said, Orangefield must win two out of their last three games. And that won't be an easy task.
eek!

AggieJohn
10-21-2002, 01:59 PM
So it works like this…..I don’t want to get folks mad…..i’ve done that …and it served no purpose to both teams or too me….all it did was get me razzeled up and about 2 seconds away from having to take a tums!…..anyway I did have some questions that I thought I would post. Some of them responses, some of them General questions first of all…

First Of all Mr. Dolan and BH Eagles…Very impressive second half…Hat’s off and best wished in playoffs… Good game like a typical battle Between Liberty and Barbers Hill is supposed to be!

To Liberty’s Defense- a continually impressive job against a formidable oppponent. 34 points should not hold you down against what that team normally puts up plus no real offensive drive either by BHILL

About Bhill’s Luck- it wasn’t as much as people made it out too be…..the pickoffs where legit….Hill, you got good secondary’s….I don’t know about the kickoff that resulted in a Hill player coming out of the pile with the ball…my eye saw it and thought Libert had downed it…but that’s my eye…and the pop out of the guys hands and into the Bhill hand was just plain luck in favor of BHILL

About Coldsprings….while I do see to predominately good running teams with great RB’s and QB’s I think the game will come down to Special teams…Coldsprings has no Special Teams and by the judgement of BH’s special team and how it did us in I think BH will come out ahead and this area will give them the win

About Coldsprings "Luck"—From what I witnessed at War Memorial Stadium and what I’ve heard about other CS games…they do have luck…kind of like Yankees luck…it just comes when it does

Not to stir up crap but just an observance…..why did BHILL kneel the ball down then reosrt to giving carrington the ball…..was it an attempt to get him more yards for a rather unimpressive showing from the BH MVP…or was it a snubbing to Liberty…I’m not trash talkinging…I’m observing and curious as to the coach’s idea there

My Prediction:

BHILL:42
Coldspring 32fl----4 TD’s 4 2-point conv.

P.s. overheard a Huffman scout say that a star player for Huffman had been kicked off the team…would that be T. Griffith and if so what does that do to his commitment to UH

AggieJohn
10-21-2002, 02:02 PM
So it works like this ...i know that y name is not indicative of what my part of the L. Panthers was...but i can't change it..so oh well....plus i'm almost on varsity here..give me a chance..i don't mean to get mad anymore..i’ve done that …and it served no purpose to both teams or too me….all it did was get me razzeled up and about 2 seconds away from having to take a tums!…..anyway I did have some questions that I thought I would post. Some of them responses, some of them General questions first of all…

First Of all Mr. Dolan and BH Eagles…Very impressive second half…Hat’s off and best wished in playoffs… Good game like a typical battle Between Liberty and Barbers Hill is supposed to be!

To Liberty’s Defense- a continually impressive job against a formidable oppponent. 34 points should not hold you down against what that team normally puts up..ball didn't roll your way the second half...but Bhill never really made an offensive drive...good job!

About Bhill’s Luck- it wasn’t as much as people made it out too be…..the pickoffs where legit….Hill, you got good secondary’s….I don’t know about the kickoff that resulted in a Hill player coming out of the pile with the ball…my eye saw it and thought Libert had downed it…but that’s my eye…and the pop out of the guys hands and into the Bhill hand was just plain luck in favor of BHILL

About Coldsprings….while I do see to predominately good running teams with great RB’s and QB’s I think the game will come down to Special teams…Coldsprings has no Special Teams and by the judgement of BH’s special team and how it did us in I think BH will come out ahead and this area will give them the win

About Coldsprings "Luck"—From what I witnessed at War Memorial Stadium and what I’ve heard about other CS games…they do have luck…kind of like Yankees luck…it just comes when it does

Not to stir up crap but just an observance…..why did BHILL kneel the ball down then reosrt to giving carrington the ball…..was it an attempt to get him more yards for a rather unimpressive showing from the BH MVP…or was it a snubbing to Liberty…I’m not trash talkinging…I’m observing and curious as to the coach’s idea there

My Prediction:

P.s. overheard a Huffman scout say that a star player for Huffman had been kicked off the team…would that be T. Griffith and if so what does that do to his commitment to UH

AggieJohn
10-21-2002, 02:04 PM
sorry bout posting it twice!

borfmen010
10-21-2002, 02:11 PM
I know that Bh will whip CS. Coldsprings is overrated. Whats up Jarod this is Moss yall played good on friday.

15 & 82

trojandad
10-21-2002, 02:23 PM
I just want to understand, if Coldspring wins it's only gonna be luck, but if the Hill wins it'll be skill?

BH_146
10-21-2002, 03:16 PM
Matthew, why would you pick Barbers Hill if you have Coldspring rated higher? It's not like BH is playing on their home turf which might give the Eagles an edge. I assumed your ratings indicated which teams are better right now regardless of records. Are you using the heads I win, tails you lose philosophy? By the way in speaking of records, both Barbers Hill and Coldspring are 4-0 in district play. In the games of the week, the records are posted as 3-0.

FBmania
10-21-2002, 03:25 PM
[

<small>[ October 21, 2002, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: FBmania ]</small>

FBmania
10-21-2002, 03:31 PM
FBmania:

borfmen010:
I know that Bh will whip CS. Coldsprings is overrated. Whats up Jarod this is Moss yall played good on friday.

15 & 82Hey Borf! So you are mr moss. Hey dude good job running the ball. I think ya'll should take care of business the rest of the way. Good luck!

To Trojan dad, you have to realize that a lot of these posts are excited young players still hyped up from recent battles on the field. I'm not really used to the support from LP but going against an 7-0 team to keep our district title run streak going, I welcome their support. Heres to a good game!

FBmania
10-21-2002, 06:12 PM

<small>[ October 21, 2002, 06:21 PM: Message edited by: FBmania ]</small>

QBKilla
10-21-2002, 06:24 PM
borfmen010:

15 & 82Whats up Eric? Yall played well too. You had some pretty tough runs too. I'm pretty sure yall are gonna demolish the rest of district and a few rounds of the playoffs. Good luck man and keep up the Alstott runs.

QBKilla
10-21-2002, 06:32 PM
explayer2001:
So it works like this…..I don’t want to get folks mad…..i’ve done that …and it served no purpose to both teams or too me….all it did was get me razzeled up and about 2 seconds away from having to take a tums!…..anyway I did have some questions that I thought I would post. Some of them responses, some of them General questions first of all…

To Liberty’s Defense- a continually impressive job against a formidable oppponent. 34 points should not hold you down against what that team normally puts up plus no real offensive drive either by BHILL

My Prediction:

P.s. overheard a Huffman scout say that a star player for Huffman had been kicked off the team…would that be T. Griffith and if so what does that do to his commitment to UHExplayer, the star that got kicked off the team was Curtis Crew a 2 way starter. But that was in Week 3. Against Cleveland, Austin Griffith tore his MCL and Huffman lost 2 other starters most likely for the season. I think the T. Griffith you are referring to is Travis Griffith, Austin's older brother who went to U of H and then blew out his knee soon there after. And from what I heard about Austin's commitment to U of H, is that they didn't offer him anything, he is just saying that he is committed and is going to walk on. I don't know what he will do know with his injury.

QBKilla
10-21-2002, 06:35 PM
QBKilla:

explayer2001:

My Prediction:

P.s. overheard a Huffman scout say that a star player for Huffman had been kicked off the team…would that be T. Griffith and if so what does that do to his commitment to UHExplayer, the star that got kicked off the team was Curtis Crew a 2 way starter. But that was in Week 3. Against Cleveland, Austin Griffith tore his MCL and Huffman lost 2 other starters most likely for the season. I think the T. Griffith you are referring to is Travis Griffith, Austin's older brother who went to U of H and then blew out his knee soon there after. And from what I heard about Austin's commitment to U of H, is that they didn't offer him anything, he is just saying that he is committed and is going to walk on. I don't know what he will do now with his injury.

QBKilla
10-21-2002, 06:36 PM
I tried to edit my post and it did that. Sorry.

RBARKER
10-21-2002, 07:13 PM
hey Trojandad, Just wanted to know how the facilities are at coldsprings? I've never been there, are yall's visitor stands large enough to hold a couple hundred screaming Eagle fans? I'm looking foward to a good game, oh and never mind some of these liberty fans they are still a little angry about the 1 point loss. I do applaud the liberty fans that made it back to the boards after the SMACK fest last week. Liberty, BH & Coldsprings all have great teams and will represent 22-3A well come play off time. Good luck to all of the teams during the next few games.

LLEDASF
10-21-2002, 08:26 PM
Hey Barker, I heard Coldspring has new facilities. I'm not sure how big their visitor side bleachers are, but this stadium has to be better than what they did have.

<small>[ October 21, 2002, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: LLEDASF ]</small>

LLEDASF
10-21-2002, 08:26 PM
Hey Barker, I heard Coldspring has new facilities. I'm not sure how big their visitor side bleachers are, but this stadium has to be better than what they did have.

<small>[ October 21, 2002, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: LLEDASF ]</small>

LLEDASF
10-21-2002, 08:27 PM

AggieJohn
10-21-2002, 10:04 PM
To BH_146, QBkilla, LLEDASF, and FBMANIA....look at your profile and check your personal message...

John p.

trojandad
10-22-2002, 03:45 AM
Rbarker, Coldspring has new facilities, definitely better than what they had, of course anything was better than what we had. The visitors stands hold a couple of hundred, I'm sure, but I would advise coming early, from what I hear NOBODY wants us to win. I think it comes from a 4 point win over Diboll, 2 over Splendora and 1 over Liberty. I've heard that many around are not going to their games and are coming to see you guys hand it to us. So I would advise coming early for a seat of any kind. Be careful driving. Going thru Cleveland around the 5 oclock hour can be a real time consumer.

RBARKER
10-22-2002, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the Info. Trojandad

trojandad
10-22-2002, 02:08 PM
I just heard that the game between Coldspring and Barbers Hill was changed to Saturday at Spring stadium. Does anyone have verification on this? Let me know.

trojandad
10-22-2002, 02:36 PM
I just got my question answered, the game has been moved to Saturday night at Spring stadium, 7:30 pm. It's an artificial surface, so mud won't be a problem. Like a playoff game on a neutral field, hmmmmm, the suspense grows.

ElMeroMero
10-22-2002, 07:38 PM
Not sure on this one or not but hasnt Coldspring returned a kickoff for a td in every game this year? If so did any of the teams try the push kick and if so did it work?

LP-DB
10-22-2002, 08:33 PM
el mero mero..they did not return a kickoff for money against us we kept the ball out of number 3's hands as much as possible..i would do the same if i was yall because your kickoff team is not your strong point..they block well and are disciplined..good luck to yall..

LLEDASF
10-22-2002, 09:42 PM
explayer2001:
So it works like this ...i know that y name is not indicative of what my part of the L. Panthers was...but i can't change it..so oh well....plus i'm almost on varsity here..give me a chance..i don't mean to get mad anymore..i’ve done that …and it served no purpose to both teams or too me….all it did was get me razzeled up and about 2 seconds away from having to take a tums!…..anyway I did have some questions that I thought I would post. Some of them responses, some of them General questions first of all…

To Liberty’s Defense- a continually impressive job against a formidable oppponent. 34 points should not hold you down against what that team normally puts up..ball didn't roll your way the second half...but Bhill never really made an offensive drive...good job!

My Prediction:

P.s. overheard a Huffman scout say that a star player for Huffman had been kicked off the team…would that be T. Griffith and if so what does that do to his commitment to UHRegarding your last paragraph above about why BH gave the ball to Carrington after QB kneeling the play before. It was because BH wanted to run out the 1:50 remaining on the clock. They kneeled their first play, and Liberty called a timeout. They then realized they would not be able to run the clock out so they ran Carrington a couple of times to assure time would expire and not have to punt to Liberty. That was quite an easy observation. It wasn't to help statistics.

QBKilla
10-23-2002, 09:25 AM
trojandad:
I just got my question answered, the game has been moved to Saturday night at Spring stadium, 7:30 pm. It's an artificial surface, so mud won't be a problem. Like a playoff game on a neutral field, hmmmmm, the suspense grows.It isn't for sure yet that we are playing in Spring. Our headcoach is heading to Coldspring today to check out the field. Turf would be playing right into Coldspring's hands. But football is football, you still have to execute.

trojandad
10-23-2002, 11:24 AM
What's so great about our team this year is that so many have contributed. We have such a good time hearing how #3 is such an offensive threat and we consider him very valuable, but we consider so many others so valuable. Our overall strength is that we have speed to burn. We have had many runbacks this year, but they have ranged from #3 to our fullback breaking one off to even our middle linebacker running one back. And the best part, the most challenging part, is having been the underdog for the entire year. It's why, I think, we have been good at coming from behind all year. I'm almost concerned how things might become once we are the favorite in a high powered game. But I can assure you, we haven't been at full strength since before the Liberty game, and all that changes this week. And with the game on a fast track, I'm very excited for a great game. Here's hoping for an injury free game. GO TROJANS!!!!

BH_146
10-23-2002, 11:33 AM
There shouldn't be any doubt that the Trojans are the favorite to win this game. Coldspring has the record, the rankings and evidently the speed to be the choice to win this game.

trojandad
10-23-2002, 11:46 AM
Thanks BH_146, but your the only one to say so. Data Poll, Collier, Texaspoweranking, even Matthew here has you guys to win. The boys have been taking posts on here and elsewhere on the net to school for motivation, it's pretty unanimous you guys are the team to beat. And with your tradition and streak, maybe that's the smart money talking. After all, we haven't been to the state semi finals since 96 or the state finals since 92. Undefeated is not an entitlement, I guess, it's earned by beating great schools deep in tradition. Here's hoping.

Jetback
10-23-2002, 01:10 PM
Is Liberty jinxed or what? They should have beat BH last week. Oh well, the Hill goes down this week. Coldspring 42, BH 7.

AggieJohn
10-23-2002, 02:08 PM
LLEDASF:

explayer2001:

My Prediction:

P.s. overheard a Huffman scout say that a star player for Huffman had been kicked off the team…would that be T. Griffith and if so what does that do to his commitment to UHRegarding your last paragraph above about why BH gave the ball to Carrington after QB kneeling the play before. It was because BH wanted to run out the 1:50 remaining on the clock. They kneeled their first play, and Liberty called a timeout. They then realized they would not be able to run the clock out so they ran Carrington a couple of times to assure time would expire and not have to punt to Liberty. That was quite an easy observation. It wasn't to help statistics.Cool.....i guess i was just razzled from the 5 turnovers Liberty had committed...so not like them normally

FBmania
10-23-2002, 04:05 PM
Jetback:
Is Liberty jinxed or what? They should have beat BH last week. Oh well, the Hill goes down this week. Coldspring 42, BH 7.Hey look who's back. You were finally able to quit crying and make a post. You know you might be right this week. Who knows? If you pick against BH every week you are bound to get one right. Jetback try not to cry this week just in case you are wrong. One thing is for sure though I'll come back win or lose. Now there, there, wipe those tears. frown

QBKilla
10-23-2002, 05:48 PM
Jetback:
Is Liberty jinxed or what? They should have beat BH last week. Oh well, the Hill goes down this week. Coldspring 42, BH 7.You did it Jetback! You broke the record. You now are the World Record Holder in three categories...most wrong posts in two months, most stupid posts in two months, and finally, most gay posts in two months. Congratulations! I didn't think you could do it but I think we all know who the Stupid Post King is around here. Way to go Jetback.

LLEDASF
10-23-2002, 08:03 PM
From reading earlier posts, it seems to be in agreement that the game being played on artificial turf works in favor of the Trojans. Sure turf is an ideal surface for those teams with speed, but I would not overlook the speed that the 'Hill possesses. They may not have as many speedsters as the trojans, but overall team speed is one of the 'Hill's strengths. Speed and physical strength work wonders for a football team, and although the 'Hill is never the biggest team on the field they are usually the most physical. I feel that the game being played on turf creates an equal playing field for both teams. How do ya'll feel about the turf?

RBARKER
10-23-2002, 08:08 PM
Hey QBKILLA, Are yall going to be able and go to the Spring ISD field and practice on the turf? It kills me that the game is Saturday, I have to go out of town that day and will not be able to see the game!! Well I will be pulling for the Eagles from afar. Oh and JETBACK, or should we call you YELLABACK get a life!!

AggieJohn
10-23-2002, 08:30 PM
FBmania:

Jetback:
Is Liberty jinxed or what? They should have beat BH last week. Oh well, the Hill goes down this week. Coldspring 42, BH 7.Hey look who's back. You were finally able to quit crying and make a post. You know you might be right this week. Who knows? If you pick against BH every week you are bound to get one right. Jetback try not to cry this week just in case you are wrong. One thing is for sure though I'll come back win or lose. Now there, there, wipe those tears. :(Hey jetback who ever you are let me let you in on a little secret for some reason these BHILL folks are kind of protective of their EAGLE Heritage on this message board....they tend to get mad quick and will basically squash ya statistically and verbally...i'd back away....i know i learned my lesson...haha...Good Luck BH...EVEN if you do lose to CS..which i don't see happening...it won't be 42-7...my prediction goes right now to 35-24 BH wins

FBmania
10-23-2002, 08:48 PM
The turf does help a team with exceptional speed. I think this is a tactical move by the CT coach. CT loses a little in it not being a true home game for them. I would rather just totally neutralize the speed on both sides and beat them with the more balanced and fundamentally sound team, on a nasty field. But it is the same for both teams so enough of this. If the Eagles are ready to play they will take care of business.

Eagles D will play big. O will use its speed to make plays. KEEP ROLLING EAGLES!

QBKilla
10-23-2002, 08:49 PM
LLEDASF:
From reading earlier posts, it seems to be in agreement that the game being played on artificial turf works in favor of the Trojans. Sure turf is an ideal surface for those teams with speed, but I would not overlook the speed that the 'Hill possesses. They may not have as many speedsters as the trojans, but overall team speed is one of the 'Hill's strengths. Speed and physical strength work wonders for a football team, and although the 'Hill is never the biggest team on the field they are usually the most physical. I feel that the game being played on turf creates an equal playing field for both teams. How do ya'll feel about the turf?As a team we do have very good speed. We also feel that we are more physical than Coldspring. The strengths and weaknesses pretty much equal out. It should be a dandy of a game. Just remember guys, when you get tackled of turf it hurts way more than getting tackled on some muddy grass. We intend on using that technique a few times. I think that playing on turf will open up our passing game a bit more as well. Northcutt can throw the ball very well and we have some pretty good receivers to get the ball to. It feels a bit weird to say...but I can't wait til SATURDAY night!

QBKilla
10-23-2002, 08:54 PM
RBARKER:
Hey QBKILLA, Are yall going to be able and go to the Spring ISD field and practice on the turf? It kills me that the game is Saturday, I have to go out of town that day and will not be able to see the game!! Well I will be pulling for the Eagles from afar. Oh and JETBACK, or should we call you YELLABACK get a life!!RBarker we aren't going to be able to practice on any turf before the game. I would also much rather play Friday because its just another day I have to wait til we can play. And don't worry about the Eagles we won't let you down. Yellaback, I doubt we are going to see you on this board too much longer. You will be too full of crow to make it back to your computer. Go Eagles!

Jetback
10-24-2002, 07:34 AM
QBKilla you are a big puss. Every time I see you play you have something hurt. Have you been drinking your milk? About time for another cast isn't it? Gives you a great excuse for missing all those tackles, Uh? I think you need to worry about Coldspring (Not Cold Springs!) and leave my out of your thoughts.

AggieJohn
10-24-2002, 08:04 AM
Jetback:
QBKilla you are a big puss. Every time I see you play you have something hurt. Have you been drinking your milk? About time for another cast isn't it? Gives you a great excuse for missing all those tackles, Uh? I think you need to worry about Coldspring (Not Cold Springs!) and leave my out of your thoughts.who are you?

QBKilla
10-24-2002, 09:31 AM
Jetback:
QBKilla you are a big puss. Every time I see you play you have something hurt. Have you been drinking your milk? About time for another cast isn't it? Gives you a great excuse for missing all those tackles, Uh? I think you need to worry about Coldspring (Not Cold Springs!) and leave my out of your thoughts.Haha. I'd like to see you call me that to my face. And actually the only thing that has been hurt this season is my thumb which is fully healed now. All I would need is one hand to handle your little pansy butt though. And I don't know what milk has to do with anything since I tore a ligament and didn't break a bone you freaking moron. Just go ahead and keep making stupid posts though, they make you look very intelligent.

QBKilla
10-24-2002, 05:46 PM
Just wanted to see how many of yall are going to be able to make the game Saturday night. So if you don't mind just throw your name out here so we can all talk about what looks to be a great game.

LP-DB
10-24-2002, 06:41 PM
i will surely try to make this great game..whip there ass barbershill..my predictions..27-21 barbershill..

# 80

LLEDASF
10-24-2002, 07:55 PM
Hey QBKilla, this cat will be there. I'm looking forward to an all out war. I hope the 'Hill's D comes ready to shut down the Trojan running game and wreak havoc on anyone that touches the football. It's hard to predict what the BH offense will do. I know they can be a threat both running and passing. It will just depend on what works best Saturday night. Good luck and may the best team win.

anahuacpanthers
10-24-2002, 08:00 PM
GO COLDSPRING!!!!!!!!!!!!

COLDSPRING BY 21

bubbabrown07
10-24-2002, 08:56 PM
Hey everyone. I was just wondering if there's some sort of history on the message board between BH and Jetback. I remember him posting a couple of times before we played you guys, but I didn't realize that apparently he has some kind of vendetta against everything that is Barbers Hill football. So what's the deal? Is he an angry ex-player who had a falling out with the coaches or a P'Oed member of a team that has historically done poorly against BH? Or is he just one of the classic annoying trash-talkers that never seems to go away? Anybody know?

FBmania
10-24-2002, 09:25 PM
bubbabrown07:
Hey everyone. I was just wondering if there's some sort of history on the message board between BH and Jetback. I remember him posting a couple of times before we played you guys, but I didn't realize that apparently he has some kind of vendetta against everything that is Barbers Hill football. So what's the deal? Is he an angry ex-player who had a falling out with the coaches or a P'Oed member of a team that has historically done poorly against BH? Or is he just one of the classic annoying trash-talkers that never seems to go away? Anybody know?I for one don't really know him. I have asked him a couple of times to identify himself in some sort of fashion ( by #, team, position or town ) and all I've ever gotten from him is that he's basically a fan of whom ever BH is playing at the time. Because he really doesn't like us. He talks a lot of smack before the game but when we win, he won't come back for awhile to take his medicine. :D

redneckplayer010
10-24-2002, 09:38 PM
barber's hill by 2 touchdowns... at least... jetback... you were cool when you were rooting for us, but now you have proven yourself to be the sickest person alive... thanks for rooting for the panthers.. but please quit

and yeah... like kent said... i'm interested in what sparked jetback's dumb posts and everyone from barber's hill hating him

BHtheHILL
10-24-2002, 09:39 PM
BH is a very well coached team that tends to take
advantage of turnovers. I see the team that has the fewest turnovers winning. Good luck EAGLES!
Keep on rollin 8th grade EAGLES!

FBmania
10-24-2002, 09:59 PM
redneckplayer010:
barber's hill by 2 touchdowns... at least... jetback... you were cool when you were rooting for us, but now you have proven yourself to be the sickest person alive... thanks for rooting for the panthers.. but please quit

and yeah... like kent said... i'm interested in what sparked jetback's dumb posts and everyone from barber's hill hating him

45Hey Redneck! I don't think anyone from BH hates him, he just really hates us. I wish he would say what team he used to play for or what team he supports the most because it would make the smack talk more legit and a lot more fun.

I also think maybe #40 from BH would like for him to be carrying the ball through the gap he's responsible for. :D :D :D What do you think 40?

<small>[ October 24, 2002, 10:04 PM: Message edited by: FBmania ]</small>

FBmania
10-24-2002, 10:08 PM
BHtheHILL:
BH is a very well coached team that tends to take
advantage of turnovers. I see the team that has the fewest turnovers winning. Good luck EAGLES!
Keep on rollin 8th grade EAGLES!Hello BHtheHILL, Just how are those young Eagles doing?

BHtheHILL
10-24-2002, 10:34 PM
Hello FBmania, The 8th graders are keeping that
winning tradition going for BH, still undefeated.
Disapointed the 8th grade game was cancelled with
Coldspring, I hear they have a very good 8th grade
also. Good luck to Varsity Eagles Saturday night!

BH_146
10-24-2002, 11:02 PM
Jetback first appeared on this message board during the baseball season when the poster pretended to be a Lorena supporter. Perhaps, that is the real clue as to who Jetback may be. The (Im)poster has had all summer to sulk and the hate just grew.

trojandad
10-24-2002, 11:08 PM
Well here's hoping that others beside "haters" believe the Trojans will win. LOL I, too, wish the 8th graders coulda played. I've heard great things about your bunch and have seen ours doing headhunting all year. Your right, we do have a talented 8th grade bunch, reminds me of our junior bunch when they were younger, very talented.

QBKilla
10-25-2002, 07:44 AM
anahuacpanthers:

COLDSPRING BY 21You should be saying GO LIBERTY! If Cleveland beats them we will most likely be playing yall again. But don't worry I seriously doubt that will happen, SERIOUSLY.

QBKilla
10-25-2002, 07:47 AM
One more day of waiting and then come the fireworks. It feels like Christmas Eve. It's almost time to open up a can of...candied yams.

trojandad
10-25-2002, 08:01 AM
I know we're rootin for you Liberty guys to win out, otherwise Cleveland might win out and that would make the Hill go D2 instead of D1. So root against us all you want, we're pullin for you guys to make the playoffs.

I posted this on the Liberty board. Of COURSE we're rooting for you guys to make it. LOL But I agree, after having played both you and Cleveland, your lines are your strength, theirs isn't. I would say tho, if I had thier Chris Reescano, I would sure be using him differently. He's their best athlete, in my opinion. Watch him and you'll be fine. GO TROJANS!!!!!

AggieJohn
10-25-2002, 08:17 AM
trojan dad...just like you don't understand why liberty people are rooting on BH this week, so we don't understand why you are rooting on cleveland...cleveland is lucky to even have a sports program their after all the trouble they've been getting into

TO MAKE ALL CLARIFICATIONS.....

EXPLAYER2001 IS NOT JETBACK......i wish i knew who this pompous dude was...just didn't want anyone thinking i had another identity...or somethingl ike that

trojandad
10-25-2002, 08:35 AM
EXPLAYER, reread buddy, my first line was:

I know we're rootin for you Liberty guys to win out

That means we're rooting for you guys to win, just like it says. What am I missing here?

LLEDASF
10-25-2002, 01:07 PM
The past few weeks, or should I say the past few years, BH has had great success blocking punts. They can really put some pressure on the deepsnapper and punter. I see punt protection as a big factor in this game. I know the Trojans have probably been practicing punt protection this week. I say the Hill will let the dogs out on every punt. The outcome should be interesting.

AggieJohn
10-25-2002, 01:11 PM
LLEDASF:
The past few weeks, or should I say the past few years, BH has had great success blocking punts. They can really put some pressure on the deepsnapper and punter. I see punt protection as a big factor in this game. I know the Trojans have probably been practicing punt protection this week. I say the Hill will let the dogs out on every punt. The outcome should be interesting.Granted the hills punt return defense is good..i think that the wind played a little bit of a factor in the liberty game....but then agian.....the coaches from liberty didn't but a second punt protector back their either...but i also believe that Special teams will be the deciding factor in sat's game...and since CS really doesn't have much of any type of special team...and bh is pretty good in all statistical areas......but i want to know if some of the BHILL players saw Karim Cruz hit a field goal straight through the uprights from the 50 yard line in pregame at BH....now granted the wind was a factor...who else in this district could boot that mess....

<small>[ October 25, 2002, 01:17 PM: Message edited by: explayer2001 ]</small>

Eagles52
10-25-2002, 02:18 PM
Just wanted to say that CS JV was undefeated until last night 34-0......

GO EAGLES!!!!!!

LLEDASF
10-25-2002, 02:31 PM
Yeah, I heard the JV did a great job last night against the Trojans. I heard ya'll really got after them with the big hits. The crop just keeps on flowing at the 'Hill. Let's carry on the tradition tomorrow night.

<small>[ October 26, 2002, 01:18 AM: Message edited by: LLEDASF ]</small>

NewMan88
10-25-2002, 02:45 PM
I am curious if explayer2001 could elaborate more on the trouble that Cleveland has been getting into?

BHtheHILL
10-25-2002, 04:05 PM
Congratulations on the big win JV. Hopefully the
varsity will finish what yall started.

trojandad
10-25-2002, 04:06 PM
Yea, I saw that JV game, you guys definitely dominated the Trojans last night. Guess that means the varsity need not show up tomorrow. Tell you what, we'll be there just so you don't have an empty stadium to have to choose up intramural teams, k? LOL

BHtheHILL
10-25-2002, 04:13 PM
Hey trojandad think there is a possibility that the 8th grade game will be rescheduled or will we have to wait till next year to see these to young
teams square off.

trojandad
10-25-2002, 04:24 PM
I don't know, BH, I'd sure like to see it. The junior high boys have had two games lost this year, the Diboll game and yours. Both would have been good. They both were intended to be the Homecoming game for the junior high, so I know there are parents motivated to see it. Tell you what, talk to the junior high coaches there, I'll talk to the head of the junior high coaches here and let's see if we can reschedule the 7th AND 8th grade games for the week after the season is over for us both. The worst they can say is no, isn't it?

BHtheHILL
10-25-2002, 04:37 PM
OK trojandad we'll work on that. maybe it just might work out. good luck tomorrow night against
the eagles.

QBKilla
10-26-2002, 10:26 AM
I am having withdrawls from only one Friday night without football. 7:30 won't get here fast enough. Guess I'll just have to watch a few college games to keep myself from shaking.

LLEDASF
10-26-2002, 03:44 PM
There haven't been many score predictions for tonights game. Let's throw some predictions out there. I predict the 'Hill shuts down the Trojan offense, and the 'Hill's offense and special teams have a great night. Barbers Hill--41 Coldspring--20.

Eagles52
10-26-2002, 10:23 PM
Well I know for sure BH won the game, I was told 48-20, the Hill dominating the entire game, correct w/e is wrong please

Eagles52
10-26-2002, 10:30 PM
jetback are you going to pick shepherd and tarkington over the Hill also or are you finally willing to eat crow?!

QBKilla
10-27-2002, 01:21 AM
Jetback:
QBKilla you are a big puss. Every time I see you play you have something hurt. Have you been drinking your milk? About time for another cast isn't it? Gives you a great excuse for missing all those tackles, Uh? I think you need to worry about Coldspring (Not Cold Springs!) and leave my out of your thoughts.Whose the big puss now Jetback? Looks like we ruined your plans again. I was just wondering, is it better to marinate your crow or just stuff it full of crap just like someone did to you? Nice prediction moron.

QBKilla
10-27-2002, 01:48 PM
To the Coldspring Trojans, yall played a very good game and yall are very talented. Yall have a classy team. Other than all the chanting yall did before the game there wasn't much trash talking goin on. Good luck the rest of the way.

Birdman
10-27-2002, 04:45 PM
TrojanDad,
I applaud your interest in getting the 8th grade teams a chance to play, but unless they both have an open week before the end of the regular season, it is prohibited by the UIL. The rule is that sub-varsity teams cannot play after the end of the varsity regular season.

FBmania
10-27-2002, 07:09 PM

<small>[ October 27, 2002, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: FBmania ]</small>

QBKilla
10-27-2002, 07:13 PM
What is the most posts ever on one thread. Just wondering. This has quite a few.

trojandad
10-27-2002, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the info on the UIL rules for 8th graders playing. I didn't know. Maybe next year.

Well, about that game Saturday night. First and foremost, it's obvious the best team won. Hat's off to you guys. As I said before the game, it's always an experience to play a quality established program as BH.

Second, my son and other men on our team remarked a lot about how clean the guys were from BH. There wasn't a lot of mouth or attitude which was refreshing. There were a lot of holding calls that went uncalled on both sides (well, we got two of them called on us) but maybe the refs were letting them slide due to the wet weather. But the quality of the men went without saying.

As for the game. The best rounded team definitely won. Not just speaking of what's done on the field buit what is done to generate an atmosphere and winning dominance, including not loosing their cool and allowing the game to be played at their pace.

After watching the tape of the game several times with my son (he's finally getting over it), my observations are: first, I read that BH dominated in all portions of the game. This is an aspect I have to greatly disagree with. Starting with special teams, both teams had two punts, neither was blocked. BH push kicked several times to our linebacker who didn't lose a kick. Two kicks were squibbed long by BH, one was almost returned for a TD (60 yds) by Adair. We even blocked an extra point and returned it for a score, not done by BH. After going into this game believing the special teams portion would be lost by us, I now see it might be the only portion of the game we had the advantage in. We now know how Barry Bonds feels getting walked so much, nobody wants to kick to us anymore. LOL

We lost two fumbles on the night on offense. If you check our average for the season though, we've averaged loosing two fumbles in every game. It's the nature of the veer offense, much more pitching and handling of the football than straight handoff rushing offenses. So we don't feel the defense for BH forced any turnovers over and above what is normal for us. The one thing that did show in the statistics was that our average yardage per down was closer to 6 whereas it is usually over 8. We lost our starting guard to a turned ankle in the first half which sure slowed the fullback plays up the middle. He came back the second half, which gave our fullback a lot of breakouts. In faact, he was the leading ground gainer of the game due to the second half return of that guard, I feel. I was also dissappointed that our shoes weren't brought over to the field long before to see how they would handle the field. The guys talked about slipping all night, and most cutbacks by our backs went for slipdowns. I just feel that since our coaches knew this was going to be the field several days in adavnce, they should have tried the shoes out better days before so they could try others if needed, which we definitely did. My son said he slipped all night.

There were only two interceptions, one from our wide receiver throwing an a reverse pass that he underthrew 20 yards and one to a interference that knocked down our receiver and left an easy pickoff for BH. It just made me sick, happened during a very pivotal time in the game, in my feelings. I can see how the ref missed it, he was on the inside of the play and it was the outside defender, closest to the CS stands, that pushed Leodis in the back while looking up for the ball, but on my tape it is very visible. That's probably why the CS stands went so crazy about it. But if you take the 2 intercepts, the 2 fumbles, 2 punts and having the ball at the end of both halves when they expired (and were driving on each), the remaining possessions we scored. I say all that to say that it wasn't a feeling the offense had that BH had the defense to stop them, or were overhitters as I had heard. In fact, the biggest defense to the CS offense was the ability of the BH offense to beat up on our defense and stay on the field methodically, keeping the CS offense on the bench.

The feeling is that it was the difference between the BH offense and the CS defense that was the dagger to us. The GT play as we know it (the simple handoff/keeper option play) is a play that your team runs excellently. And as the BH backs are, that play is made by the pulling line. If the pulling line is taken out of that play, it turns into a simple dive/sneak play, which is much more stoppable than the quality play you run. There were several teams scouting during the game and all said the same thing about that play, that we should have some of our offensive linemen on the defensive side of the line being more physical with the pulling linemen. I couldn't agree with them more.

As a smaller school, we obviously aren't that deep. But even you guys being a larger school had players going both ways. But for some reason, probably being afraid of injuries, our head coach is offense first, defense second, and never the two shall meet (except #3). But, as this was the biggest game in the school's regular season history (a chance to go 10-0 for the first time in school history), many just felt this was the time to play our best 11 on both sides of the ball, injuries be damned. But our head coach is a former offensive coordinator under Emory Bellard. Very talented on offense but has been very defensive on suggestions in the past, somehow feeling they are against him personally, even from some of his friends. So we just watch the offense with fun and accept his choices on defense. His choices on defense were hard to watch Saturday night. Maybe he'll see that we have to take some chances on going both ways with some players after that defensive demolition.

Anyway, let me close by saying, again, that the most well rounded team definitely won Saturday. I applaud your players and coaches. And though I definitely disagree with those that said they dominated in every way possible, and I don't believe the refs calls would have done anything but bring us a couple of touchdowns closer, the best team won. Here's hoping the best for both teams in the playoffs.

FBmania
10-27-2002, 09:05 PM
Well Trojan dad you tried not to show sour grapes but it is showing through anyway. Don't tarnish a valiant effort by the Trojans by whining about officiating. There were plenty of blown calls to go around.

As far as the hits, there was a big one on your reciever that caused a fumble, the int pass off of the reverse was because of a big hit to come.
There were sevaral during the game that caused some headaches.

I think it was obvious there were injuries on both sides. Our starting tightend, weakside linebacker to name a couple.

I didn't have the luxury of going over game film sevaral times as did you, nor did any of the posters who posted last night after the game. Those comments were made by folks who were jacked up after an emotional win. But by and large most of the comments in my opinion were very respectful of your team. We had kids slipping and sliding all night. All I'm saying is the game was pretty dominant on the BH side. The Trojans have a very talented team very worthy of there record. And on this night they were soundly out played/coached. Don't make excuses, we won the game. I'm somewhat surprised by your reaction!
I could go on all night about strategy and play calling and tons of other things but the point is the game is over move on!!! :confused:

<small>[ October 27, 2002, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: FBmania ]</small>

QBKilla
10-27-2002, 09:40 PM
trojandad:
Thanks for the info on the UIL rules for 8th graders playing. I didn't know. Maybe next year.

Well, about that game Saturday night. First and foremost, it's obvious the best team won. Hat's off to you guys. As I said before the game, it's always an experience to play a quality established program as BH.

Second, my son and other men on our team remarked a lot about how clean the guys were from BH. There wasn't a lot of mouth or attitude which was refreshing. There were a lot of holding calls that went uncalled on both sides (well, we got two of them called on us) but maybe the refs were letting them slide due to the wet weather. But the quality of the men went without saying.

As for the game. The best rounded team definitely won. Not just speaking of what's done on the field buit what is done to generate an atmosphere and winning dominance, including not loosing their cool and allowing the game to be played at their pace.

After watching the tape of the game several times with my son (he's finally getting over it), my observations are: first, I read that BH dominated in all portions of the game. This is an aspect I have to greatly disagree with. Starting with special teams, both teams had two punts, neither was blocked. BH push kicked several times to our linebacker who didn't lose a kick. Two kicks were squibbed long by BH, one was almost returned for a TD (60 yds) by Adair. We even blocked an extra point and returned it for a score, not done by BH. After going into this game believing the special teams portion would be lost by us, I now see it might be the only portion of the game we had the advantage in. We now know how Barry Bonds feels getting walked so much, nobody wants to kick to us anymore. LOL

We lost two fumbles on the night on offense. If you check our average for the season though, we've averaged loosing two fumbles in every game. It's the nature of the veer offense, much more pitching and handling of the football than straight handoff rushing offenses. So we don't feel the defense for BH forced any turnovers over and above what is normal for us. The one thing that did show in the statistics was that our average yardage per down was closer to 6 whereas it is usually over 8. We lost our starting guard to a turned ankle in the first half which sure slowed the fullback plays up the middle. He came back the second half, which gave our fullback a lot of breakouts. In faact, he was the leading ground gainer of the game due to the second half return of that guard, I feel. I was also dissappointed that our shoes weren't brought over to the field long before to see how they would handle the field. The guys talked about slipping all night, and most cutbacks by our backs went for slipdowns. I just feel that since our coaches knew this was going to be the field several days in adavnce, they should have tried the shoes out better days before so they could try others if needed, which we definitely did. My son said he slipped all night.

There were only two interceptions, one from our wide receiver throwing an a reverse pass that he underthrew 20 yards and one to a interference that knocked down our receiver and left an easy pickoff for BH. It just made me sick, happened during a very pivotal time in the game, in my feelings. I can see how the ref missed it, he was on the inside of the play and it was the outside defender, closest to the CS stands, that pushed Leodis in the back while looking up for the ball, but on my tape it is very visible. That's probably why the CS stands went so crazy about it. But if you take the 2 intercepts, the 2 fumbles, 2 punts and having the ball at the end of both halves when they expired (and were driving on each), the remaining possessions we scored. I say all that to say that it wasn't a feeling the offense had that BH had the defense to stop them, or were overhitters as I had heard. In fact, the biggest defense to the CS offense was the ability of the BH offense to beat up on our defense and stay on the field methodically, keeping the CS offense on the bench.

The feeling is that it was the difference between the BH offense and the CS defense that was the dagger to us. The GT play as we know it (the simple handoff/keeper option play) is a play that your team runs excellently. And as the BH backs are, that play is made by the pulling line. If the pulling line is taken out of that play, it turns into a simple dive/sneak play, which is much more stoppable than the quality play you run. There were several teams scouting during the game and all said the same thing about that play, that we should have some of our offensive linemen on the defensive side of the line being more physical with the pulling linemen. I couldn't agree with them more.

As a smaller school, we obviously aren't that deep. But even you guys being a larger school had players going both ways. But for some reason, probably being afraid of injuries, our head coach is offense first, defense second, and never the two shall meet (except #3). But, as this was the biggest game in the school's regular season history (a chance to go 10-0 for the first time in school history), many just felt this was the time to play our best 11 on both sides of the ball, injuries be damned. But our head coach is a former offensive coordinator under Emory Bellard. Very talented on offense but has been very defensive on suggestions in the past, somehow feeling they are against him personally, even from some of his friends. So we just watch the offense with fun and accept his choices on defense. His choices on defense were hard to watch Saturday night. Maybe he'll see that we have to take some chances on going both ways with some players after that defensive demolition.

Anyway, let me close by saying, again, that the most well rounded team definitely won Saturday. I applaud your players and coaches. And though I definitely disagree with those that said they dominated in every way possible, and I don't believe the refs calls would have done anything but bring us a couple of touchdowns closer, the best team won. Here's hoping the best for both teams in the playoffs.Trojandad, I didn't think you would make a post like this. I honestly thought you wouldn't make excuses. I guess I was wrong. When you refer to the nature of your offense is losing the ball occasionally...we caused every fumble we got. Me and our cornerback caused the first one with a hit and a strip and then I stripped the second one in the open. The other fumbles which were the "nature of your offense" were recovered by yall. And about the holding calls, #69 for yall was holding ALL NIGHT LONG. He should have gotten rung up for a lot more than just two. How exactly do you figure you won the special teams battle? You were unsuccessful on all three PAT's. The blocked kick that yall ran back should have been nullified by a block in the back. And we partially blocked the second punt. Yall didn't even get close to our punter. And about the two interceptions, one was just a good play by our cornerback, he went up and got the ball, he didn't push off. The second was an underthrown ball because of the heat put on the passer. Yall weren't driving at the end of each half either. Yall decided to run out the clock on yall's side of the field in the first half. And in the second half we had our back ups in. I would hope that your starting offense could atleast make a few yards on out 2nd teamers. Quit blaming your team slipping on the shoes. We had the same shoes that yall had but they were white and blue. Both teams were slipping all night long, IT WAS WET. And I bet if yall would have kicked more than one time we would have blocked one. Instead you chose to go for 2 and got stuffed both times. And don't even start about injuries, we lost the best tight end in the district for the remainder of the game in the second half AFTER he made a long KICK OFF RETURN(special teams) against yall. The fact that you say our defense didn't contain yall makes me sick. And to say we didn't just blow some of yalls backs and receivers up is atrocious. Yall had plenty of possessions to capitalize on but you either couldn't score or turned the ball over. And our GT play as you call it, did involve pulling linemen, which blocked your guys all night long. Yall didn't make adjustments, therefore we continued to capitalize on it. And I really don't think you should blame the coaching for anything, they didn't do a bad job. And back to the shoes, what would you have worn instead of turf shoes? The ones yall had on were probably the best possible. Anyways, don't tarnish a hard fought game wiht excuses. It makes you look bad. Good luck for the rest of the season.

AggieJohn
10-27-2002, 10:04 PM
NewMan88:
I am curious if explayer2001 could elaborate more on the trouble that Cleveland has been getting into?Maybe i should CHeck My sources first but i was talking to a girl from Cleveland who was telling me that so many parents have been getting into fights over there that they were considering a year or so ago of taking all u.i.l. sports from that school for a short probation period

AggieJohn
10-27-2002, 10:13 PM
trojandad:

Anyway, let me close by saying, again, that the most well rounded team definitely won Saturday. I applaud your players and coaches. And though I definitely disagree with those that said they dominated in every way possible, and I don't believe the refs calls would have done anything but bring us a couple of touchdowns closer, the best team won. Here's hoping the best for both teams in the playoffs.sounds like a round-a-bout way to say we out butts kicked

trojandad
10-27-2002, 10:42 PM
Man, for some reason when I make a post, the obvious that is said seems to go unheard.

Repeating again, the best team won.

I started out saying that and I ended up saying that.

I expressed being upset with the refs on no holding calls and a blown interference. You expressed that he missed a block in the back. I agree. I don't call yours sour grapes, you shouldn't call mine sour grapes.

I expressed negatives with OUR coaching staff, not yours. No sour grapes there.

I said both sides held all night, you didn't. No sour grapes there.

If my comments have to agree with yours, young men, then I guess your gonna be waiting awhile. I don't believe you beat us in every aspect of the game, but you definitely beat us in more than we did you. But if not agreeing with your view of the game makes me sound like sour grapes, when I've given you your props in the beginning and end, then let me spell it out, not everyone will agree with you on all your opinions, and it doesn't make them sounding to have "sour grapes". It's called life.

And, for the record, #69 didn't hold all night anymore than you kept your mouth shut all night, but I chose to pay you and your team a compliment, you chose to diss. For the record, #69 found you a long way from being a QBkilla, you just happen to be playing in a better system. Count your blessings rather than dissing sour grapes from a winner. I'm out, boys.

ElMeroMero
10-27-2002, 11:17 PM
LOL I still cant get over the turf shoes.

FBmania
10-28-2002, 12:30 AM
SOUR GRAPES!

LLEDASF
10-28-2002, 12:38 AM
Hey trojandad, if you were my dad and my team had just been beaten and you proceeded to get on an internet site and make excuses (and excuses is what they were; sugar-coated excuses) for losing as bad as the trojans did I would be very embarrassed. What kind of an example are you setting for your son?

trojandad
10-28-2002, 12:56 AM
I'll take my chances with my fatherhood example. I raised a man with too much class to get on here and say derogatory things about your father.

Looks like I was wrong about the "non attitude". Sorry your comments became so derogatory. To take BH-146's advise, I'm getting out of this classless discussion.

Look forward to next year.

LLEDASF
10-28-2002, 01:49 AM
Trojandad, if you sit there as a father and sugarcoat excuses and downplay the performance of your son's opposition calling them "young men" and talking down to these young men like you hold the knowledge of someone who has been through it all, then yeah, you better believe you will get my opinion.

QBKilla
10-28-2002, 10:42 AM
trojandad:
Man, for some reason when I make a post, the obvious that is said seems to go unheard.

Repeating again, the best team won.

I started out saying that and I ended up saying that.

I expressed being upset with the refs on no holding calls and a blown interference. You expressed that he missed a block in the back. I agree. I don't call yours sour grapes, you shouldn't call mine sour grapes.

I expressed negatives with OUR coaching staff, not yours. No sour grapes there.

I said both sides held all night, you didn't. No sour grapes there.

If my comments have to agree with yours, young men, then I guess your gonna be waiting awhile. I don't believe you beat us in every aspect of the game, but you definitely beat us in more than we did you. But if not agreeing with your view of the game makes me sound like sour grapes, when I've given you your props in the beginning and end, then let me spell it out, not everyone will agree with you on all your opinions, and it doesn't make them sounding to have "sour grapes". It's called life.

And, for the record, #69 didn't hold all night anymore than you kept your mouth shut all night, but I chose to pay you and your team a compliment, you chose to diss. For the record, #69 found you a long way from being a QBkilla, you just happen to be playing in a better system. Count your blessings rather than dissing sour grapes from a winner. I'm out, boys.Actually I kept my mouth shut Saturday night. I guess you'll take the information of someone who cheap shotted and tried to break people's ankles under the pile. And YES HE DID HOLD ALL NIGHT LONG. But he really didn't block anyone at all. He definitely NEVER blocked me, and our tackle smoked him all night. And if you don't think that I laid enough wood that night just ask #59, #42 and #3 just for starters. And for the record I gave yall your props but the you got on here and MADE EXCUSES. On the "supposed pass interference", HE FELL DOWN ON HIS OWN. But I do agree that I play in a better system. And we count our blessings every night but we don't like it when people get beat and then make excuses, AND THEN act like they didn't make excuses. YES, WE DOMINATED THE GAME. Whether you like it or not. WE DID. I don't care what you THINK you saw on your film, but we dominated.

CSQB7
10-29-2002, 01:32 PM
QBKilla:
To the Coldspring Trojans, yall played a very good game and yall are very talented. Yall have a classy team. Other than all the chanting yall did before the game there wasn't much trash talking goin on. Good luck the rest of the way.

40I think I met you 2 days before the game in BH @ the JV game.Yall boys have a good ball club and I wish yall luck in the playoffs.I still think the game wouldve been a little more interesting if our coach wouldnt have given up on our defense.By the way nice hit on the first play that put me at 85% for the rest of the night.What I like most about yall is that yall dont talk smack thats what made yall a good team in my book.We were outplayed and coached so my hats off to you all.Good Luck

EagleTE81
10-29-2002, 03:12 PM
CSQB7,
i takes alot of class to come out and say something like that. i went out with an ankle injury near the middle middle of the first half, but while i was in there, the one thing i noticed is that yall didnt let your record go to your head. a lot of undefeated teams get cocky, i have seen it happen. the only thing i personnally didnt care for was the pregame chanting. i dont know what it was about, but just a little advice, if it was for intimidation, it didnt work, it just fired us up...good luck on the rest of your season....

GO EAGLES

FBmania
10-29-2002, 04:06 PM
To CSQB7 good game bud. It shows a lot of heart to take the hit you did and come back in and play at the level you did. You guys have a good team.
As for as the chanting, I thought maybe it was more of a team unity thing or something to get your team fired up. After talking to most of the BH players, they all pretty much responded the same way, that it riled'em up. Either way, good luck the rest of the year.

To Trojan Dad..... I hope we can set aside our differences on the game and get back to more friendly discussions. TRUCE???

<small>[ October 29, 2002, 03:07 PM: Message edited by: FBmania ]</small>

QBKilla
10-29-2002, 07:09 PM
CSQB7:

QBKilla:

40I think I met you 2 days before the game in BH @ the JV game.Yall boys have a good ball club and I wish yall luck in the playoffs.I still think the game wouldve been a little more interesting if our coach wouldnt have given up on our defense.By the way nice hit on the first play that put me at 85% for the rest of the night.What I like most about yall is that yall dont talk smack thats what made yall a good team in my book.We were outplayed and coached so my hats off to you all.Good LuckHey CSQB7, that was our sophomore LB that you met #46 on the sideline. I was on the other sideline. But anyways, yall played a pretty good game save for a few defensive breakdowns the other night. I was also very impressed with the minimal trash talk yall had. Yall have something good going over there for yall, and should do very well come playoff time. Yall are EXTREMELY talented! Good game to you and everyone else and good luck the rest of the way.

AggieJohn
10-30-2002, 01:56 PM
can't you just feel all the love in the room?

bubbabrown07
10-30-2002, 07:46 PM
hehe

I'm just wonderin, what was Coldspring chanting before the game??

AggieJohn
10-30-2002, 08:58 PM
bubbabrown07:
hehe

I'm just wonderin, what was Coldspring chanting before the game??My vote is "oh...crap, oh...crap"

CSQB7
10-30-2002, 10:35 PM
explayer2001:

bubbabrown07:
hehe

I'm just wonderin, what was Coldspring chanting before the game??My vote is "oh...crap, oh...crap"Our team chant because we have something to chant about,we are a good team and that is what get us riled up before a game.(maybe yall should get a chant)Want to know why I say that.....here is ....To get yall panthers fired up to go 3rd in district.Plus to play full length games so a team cant break yall hearts like we did.Remember.......#7 moving his offense attack down the field with a 4 and 30 on his back pass to #3 for first down and remember him running hard till about the 5 and let his power horse punch through yall line for 6.O I for got that made it 21-20 and me personally jumping into the -nzone- for the PAT making it 21-22 Coldspring victory. #7 14for126 .......And to those Eagles fight on for22-3a and represent in D1 cause we are going to do that in D2.... And for Liberty Get READY for Cleveland cause yall have to fight for a spot the last spot at that. #7

AggieJohn
10-30-2002, 10:56 PM
CSQB7:

explayer2001:

bubbabrown07:
hehe

I'm just wonderin, what was Coldspring chanting before the game??My vote is "oh...crap, oh...crap"Our team chant because we have something to chant about,we are a good team and that is what get us riled up before a game.(maybe yall should get a chant)Want to know why I say that.....here is ....To get yall panthers fired up to go 3rd in district.Plus to play full length games so a team cant break yall hearts like we did.Remember.......#7 moving his offense attack down the field with a 4 and 30 on his back pass to #3 for first down and remember him running hard till about the 5 and let his power horse punch through yall line for 6.O I for got that made it 21-20 and me personally jumping into the -nzone- for the PAT making it 21-22 Coldspring victory. #7 14for126 .......And to those Eagles fight on for22-3a and represent in D1 cause we are going to do that in D2.... And for Liberty Get READY for Cleveland cause yall have to fight for a spot the last spot at that. #7hey buddy....i was just making a joke...don't take it too serious...we both know what type of teams liberty, bhill, and CS are....calm down...

CSQB7
10-30-2002, 11:12 PM
explayer2001:

CSQB7:

explayer2001:

bubbabrown07:
hehe

I'm just wonderin, what was Coldspring chanting before the game??My vote is "oh...crap, oh...crap"Our team chant because we have something to chant about,we are a good team and that is what get us riled up before a game.(maybe yall should get a chant)Want to know why I say that.....here is ....To get yall panthers fired up to go 3rd in district.Plus to play full length games so a team cant break yall hearts like we did.Remember.......#7 moving his offense attack down the field with a 4 and 30 on his back pass to #3 for first down and remember him running hard till about the 5 and let his power horse punch through yall line for 6.O I for got that made it 21-20 and me personally jumping into the -nzone- for the PAT making it 21-22 Coldspring victory. #7 14for126 .......And to those Eagles fight on for22-3a and represent in D1 cause we are going to do that in D2.... And for Liberty Get READY for Cleveland cause yall have to fight for a spot the last spot at that. #7hey buddy....i was just making a joke...don't take it too serious...we both know what type of teams liberty, bhill, and CS are....calm down...Well then I got a chant .........Nall tha jokes r on yall..(lol)

AggieJohn
10-31-2002, 11:09 AM
"Well then I got a chant .........Nall tha jokes r on yall..(lol) " by CSQB7

Uhh....so i don't exactly read illiterate writings dude...trust me your cool factor would increase a lot if you didn't take everything so seriously..lighten up...it's only h.s. football

<small>[ October 31, 2002, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: explayer2001 ]</small>

CSplaya12
11-01-2002, 10:25 AM
hey #7 this is your JV counter part here....let it go...no big deal...lets just hold it down tonyte...tarkington is going down...lets keep it fired up and win this game...holla back

QBKilla
11-03-2002, 01:31 PM
Matt, what is the most posts on one thread?

AggieJohn
11-04-2002, 02:51 PM
QBKilla:
Matt, what is the most posts on one thread?

40hey good luck this week and in playoffs....i hope yall take care of those cardinals first round..that will be a game for the ages there