PDA

View Full Version : MARLIN VS PORT ISABEL GAME PREDICTIONS ONLY.

MARLINFAN
12-10-2003, 10:33 AM
THEIR ARE A LOT OF POST OUT THERE WITH JUST ARUGURING. CAN WE GET A POST ABOUT THE GAME PLEASE. PREDICTIONS ONLY. MARLIN 35 PORT ISABEL 21. I DONT BELIEVE A TEAM WITH JUST A RUNNING GAME CAN BEAT MARLIN. I SAW PORT ISABEL AGANIST RICE AND THEY THREW 8 TO 9 TEAMS IN THE BOX TO STOP THE RUN. PORT ISABEL MAY HAVE A RUNNING GAME BUT THAT IS WHERE THE MARLIN D IS STRONGEST AT STOPPING THE RUN. THEIR HAS NOT BEEN A 100 YARD RUSHER ON THIS D ALL YR.

footballgal
12-10-2003, 10:59 AM
No predictions will come out me; I will let the boys playing make the final score. All I can say is that the Tarpons will play hard for 48 min. and hopefully it will be enough to come out with the W. I do have to touch on one thing you mentioned, about PI not having a passing game. PI can and will pass , like I previously mentioned in a post made last week when someone said the same thing, before the Rice/PI game. We can and will pass if we have to, but the run is working, so we haven’t had to pass that much. Like the old saying goes, “Why fix something that isn’t broke”. But if Marlin does slow down or stop the run, you will see the Tarpons pass the ball and might mix up a little of both too keep the ball moving. ALL of the backs have excellent hands and can not only run the ball, but also catch the ball well, not to mention the receivers. Matter of fact one of the two primary backs #21 Missile Iracheta, was switch two weeks into this season from WR to RB. In addition we have our middle linebacker, who most recently has also played a little offense and has been making catches of his own, BTW, nice job Frankie!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-10-2003, 11:21 AM
One thing you Marlin posters need to know is that us Port Isabel Tarpons fans aren't into making predictions. We let our boys do it on the field.

But if y'all want to keep on making bold predictions about how badly Marlin is going to kick Port Isabel's butt, then be our guest. It just means more bulletin board material for our boys to get fired up with.

fmsc64
12-10-2003, 11:51 AM
:) As a #1 Marlin fan I too don't predict scores, weather or men, all can prove you wrong. Let the Best of the Best play and may the Best do their Best, have a safe game for both teams and all the fans that travel to and from the game do so safely. When the game is over may the Best of the Best win and if the Good Lord blesses the Best may it be Purple and Gold Bulldogs. wink Until then both teams are wished good luck, practice hard, sleep lots and think only positive thoughts. Oh yes, eat lots of good food too. :D
Both teams have to be good and have excellent players are you would not have made it this far. "It isn't where you start out, it is where you end up that counts!" :cool:

tarponpride55
12-10-2003, 12:13 PM
tarpons i hope yall play with heart this saturday and show them bullpuppies the seawall defence and good lucl to #21, #33, #69, #14, #79, #32, and all the boys GO TARPONS

GO BIG BLUE! ALL THE WAY TO STATE!!!

tarponpride55
12-10-2003, 12:15 PM
I dont yall bullpuuies fan should "PREDICTIONS SCORES" already just let the boys handle their own scores and then when the game is over then u can put up the score ok but for now JUST CHILL YALL!!!!! PEACE OUT GO TARPONS!!!!!!

tarponpride55
12-10-2003, 12:15 PM
I dont yall bullpuuies fan should "PREDICTIONS SCORES" already just let the boys handle their own scores and then when the game is over then u can put up the score ok but for now JUST CHILL YALL!!!!! PEACE OUT GO TARPONS!!!!!!

afflac65
12-10-2003, 12:53 PM
port isabel--21-they seem to be lucky at the right time.
marlin-------17

footballgal
12-10-2003, 01:08 PM
afflac65:
port isabel--21-they seem to be lucky at the right time.
marlin-------17OH NO!!! I hope this is not an omen eek!

BTW, like I said before there is no such thing as luck you make your own fortune/destiny.

<small>[ December 10, 2003, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: footballgal ]</small>

Bellville22
12-10-2003, 01:45 PM
Know very little about PI, so hard to predict, so this may be a little biased.

Probably not a more athletic team in the state than Marlin. Fastest defense around, but also defend the power run well. As long as the Bulldogs take care of the ball, I think they'll be fine...

Marlin 30
P.I. 13

duckbutter
12-10-2003, 02:35 PM
Marlin by 21

PI-fan
12-10-2003, 07:07 PM
PI by 4.

How does Marlin spread the ball 50/50 run/pass?- 60/40? I know PI players are studying u guys but us PI fans don't know too much about Marlin's Offense, so far i've heard they're talented and quick on Defense. Oh, and Marlin has a soph qb?- so did someone get hurt or did he start off the year as the primary qb?

<small>[ December 10, 2003, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: PI-fan ]</small>

m-square4life
12-10-2003, 09:04 PM
Hey Tarponpride55 if im not mistaken i just read your post where u called us "bullpuppies", that is hilarious. I hope you kno that members of our team saw that and they are not too happy so you might want to lay low because you're just hurting your team more.Now to your little "bullpuppies" comment i promise you that you will see the "BIG DOGS" take the field Sat. night and you better believe they are hungry.........you know what I like it when people from other teams make little smart comments it just fires us up!!!!!(LaGrange had jokes too and you see what happened to them)

DON'T MESS WITH MB !!!

Marlin Bulldogs all the way to State!!!!!

MarlinAluminOhio
12-10-2003, 09:31 PM
This is a reply message for PI-fan.

The sophomore quarterback has started all year. Actually, we weren't predicated to get out of our district this year. It was supposed to be a rebuilding year, because of the qb position and a couple of other senior positions who graduated.

Here is an interesting link for the football fan. It is that stats page from the Waco Tribune Herald newspaper containing all of the stats up through week 11 for all the teams in Marlin's area:

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/content/shared/sports/preps/tx/waco/Indiv3A.html#PASS

Oh and my predication is:

Marlin 28
PI 24

husker_football_fan
12-10-2003, 09:39 PM
Marlin will be better prepared for the run, mainly the option than Rice was. If you stop option right/option left you can shut PI down. Marlin played conservative against Bellville but has the wepons to open it up.

14 to 14 at the half

Marlin 28-21 over PI after Marlin ajust to stop the fullback and forces the pass in the second half.

Football GOD
12-10-2003, 09:42 PM
SSShhhhh.........
&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;...............&lt;:--//////..&gt;&gt;&gt;~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt; :(&gt;&gt;---- ^ ^^^^^:&gt;&lt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&lt; :) )))))

Tarpon2004
12-10-2003, 09:49 PM
They may be prepared for the run but that does not mean they are going to be able to stop it...maybe they will maybe they wont...and I think the REAL question is...WILL MARLIN BE READY FOR THE PASS...haha..u never know what we're gonna do..good luck to Malin Bulldogs...tell your players they shouldnt be worrying about reading senseless posts...im hoping for a good game....PEACE

PI-fan
12-10-2003, 11:13 PM
Thx for the link MarlinAluminOhio.

So PI has to put the pressure on your young qb :)
as he's responsible for about 1/3 of Marlin's yards by passing/rushing; the link has him with a 17 avg on passes(deep balls? or big runs after the catch?),
Richardson should be next(10.3 avg/rush nice, 21+ on receving)... he prob. accounts for another 1/3 with rushing,receiving and special teams. Look out for Tank on short yardage? wink

Not many INTs though, which is good for PI, Marlin has one guy with 3 the next player with 1 int,
PI has like three guys with at least 3 each. eek!

Bandera YaYa
12-11-2003, 12:57 AM
I project that Marlin will win by 8 points.....good luck to both teams!

Ed Francois
12-11-2003, 02:01 AM
Once again you forget about fundamental football.
You can be assured of one thing PI will be ready for the run. Every one and their grandmas run the ball in the RGV, from the veer to the power I, the tradional power houses in the valley run the ball. The only teams that have consistently thrown in years past are Harlingen (cardinals) and Mission (eagles) both 5A, and PI plays neither. The valley teams can stop or slow down the run. We in 94 sent Cuero Packing after shutting down a consistent and high caliber running attack, but lost to a well rounded Sealy passing attack. Valley teams have trouble when it comes to stopping the pass. That’s because they don't face teams that can do damage thru their air force, the last team that PI played that gave them a run for their money in district was Rio Hondo, back in 93.They had a QB named Victor Sauceda and he passed for over 1,000yds.Defending the pass has been an issue for PI since I can remember. We lost to Marble falls in 92 because of their passing game. Believe me it won't be a walk in the park for Marlins running attack. I believe the game comes down to a very important variable.
The team with the least mistakes wins {turnovers}.
While many of you may be looking to talent to win this game, I look for the fundamentals of the gridiron. Tackling, Blocking, Running, and last but not least special teams. Where you start your drive makes a big difference. An upset is not impossible but considering what is at stake look for a night of fireworks from both sides. I’m sure that both coaches are wide awake thru the night and working long hours to exploit each others weakness. Size will only come to play in the fourth quarter. The team with the players in shape has the advantage in the latter part of the game, trust me at this level it’s not for the faint hearted. Marlin has to be able to slow down the nexus of the offense and that is the fullback. As a coach and player I’ve learned that the heart of the option is at the fullback if the fullback can't go, it becomes very difficult to option the ball, try all you want but it won't work. Marlin will be faced with the task of stopping big plays. PI's offense thrives on big plays for momentum. In football if you give up the big plays like Rice did you give up momentum. Marlin is going to have their hands full, these kids are going to let it all out on the field. Herrera, PI's middle backer and stud will have to have the game of his life against Tank Smith. If you ever heard of this old saying" Don't believe the Hype”. You’ll know where I'm going with this. I can't afford to get caught up in the HYPE. As Coach V. would say "FOCUS”. The underdog of this game really is Marlin not PI.PI is looking to make history, and like I said before, the road to state comes through PI and has in many occasions and it continues to be that way. The team that deserves to win, is the team that is well rounded not one dimensional. What both teams did in district and recent games has no affect to the outcome of the game. Here are the keys for success on both sides of the ball.

Marlin(offense)
1.Run the ball well on a very stingy run defense.
2.Pass the ball to create opportunities for Tank Smith
3.Turnovers,the biggest factor in this game, limit your mistakes. PI will definitely exploit them.

Port Isabel(offense)
1.Establish the fullback, very important factor to get Iracheta going, I doubt he will be able to run free this game.
2.PI's passing game will have to make good of every pass thrown. Receivers will have to play at all time high.
3.Last but not least, Mistakes PI can't afford them.

Marlin(Defense)
1.Can't not allow Iracheta to get loose in the secondary, if he does look to spring practice next year. Can not let Nieto wear the middle backers down. The Qb does not pose a threat. Nevertheless don't be surprised with a sneak passing attack.
2.Special teams a game of field position. Can’t afford to let Iracheta run loose on you or its all over.

Port Isabel(Defense)
1.Stop Tank Smith, not slow him down but STOP HIM!!!!. His numbers show that he is an excellent back. Herrera will show his true colors in this match up this is by far the best back they have faced all season long. Reminds me of one of the many Great RB's we faced in "94".
2.Corners will have to have the game of their life, the buck stops here Marlins passing game is second to none look at their district numbers.Qb has passed for more than 1,000yds.Corners will have to play sound football Pass first,run support second.
3.PI will have to be at its best on special teams.
They will have to pin Marlin deep and use the field as their 12th man and the crowd as the 13th.No room to get beat anywhere on defense we can't afford it.

Final notes.
Defense win championships not Hype. Believe all you want, talk is cheap, what matters now is whose head gear has the loudest mouth. Its exam time for PI's defense. No freebies at this level. The team with the best Defense and least amount of mistakes wins .Don't spec any overtimes just a shellacking of either team.
Go big blue!!! Play Sound football

<small>[ December 11, 2003, 01:09 AM: Message edited by: Ed Francois ]</small>

Wildcat81
12-11-2003, 06:36 AM
No predictions here that will be decided when the
final whistle blows.May each team play to thier
best ability.

tarponpride55
12-11-2003, 11:55 AM
JUST WANNA WISH ALL THE TARPON GUYS AND MAY YALL PLAY A HICK OF A GAMR SO GO BLUE AND SEE THE BULLDOGS WHAT YALL GOT LUV YA BLUE!!!!
GO TARPONS!!!! SENIORS 2004!!! :p

tarponpride55
12-11-2003, 11:59 AM
m-square4life
DONT MY "LITTLE COMMENT" BOTHER U IF U THINK U GUYS ARE GONNA WIN SO JUST CHILL AND WATCH THE SHOW CAUSE I KNOW WE'RE TAKING THE SHOW SO I GUESS ALL U HAVE TO DO IS TAKE THE POPCORN AND SIT UR ASS DOWN!!! :p

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-11-2003, 12:05 PM
tarponpride55:
m-square4life
DONT MY "LITTLE COMMENT" BOTHER U IF U THINK U GUYS ARE GONNA WIN SO JUST CHILL AND WATCH THE SHOW CAUSE I KNOW WE'RE TAKING THE SHOW SO I GUESS ALL U HAVE TO DO IS TAKE THE POPCORN AND SIT UR ASS DOWN!!! :p AHEM, Tarponpride55......what did I say about lowering yourself to their level??? Hmm???

Oh yeah, lay off the curse words, that'll get you banned instantly.