PDA

View Full Version : IN HONOR OF HALLOWEEN

pirate4state
10-30-2003, 03:02 PM
What is the scariest movie you've ever seen and why did it scare you??

(just remember, i'm a girl) wink
The first time I remember being scared of a movie was Stephen King's Silver Bullet. I was 13 & was watching it at a cousins house & we lived out in the country. The movie itself wasn't too scary, but when it was over & we (me & my little brother) had to go home it was dark out & we were on our bikes & I had the creepiest feeling getting home. At the time there were woods all around our street & it was creepy quiet & I just knew a werewolf was gonna jump out & eat us---it still gives me the willies thinking about it. http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sprachlos/speechless-smiley-006.gif

I think the first movie that actually made me jump was Poltergist in the scene with that clown!! Never looked at clowns the same again.

Ranger Mom
10-30-2003, 03:23 PM
Mine would have to be the Exorcist.....it still gives me the creeps to this day!

The scariest book I have ever read is Stephen King's "Pet Sematary"!!

I am a big Stephen King, John Saul & Dean Koontz fan, but I wouldn't even read Pet Sematary unless my husband was in the room with me!!

SintonFan
10-30-2003, 03:24 PM
Hehe...
The Evil Dead. I watched it for the first time at Taco Tech(Bee County College) during a summer program over there. It was pitch dark and I was 14 and out of the house for the first time on my own. Creepy!
The Amityville Horror scared the crap out of me. I was young and that night one of my brothers decided to turn on a radio control R2D2 in the box. Around 3 in the morn I awoke to these strange sounds and a red light coming from a box next to my bed. Sheet went over my head and I just freaked. Too scared to do anything about it I I just froze. I can laugh about it now but was that scary!
Watching the Prince of Darkness in the theatre was kinda intense as a young teen.

SintonFan
10-30-2003, 03:27 PM
Ranger Mom:

The scariest book I have ever read is Stephen King's "Pet Sematary"!!
That was a scary book! I had nightmares from reading it. Almost didn't finish it. http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sprachlos/speechless-smiley-012.gif

therealbulldogs
10-30-2003, 03:30 PM
IT! I was probably 4 or 5 when I first saw it and it's the only movie that has ever scared me. I like to watch it again because I still get the same feelings I used to go when I was little.

CowboyFan
10-30-2003, 03:30 PM
Um, when I was like 8 I saw It, Child's Play, and another movie, I don't remember the name of it, I just remember after midnight, closets and mirrors became portals into another relm, and these huge monsters came out the closets, after seeing these I could no longer step on my floor at night if the lights were turned off I would bounce to the door and open it really fast if I need nething...

After Child's Play, I couldn't play with any of my dolls anymore, um, I blame my cousin who was 16 at the time we watched these...And It, I'll never see clowns in the same way...

<small>[ October 30, 2003, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: CowboyFan ]</small>

therealbulldogs
10-30-2003, 03:34 PM
Sounds like Stephen King has scared the crap out of a lot of little kids! I was watching America's Funniest Home Videos and saw the funniest video clip ever. This family watched the Texas Chainsaw Massacre and after the kids went to sleep dad went into the room with a mask on and turned on the chainsaw while the kids were sleeping. That may have been the funniest thing I've ever seen!

pirate4state
10-30-2003, 03:37 PM
therealbulldogs:
Sounds like Stephen King has scared the crap out of a lot of little kids! I was watching America's Funniest Home Videos and saw the funniest video clip ever. This family watched the Texas Chainsaw Massacre and after the kids went to sleep dad went into the room with a mask on and turned on the chainsaw while the kids were sleeping. That may have been the funniest thing I've ever seen!OMG--I don't know whether thats funny or sad. My first instinct was laughter b/c I love dark humor, but how old were these kids!! Yikes--I'd have wet my pj's! eek!

<small>[ October 30, 2003, 02:38 PM: Message edited by: pirate4state ]</small>

Phil C
10-30-2003, 03:43 PM
I don't know if it was that scary but several of us left the theatre shook up and that was after watching the movie "The Devil's Bride." You can rent it from some video stores and it is shown on TCM once in a while. An alternate title is called "The Devil's Ride Out." This movie came out about four years before The Exorcist and actually had started production and was released before Rosemary's Baby. It starred Christopher Lee who played the good guy in this movie for a change of pace.

SintonFan
10-30-2003, 03:44 PM
RangerMom, did you ever read "Swan Song" by Dean Koontz? That kept me up at night, especially since the cold war was still on.
p4s, after looking at the Taco Tech mention, I want to clarify why we called it that. It was the cheapest(price wise, ala Taco Bell) education in the area, and wasn't meant to be a slur of any sort.

pirate4state
10-30-2003, 03:46 PM
SintonFan:
p4s, after looking at the Taco Tech mention, I want to clarify why we called it that. It was the cheapest(price wise, ala Taco Bell) education in the area, and wasn't meant to be a slur of any sort.O-K-A-Y...if you knew me a little better, you'd know I could give a hoot!! Give me a sec & check your PM.

SintonFan
10-30-2003, 03:49 PM
Thinking about the Callalen incident. Remember? wink

20dawgz05
10-30-2003, 09:10 PM
i would have to say stephen kings IT im so scared of clowns now!!! there was one at our annual bluebonnet fest that was walkin by the band and i got out of line and went on the other side i hate them!!! CLOWNS ARE EVIL!!!!!

pirateman98
10-30-2003, 09:19 PM
The two most scariest movies to me when I was a child were, "Nightmare on Elm St." and "Friday the 13th", part one. Those scared the S*$@ out of me. Now that I am older and watched them again the did really do nothing to me. Now that I think of it, "Poltergist" and "Exorcist" were really scary as well.

pirate4state
10-30-2003, 11:20 PM
ttt

PPHSfan
10-31-2003, 01:32 AM
The scariest movie I ever saw by far was the exorcist. Of course I saw it at the movies when it was a new show, and if you are old enough to have seen it then, it is probably the scariest movie you ever saw too.

The scariest book I have ever read was the cat in the hat. That Dr. Suess is one twisted fellow.

SintonFan
10-31-2003, 03:33 AM
PPHSfan:
The scariest book I have ever read was the cat in the hat. That Dr. Suess is one twisted fellow.Hehe, it scared me when I was young too. Can't wait for the movie to come out soon. eek!

Wildcat81
10-31-2003, 04:02 AM
Scariest was Friday the 13th and Jaws when that head popped out of that boat.A woman was sitting by my brother, boy when that head popped out, she
scream grabed my brother arm and wouldn't let go.

http://www.jamnart.com/art-intro/mascots/thumbnails/Wildcats.jpg

sinfan75
10-31-2003, 05:27 AM
No doubt "The Exorcist".That movie had me shook up for long time.I can watch it now and it don't bother me.But that first time was doozy.