PDA

View Full Version : La Grange 35-Crystal City 3

Pudlugger
09-21-2002, 09:02 PM
Great defensive effort by La Grange scoring 2 safeties and a touchdown and holding Crystal City to 2 first downs. Josh Johnson #22 had a great debut scouping up a fumble and running 46 yards down the sidelines for a score, plus many excellent hits for big stops. Byron Hayes #74 just pounded the opposition making more than a dozen tackles most behind the line of scrimmage totally owning the inside along with DT #44 Mckenzie. The offense got moving with three tds by #33 Cody Wilson (a fast and elusive tailback who reminds me of Lawrence Dobbins) who had more than 100 yards rushing. Fullback Greg Boothe had another 100+ yard day and Schramm had a beautiful pass reception td called back for holding in the 2nd quarter. Finally, kicker Kevin Seifert played big in punting to place the Javalinas in the hole twice early on leading to 2 safeties. He hit a 29 yard field goal and was 4 for 4 on extra points. He put one punt so high in the 'Dome that it was in the rafters! Way to represent, Kevin!

[This message has been edited by Pudlugger (edited September 23, 2002).]

spaniard
09-21-2002, 09:06 PM
congrats pud, i figured johnson would play well if allowed to play. you guys sound pretty dang solid right now. good luck on the rest of the season.

------------------
<><

[This message has been edited by spaniard (edited September 21, 2002).]

Chris Hart
09-21-2002, 09:12 PM
Congratulations on the win Pudlugger, I am also glad to hear Johnson played a good game.I knew he would.

------------------
Big Green Dawg

halliegirl
09-22-2002, 08:17 PM
congrats to La Grange on the win! I am sure everyone contributed on the win but I can help but say....SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THEY LET MY BOY JOSH PLAY!!!! For sure...way to go Leps!!! Keep it up!!

Pudlugger
09-23-2002, 10:13 PM
I edited the above post for some errors. I believe it is accurate now. Great game La Grange, now it is time to prepare for Hempstead. They are 2-2 beating a 4A school, Montgomery, and 2A Brookshire. It is never easy to play Hempstead in their own back yard so keep the pressure on. Good luck and go Leps.

Swarm 51
09-23-2002, 10:41 PM
Pudlugger, there was not doubt in my mind the Leopards would overcome in a big way. Congratulations. And to Spaniard & Chris Hart, belated congrats. to the Burnet Dawgs against Midland Christian. Isn't Marlin on the docket for Burnet this week? All of you keep your fingers and toes crossed for Gatesville Friday night. Open our district with Hillsboro. Since we were open last week the varsity coaches scouted them at
Wilmer-Hutchins. The Eagles are now using a sophomore Q/B who is the younger brother of their bruising fullback, Massey. Understand this young Q/B has speed to burn. Scored 2
TD's the first two times he touched the ball.
But, I have faith in the Hornet's defense. Good luck to all of you.

Chris Hart
09-23-2002, 10:54 PM
Thank you Swarm51, and good luck to the Hornets also.I think you guys will contain Hillsboro and grind out another victory.

spaniard
09-24-2002, 12:00 AM
hey swarm, you guys play like you did against us, putting up those kinds of offensive numbers, and you should have no problem gettin another "W".

------------------
&lt;&gt;&lt;