PDA

View Full Version : Rumors I heard in Burnet Today

lv2937
11-19-2003, 07:24 PM
I heard today that IF Burnet wins Saturday and If Sinton wins, that the Burnet/Sinton game will be on Friday after Thanksgiving 12 noon at the Alamo dome in S.A.

Hottogo
11-19-2003, 07:32 PM
I like that!

Hot Rod
11-19-2003, 07:49 PM
you might want to ck that out from what i hear we will play at the alamo dome if we have any options it cost the school to much to play there last year

Dawgfan97
11-19-2003, 08:43 PM
I heard thet we might play in Larado. Can't remember from who though....

weatherag07
11-19-2003, 08:54 PM
I hope it's not Laredo!!! That's too far from where I'm coming back from Thanksgiving! frown

sinton66
11-19-2003, 08:55 PM
If it's Sinton's choice, it WON'T be Laredo. More likely right back at Victoria.

BHS#1
11-19-2003, 08:57 PM
Why would Sinton and Burnet play in Laredo? They are playing Zapata there this weekend. Where are we going to go if Zapata wins?

bulldogvet85
11-19-2003, 09:07 PM
Hot Rod:
you might want to ck that out from what i hear we will play at the alamo dome if we have any options it cost the school to much to play there last yearI hear it aint that expensive to play there and that when you play there the district will make some money off it

olddog73
11-19-2003, 10:15 PM
BHS#1:
Why would Sinton and Burnet play in Laredo? They are playing Zapata there this weekend. Where are we going to go if Zapata wins?I heard that if Zapata wins we will play in Rio Grande City.

BurnetBandRules
11-19-2003, 10:40 PM
I would check into this before you put concrete decesions into your minds. How can anyone say this anyway because we still have to flip on who is home/visitor

Burnet Dawg06
11-19-2003, 10:40 PM
Doesn't it all depend on which coach wins the toss?

BHS#1
11-19-2003, 10:44 PM
olddog73:

BHS#1:
Why would Sinton and Burnet play in Laredo? They are playing Zapata there this weekend. Where are we going to go if Zapata wins?I heard that if Zapata wins we will play in Rio Grande City.Where is Rio Grande City?

bd0707
11-19-2003, 10:50 PM
I hope this not the case, We are going to the UT vs. A&M game on the Friday after Thanksgiving. We were hoping to go from College Station straight to a Burnet vs. Sinton game in Victoria on Saturday.

Burnet Dawg06
11-19-2003, 10:53 PM
BHS#1:

olddog73:

BHS#1:
Why would Sinton and Burnet play in Laredo? They are playing Zapata there this weekend. Where are we going to go if Zapata wins?I heard that if Zapata wins we will play in Rio Grande City.Where is Rio Grande City?I would think it would be somewhere on the border, but what do I know? I'm too lazy to go look at a map...

sinfan75
11-19-2003, 11:00 PM
BHS#1:

olddog73:

BHS#1:
Why would Sinton and Burnet play in Laredo? They are playing Zapata there this weekend. Where are we going to go if Zapata wins?I heard that if Zapata wins we will play in Rio Grande City.Where is Rio Grande City?Ohhh right down the road from Zapata about 30 miles or so.As a matter of fact just follow the Rio Grande River east and you'll drive right into it.Lovely place.Rattlesnakes just love it there. :D :D :D

olddog73
11-19-2003, 11:01 PM
Burnet Dawg06:

BHS#1:

olddog73:

BHS#1:
Why would Sinton and Burnet play in Laredo? They are playing Zapata there this weekend. Where are we going to go if Zapata wins?I heard that if Zapata wins we will play in Rio Grande City.Where is Rio Grande City?I would think it would be somewhere on the border, but what do I know? I'm too lazy to go look at a map...

sinfan75
11-19-2003, 11:05 PM
Ya'll think drivin to Victoria is far? Just tack on another 2 hrs.if ya'll play in Rio Grande City.So ya better be big time Sinton fans if ya wanna stay a little closer to home!!! :D :D :D

olddog73
11-19-2003, 11:15 PM
olddog73:

Burnet Dawg06:

BHS#1:

olddog73:

BHS#1:
Why would Sinton and Burnet play in Laredo? They are playing Zapata there this weekend. Where are we going to go if Zapata wins?I heard that if Zapata wins we will play in Rio Grande City.Where is Rio Grande City?I would think it would be somewhere on the border, but what do I know? I'm too lazy to go look at a map...Rio Grande City is between Roma and La Grulla. I heard that because of the International Cultural Agreement that is currently in affect between Texas and Mexico, that if Zapata wins their game with Sinton, the winner of the Wharton- Burnet game will be required to play Zapata in Rio Grande City, regardless of who wins the coin toss. This is the reason the Sinton-Zapata game is being played in Larado. Under the terms of the Cultural Agreement currently in effect, all games played in the play offs by a school located in a town on the border must be played in a town adjacent to the Texas/Mexican Border. Because of the Mexican water defecit negotiations taking place in Monterrey, Mexico, the Culture Agreement has become even more important to the wellfare of our two countries.

olddog73
11-19-2003, 11:16 PM
olddog73:

olddog73:

Burnet Dawg06:

BHS#1:

olddog73:

BHS#1:
Why would Sinton and Burnet play in Laredo? They are playing Zapata there this weekend. Where are we going to go if Zapata wins?I heard that if Zapata wins we will play in Rio Grande City.Where is Rio Grande City?I would think it would be somewhere on the border, but what do I know? I'm too lazy to go look at a map...Rio Grande City is between Roma and La Grulla. I heard that because of the International Cultural Agreement that is currently in affect between Texas and Mexico, that if Zapata wins their game with Sinton, the winner of the Wharton- Burnet game will be required to play Zapata in Rio Grande City, regardless of who wins the coin toss. This is the real reason the Sinton-Zapata game is being played in Larado. Under the terms of the Cultural Agreement currently in effect, all games played in the play offs by a school located in a town on the border must be played in a town adjacent to the Texas/Mexican Border. Because of the Mexican water defecit negotiations taking place in Monterrey, Mexico, the Culture Agreement has become even more important to the wellfare of our two countries.

bd0707
11-19-2003, 11:18 PM
Well! come on Sinton get down there and take care of business!

weatherag07
11-19-2003, 11:19 PM
olddog73:

olddog73:

Burnet Dawg06:

BHS#1:

olddog73:

BHS#1:
Why would Sinton and Burnet play in Laredo? They are playing Zapata there this weekend. Where are we going to go if Zapata wins?I heard that if Zapata wins we will play in Rio Grande City.Where is Rio Grande City?I would think it would be somewhere on the border, but what do I know? I'm too lazy to go look at a map...Rio Grande City is between Roma and La Grulla. I heard that because of the International Cultural Agreement that is currently in affect between Texas and Mexico, that if Zapata wins their game with Sinton, the winner of the Wharton- Burnet game will be required to play Zapata in Rio Grande City, regardless of who wins the coin toss. This is the reason the Sinton-Zapata game is being played in Larado. Under the terms of the Cultural Agreement currently in effect, all games played in the play offs by a school located in a town on the border must be played in a town adjacent to the Texas/Mexican Border. Because of the Mexican water defecit negotiations taking place in Monterrey, Mexico, the Culture Agreement has become even more important to the wellfare of our two countries.Go Sinton! I'm rootin for y'all this weekend!...but that's it. wink

Burnet Dawg06
11-19-2003, 11:32 PM
Go Sinton! :D Lol

Hottogo
11-19-2003, 11:51 PM
olddog73:

olddog73:

olddog73:

Burnet Dawg06:

BHS#1:

olddog73:

BHS#1:
Why would Sinton and Burnet play in Laredo? They are playing Zapata there this weekend. Where are we going to go if Zapata wins?I heard that if Zapata wins we will play in Rio Grande City.Where is Rio Grande City?I would think it would be somewhere on the border, but what do I know? I'm too lazy to go look at a map...Rio Grande City is between Roma and La Grulla. I heard that because of the International Cultural Agreement that is currently in affect between Texas and Mexico, that if Zapata wins their game with Sinton, the winner of the Wharton- Burnet game will be required to play Zapata in Rio Grande City, regardless of who wins the coin toss. This is the real reason the Sinton-Zapata game is being played in Larado. Under the terms of the Cultural Agreement currently in effect, all games played in the play offs by a school located in a town on the border must be played in a town adjacent to the Texas/Mexican Border. Because of the Mexican water defecit negotiations taking place in Monterrey, Mexico, the Culture Agreement has become even more important to the wellfare of our two countries.I think I read about this. eek! eek!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-20-2003, 12:02 AM
Hope Sinton(if we win)doesnt play against burnet in any turf stadium or dome. Let them play in a muddy field with standing water! how bout Buc Stadium and let it rain. :D

Old Dog
11-20-2003, 12:45 AM
Sinton by 19 points at least!

Old Dog
11-20-2003, 12:46 AM
Sinton by 19 points at least!

sinton66
11-20-2003, 08:29 AM
olddog73:

olddog73:

Burnet Dawg06:

BHS#1:

olddog73:

BHS#1:
Why would Sinton and Burnet play in Laredo? They are playing Zapata there this weekend. Where are we going to go if Zapata wins?I heard that if Zapata wins we will play in Rio Grande City.Where is Rio Grande City?I would think it would be somewhere on the border, but what do I know? I'm too lazy to go look at a map...Rio Grande City is between Roma and La Grulla. I heard that because of the International Cultural Agreement that is currently in affect between Texas and Mexico, that if Zapata wins their game with Sinton, the winner of the Wharton- Burnet game will be required to play Zapata in Rio Grande City, regardless of who wins the coin toss. This is the reason the Sinton-Zapata game is being played in Larado. Under the terms of the Cultural Agreement currently in effect, all games played in the play offs by a school located in a town on the border must be played in a town adjacent to the Texas/Mexican Border. Because of the Mexican water defecit negotiations taking place in Monterrey, Mexico, the Culture Agreement has become even more important to the wellfare of our two countries.Pretty sure this isn't true. Sinton and Zapata both wanted to play in Alice, but Port Isabel and Hondo already had it booked. They flipped for home and home, and we lost the flip. If Sinton had won, we would have played in Sinton. We lost the toss though, and Zapata chose Laredo.

I assume something similar happened last year when we played you guys in San Marcos. We most likely wanted Victoria. Usually when a team loses a coin toss, it carries a precondition that if you meet in the playoffs again the next year, the loser of that toss gets their choice. Since we played in San Marcos last year, I think it will be Sinton's choice this year, which will most likely mean Victoria again. I could be wrong, San Marcos may have been a mutual agreement, but I don't think so.

olddog73
11-20-2003, 09:48 AM
eek! wink eek! wink eek! wink eek! wink

BHS#1
11-20-2003, 10:52 AM
According to Yahoo.com Rio Grande City is 358 miles and an 8 hour drive!!!!

olddog73
11-20-2003, 06:54 PM
BHS#1:
According to Yahoo.com Rio Grande City is 358 miles and an 8 hour drive!!!!Then you have to drive another 1 hour to stay in McAllen. They used to have a saying in Rio Grande City, "Dont let the sun set on you in Rio Grande City if you are a Gringo", and they ment it.

dawg03
11-20-2003, 07:02 PM
I hope Burnet plays at the dome! That wouod be awesome, but by the way all of you are talking it is very unlikely!

dawg03
11-20-2003, 07:02 PM
would

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2003, 10:30 PM
SintonFan_inAustin:
Hope Sinton(if we win)doesnt play against burnet in any turf stadium or dome. Let them play in a muddy field with standing water! how bout Buc Stadium and let it rain. :D Wow! sorry if my wish caused so much hatred toward sinton's coaches and administration. Was just hoping for a better chance for the pirates to pull of a big upset :D :D Good Luck to both Teams around this time last week we were all friends on this board.

olddog73
11-24-2003, 10:34 PM
SintonFan_inAustin:

SintonFan_inAustin:
Hope Sinton(if we win)doesnt play against burnet in any turf stadium or dome. Let them play in a muddy field with standing water! how bout Buc Stadium and let it rain. :D Wow! sorry if my wish caused so much hatred toward sinton's coaches and administration. Was just hoping for a better chance for the pirates to pull of a big upset :D :D Good Luck to both Teams around this time last week we were all friends on this board.And many of us still are!

bulldogman
11-24-2003, 10:42 PM
No hatred for anyone. Just a touch of bitterness. I am sure it will all go away friday afternoon though when the dawgs bring home that trophy.

BHS#1
11-24-2003, 10:53 PM
SintonFan_inAustin:

SintonFan_inAustin:
Hope Sinton(if we win)doesnt play against burnet in any turf stadium or dome. Let them play in a muddy field with standing water! how bout Buc Stadium and let it rain. :D Wow! sorry if my wish caused so much hatred toward sinton's coaches and administration. Was just hoping for a better chance for the pirates to pull of a big upset :D :D Good Luck to both Teams around this time last week we were all friends on this board.Did you know something we didn't know!!! Ha Ha Ha