View Full Version : Final Score: Bridge City/Hardin

exbccards76'smom
10-18-2003, 12:06 AM
Bridge City 46
Hardin 0

3ABirdMan
10-18-2003, 12:24 AM
Total Domination!

Hardin wins toss, receives kick, gets 1 1st down, gets punt blocked, BC 6-0! Hardin receives kick, fumbles in series. BC runs 2 offensive plays, and the score is 12-0 (our place kicker is pushing right for the second week in a row!). Dwonhill from there for Hardin.

46-0 final, with 3 missed extra points, and 3 knees with 1:45 left in the 4th, ball on the 12 yd line.

NO clean jerseys on the sideline - EVERYONE got action tonight!

Good job, Cards! Keep it rolling!

3AFTNUT
10-18-2003, 12:27 AM
why to go BC

hsffan
10-18-2003, 12:44 AM
congrads to BC Where was the game BC or Hardin. BC sounds like you could score whenever. Did yall mix run and pass or just run it down there throats

the-O-fence
10-18-2003, 01:29 AM
Who was the guy that predicted that Hardin would win??? He said Hardin was way underrated and they would be able to beat BC?

the-O-fence
10-18-2003, 01:34 AM
I read Anahuac beat Hardin Jefferson 29-21. Looks like its a 3-way right now in 21-AAA.

Old Cardinal
10-18-2003, 05:08 PM
It was 19-0 and they started subbing players in heavy- at just 8 and 1/2 minutes into the ballgame. I hope for Hardin's sake they somehow end up in 2A again, there is just too much difference in the enrollments to make it anywhere fair. Cody Sparks had quite a night. BC had a good balanced attack and they are finally starting to look experienced since the Sophomores have a half season under their belts.

3ABirdMan
10-19-2003, 02:39 PM
BC mixed a little pass in the game plan Friday night. Nothing too fancy, but more passing than usual in non-passing situations. Stats don't show alot of offense because the Defense scored ?twice?.

I was glad to see BC's pass defense - It looked ALOT better. Coverages were tighter, D-Backs made plays on the reception instead of "wait til he catches it and runs 5 yds before I try to hit him".

Coach Tarver, you reading this board? I must admit I have questioned the aggressiveness of our offensive and defensive game plans, at times, but this game was totally different. The coaches didn't hold back. They made alot of substitutions early, but didn't let up. I have seen them "try not to lose" instead of "assuring the win", and I liked this aggressive game plan better.

SintonFan
10-19-2003, 02:48 PM
Congratulations Bridge City. I'm pulling for you guys.

bccards
10-19-2003, 04:07 PM
Hardin has a female PA announcer. She did much better than most of the male announcer's i've heard in 3A! and she pronounced all the coonass names right, unlike some other schools announcers(Orangefield, Newton, etc.) lol.

exbccards76'smom
10-19-2003, 08:37 PM
I liked them playing music over the P.A. before the game started. Especially "Another one bites the dust" by Queen. That seems to pump everyone up. Why can't they play music like that at B.C.? I think that would help pump the guys up some.

bccards
10-19-2003, 10:06 PM
haha we don't have the sound system capable of playing music that sounds good, Hardin has an awesome setup with those professional speakers, and end zone clocks! Talk about pretty state of the art for what should be a 2A School. Besides, the BC administration don't allow for anything fun.

BIGRED001
10-19-2003, 10:18 PM
the-O-fence:
Who was the guy that predicted that Hardin would win??? He said Hardin was way underrated and they would be able to beat BC?I can't remember the guys name, but boy he did talk alot about Hardin beating BC. Bridge City rolled on them 42-0, and now 46-0. I am sure they got some good kids over at Hardin, but when your definently the underdog, it doesn't do you too good to talk alot of smack.

exbccards76'smom
10-20-2003, 05:19 AM
bccards:
haha we don't have the sound system capable of playing music that sounds good, Hardin has an awesome setup with those professional speakers, and end zone clocks! Talk about pretty state of the art for what should be a 2A School. Besides, the BC administration don't allow for anything fun.I thought we had a new sound system now. BC adminstration needs to lighten up a bit. If I remember correctly, Newton played music before the ballgame started too. Come on, let's have a little fun.