PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks Sweetwater is gonna beat Wylie this year?

KingApe5
07-26-2001, 12:58 PM
I think it will be a fairly exciting game, but all it comes down to is Sweetwater's few individual athletes against Wylie's team. Sweetwater will get handled. I think everyone will agree with that statement other than the mustangs. Sweetwater has a few good players so they think they're gonna beat Wylie all of the sudden, get real.

eye of the tiger
07-26-2001, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by KingApe5:
I think it will be a fairly exciting game, but all it comes down to is Sweetwater's few individual athletes against Wylie's team. Sweetwater will get handled. I think everyone will agree with that statement other than the mustangs. Sweetwater has a few good players so they think they're gonna beat Wylie all of the sudden, get real.
They dont play until oct 26. lots can happen in that time span. if both stay healthy i think it will come down to has Wylie matured the way most think they will. if they do i think Wylie should have the edge. it should be an outstanding game.

superman
07-26-2001, 07:34 PM
wylie no doubt
35-7
01 year of the dogs

mustang02
07-27-2001, 02:32 PM
I never said we were going to beat WYLIE and i never will say that i am just saying everyone is counting us out before they even see us play.They are going back to last year and seeing our scores and thinking it will be the same way.I will NEVER say we will beat Wylie becuase it is a really hard job to accomplish.

hsguru
07-28-2001, 07:49 PM
The tailback that they are moving up from last years jv is going to be a good one. The thing that makes me discount Sweetwater is their QB. Of course I only saw one ganme tha they played, but he didnt make plays. He is too small to see over the line of scrimmage, and is too quick to tuck the ball away and run. Of course he had Swanson, Black, and Clay ripping his head off every other play. The other observation i have made about Sweetwater is that they have a lack of athletes. For instance at the district track meet there was not a single mustang that stood out in any events.

left2soon
07-29-2001, 11:55 AM
really now..who cares?? you play your little football out there in the dust.

mustang02
07-29-2001, 12:34 PM
ARE YOU SAYING THAT OUR QB can't make plays well last year WYLIE's QB did not make a play either against us we shut him down we had 3 interceptions on him which yall had 1 on us.It was RUTH and UNGER and everyone else that hurt us not ENSOR he did not even try to run the ball.Yeah our JV running back he is better than good he can leave you standing there and he can be down the field while you are trying to figure out where he went because you just got smoked.And we have more athletes on this team than you know.The team is full of athletes they just are not big names like ENSOR,RUTh and some other big names yall have coming back

hsguru
07-29-2001, 12:52 PM
Our JV did a pretty good job holding down the running back last year. As a matter of fact our jv tailback had 4 touchdowns against yall. That was a poorly officiated game also. Bad calls hurt both teams.
As far as your ignorant ass comment about Ensor not making plays, who has the biggest up-side as a QB? If you say yalls im gonna puke. Ensor is not a running qb never has been. Hes a pocket passer. He doesnt have to make plays on his own. The Sweetwater Qb had to because he had no one else that could play.

mustang02
07-29-2001, 02:37 PM
Our QB had all the players he had the best all around player in the state to throw to in Ricky Wilson.Yeah our QB is a running QB and pocket passer he can hurt you both ways unlike ensor who can only hurt you passing.

rambo
07-29-2001, 05:00 PM
if stats are correct carrillo scored 6 rushing td's last year when ensor scored 7 rushing td's in an offense that is not set up for him to run!!!! may i also add ensor averaged 3.5 yards rushing against sweetwater when carrillo averaged 3.3 yards rushing in the same game!!! so it looks to me like ensor can hurt you just as much as carrillo can on the ground!!!

state champs 01!!!!

mustang02
07-29-2001, 05:58 PM
ooohhhhhhhhh a whole .2 yards more man that is alot.Well enough about it.i for one and i think nearly everyone in the state are going to be watching the game.Yeah last year was a big game but this year it will be an even bigger game.And i know the Bowl will be packed full of Wylie's fans because they follow the team really good and the other half will be full of Sweetwater fans and there will be abunch of people there that have drove a distance to see it so it will be another big game for us two but it will not be a big disappointment like it was last year.

hsguru
07-29-2001, 06:16 PM
Carrillo cant even so over the line of scrimmage.. give him 4 more inches and he might be effective.

hsguru
07-29-2001, 06:17 PM
If you really think Wilson was the best palyer in the state you need to get off the crack pipe.

mustang02
07-29-2001, 06:51 PM
i did not say he was the best player in state.there were abunch of better players than him.I mean if you can not understand the words that are coming out of my mouth why come on here and talk.i said he was one of the best all around players in the state that does not equal HE IS THE BEST.And yeah He might to grew a couple of inches but although he is short he can hurt other teams he has done it last year when he did not know what he was doing but now he is matured and you will see this year he can hurt teams.

fanofthegame
07-30-2001, 01:32 AM
ensor is a 3 year starter, now he has matured to a different level. carrillo is a 5 foot lil rat. He pulls down the ball too quickly before he can even make a decision. the only reason why we didnt pick off as many passes is bc the only thing carrillo does is run the dang ball. that runningback from jv, come on it was jv he maybe good but it was just jv. When he plays wylie they will welcome him to varsity.

Jacket2000
07-30-2001, 02:25 AM
Just curious, but what's your excuse for barely squeaking by a very sub-standard Ballinger team, 7-0?
This should be interesting.

hsguru
07-30-2001, 07:09 AM
Those Ballinger kids came ready to play. Hard-hitters. There is no excuse really. What was the excuse when yall lost to Brownwood? Go juice a little more there jacketboy.

Mustang... your exact words were that Ricky Wilson was the best player in the state.. here i'll paste it on here for ya....

mustang02 Our QB had all the players he had the best all around player in the state to throw to in Ricky Wilson.Yeah our QB is a running QB and pocket passer he can hurt you both ways unlike ensor who can only hurt you passing.

Jacket2000
07-30-2001, 10:39 AM
<sigh> Ok, first off, the last time S'ville lost to Brownwood was in '98 by less than a touchdown, and B'wood still went three rounds deep. So, there's no shame in losing that game. (of course S'ville won their 3rd state title of the decade that year and I have yet to see Wylie win won.) Second, I'M NOT FROM STEPHENVILLE!!!! So, before you try to thrash me with your knowledge, or lack there of, get your facts straight.
J2K

mustang02
07-30-2001, 12:27 PM
Yeah i see that now i meant to say he was ONE of the best not the best.Thats my mistake.Wylie will welcome him to Varsity well yeah that is if you can tackle him.ha ha ha

hsguru
07-30-2001, 05:23 PM
Jacket... do your homework sniffing my ass you puss. Get a job, find a hobby, do something besides worry about a game that doesnt concern you.

Jacket2000
07-30-2001, 11:44 PM
Great comeback!!! In 5 hours, the best you could come up with is a grammaticaly incorrect sentence that has absolutely nothing to do with the matter at hand and simply hurls childish insults. If you're wanting a battle of wits, you're bringing a knife to a gunfight my friend.
J2K

superman
08-04-2001, 09:50 PM
wylie is looking forward to 10 regular season games one at a time, sweetwater has one game they are looking to ABILENE WYLIE, sweetwater is nothing special just another team on the schedule. as for the jv running back from sweetwater that is so awesome, all i know as that i wouldnt want to be him when they play wylie.

mustang2003football
08-14-2001, 04:47 PM
OK, i dont know if anyone is still checkin this or not but i just saw this and i had to reply. First of all this tailback we pulled up from jvs name is Cedrick Reed. I played JV last year on the offensive line against the wylie game. They had nothing special defensive wise and i easily held my block each play however our starting center had a knee injury that game and it turns out our second string center was not nearly as strong and your noseguard caught Ced in the backfield before he could take a step. Even still i do believe the first play of the game Cedrick ran a 90 yard touchdown. Now as for this year, our offensive line is extremely stong with Brian Johnson who was hurt last year returning as well as 1st team all district tackle chad jones who will prolly get 1st team defensive end as well as the tackle position this year. our fullback and tailback combination from last year is back with Jack Squires and thomas Hulin who both have nearly doubled their strength in the weight room over the summer. carrillo i'm not gonna say much about other than the fact that he can run and throw and most importantly rally the troops. we have an excellent crew of wide recievers headed up by senior Robert Henson and junior Jon Eric Mcdonald. However after all this Defense is where we will shine next year and an old saying goes that offense sells tickets while defense wins championships, this is my belief on why wylie did so well last year. Jon Fite is our defensive leader and everyone on the team looks up to him more than anyone. He has an unbelievable crew with him this year leading up that defense and we have changed our defense as well and i ashure u it is for the better. Regardless of how much i say it will all be proved on the field so see yall then.

[This message has been edited by mustang2003football (edited August 14, 2001).]

bearcat1
08-14-2001, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by mustang2003football:
OK, i dont know if anyone is still checkin this or not but i just saw this and i had to reply. First of all this tailback we pulled up from jvs name is Cedrick Reed. I played JV last year on the offensive line against the wylie game. They had nothing special defensive wise and i easily held my block each play however our starting center had a knee injury that game and it turns out our second string center was not nearly as strong and your noseguard caught Ced in the backfield before he could take a step. Even still i do believe the first play of the game Cedrick ran a 90 yard touchdown. Now as for this year, our offensive line is extremely stong with Brian Johnson who was hurt last year returning as well as 1st team all district tackle chad jones who will prolly get 1st team defensive end as well as the tackle position this year. our fullback and tailback combination from last year is back with Jack Squires and thomas Hulin who both have nearly doubled their strength in the weight room over the summer. carrillo i'm not gonna say much about other than the fact that he can run and throw and most importantly rally the troops. we have an excellent crew of wide recievers headed up by senior Robert Henson and junior Jon Eric Mcdonald. However after all this Defense is where we will shine next year and an old saying goes that offense sells tickets while defense wins championships, this is my belief on why wylie did so well last year. Jon Fite is our defensive leader and everyone on the team looks up to him more than anyone. He has an unbelievable crew with him this year leading up that defense and we have changed our defense as well and i ashure u it is for the better. Regardless of how much i say it will all be proved on the field so see yall then.

Thank you very much for the informative post. SO many times people just wanna post a bunch of trash talking, its nice that someone would actually share some real information with the fans! Good Luck.
bc

superman
08-16-2001, 02:08 PM
the way you describe the mustangs i dont think the texas longhorns could play with them.

hsguru
08-18-2001, 12:35 AM
I watched video tape that a not-to-be-named local television cameraman shot in Sweetwater and I honest to God not trying to stir up a fight thought that they had filmed the JV. They were in full pads but It looked like they were going half-speed or something. I wish Sweetwater the best of luck except when they play Wylie. Same with the rest of the district... well except Merkel. I never root for Merkel.

KingApe5
08-18-2001, 11:43 PM
Wylie will welcome Sweetwater's JV runningback to varsity with two broken legs.

superman
08-19-2001, 02:13 AM
nicely said kingape5

bigdawg
08-19-2001, 05:57 PM
I couldn't agree more!!

KingApe5
08-20-2001, 07:58 PM
I think just about everyone in the district would agree with the above statement. In fact, i wouldn't be a bit suprised to see Merkel beat Sweetwater. So if the little ponies from Sweetwater will shut their mouthes it will be a little bit easier to take when Wylie whips their butts all over the field at the "mustang bowl".

bigdawg
08-20-2001, 08:26 PM
When he said we were gonna welcome the jv runningback to varsity level, now that was an elementary student mafia-style threat. LOL
But it was also the plain and simple truth!!

mustang2003football
08-26-2001, 11:40 PM
i'm not tryin to stir up any trouble and i'm not tryin to say anything i was just trying to give u a little information bout us. and to hsguru our jv practices with us and u might have seen a few jv people out there but usually when most of the camera people came it was during our special teams workout and we were taking it kinda slow

MustangFan03
08-29-2001, 10:58 AM
Sweetwater has plenty of good athletes.When you come to the Mustang Bowl this year you will see our tradition posted on our board of Champions.We have won many Dist. championships and have gone far into the playoffs time and time again.You do that with a team concept,which Sweetwater has.This team is being compared with our State Championship team (something that Wylie does not have)by fans and coaches that have seen both and they are of the same quality. And that was in 4a!Last year was a rebuilding process as Sweewater played mainly sophmores and juniors so don't even compare this year to last year.Also mentioned was our QB liked to run too quickly before looking for his reciever, you can pretty much discount that this year because we have switched to the Wishbone offense where he will be running by design and you saw how quick he was, so catch him if you can. I hope Wylie brings their usually
cocky selves to the bowl this year with high expectations because it will hurt that much more when they fall.Wylie can and will be beat,don't think that it can't happen!See ya in the Bowl!!

MustangFan03
08-29-2001, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by rambo:
if stats are correct carrillo scored 6 rushing td's last year when ensor scored 7 rushing td's in an offense that is not set up for him to run!!!! may i also add ensor averaged 3.5 yards rushing against sweetwater when carrillo averaged 3.3 yards rushing in the same game!!! so it looks to me like ensor can hurt you just as much as carrillo can on the ground!!!

state champs 01!!!!

Ask Ballinger who's QB is better,Wylie couldn't even move the ball on them,Sweetwater did,no problem!

MustangFan03
08-29-2001, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Jacket2000:
Great comeback!!! In 5 hours, the best you could come up with is a grammaticaly incorrect sentence that has absolutely nothing to do with the matter at hand and simply hurls childish insults. If you're wanting a battle of wits, you're bringing a knife to a gunfight my friend.
J2K
You tell him like it is Jacket2000,do you see the crap that people in West Texas have to put up with. EVERYONE I talk to wants to see Wylie fall,come to the Bowl in Oct. and see it happen

MustangFan03
08-29-2001, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by superman:
wylie is looking forward to 10 regular season games one at a time, sweetwater has one game they are looking to ABILENE WYLIE, sweetwater is nothing special just another team on the schedule. as for the jv running back from sweetwater that is so awesome, all i know as that i wouldnt want to be him when they play wylie.
Sweetwater is not looking to Wylie, just yet.Don't act like we have'nt been around the block through the years.We know about looking too far into the schedule.We just know we will enjoy that victory more than the others.

bigdawg
08-29-2001, 07:28 PM
This regards both of the mustangs...

SHUT UP!!!!!!

rambo
08-29-2001, 07:55 PM
hey mustangfan03...just to let you idiots from sweetwater know...our QB Caleb Ensor was hurt during the 1st quarter of the Ballinger game and didnt come back into the game after that!!! so they didnt have a chance to see our QB...besides what does it matter we beat both of yall!!! haha
state champs 01!!!

MustangFan03
08-30-2001, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by BIGDAWG:
This regards both of the mustangs...

SHUT UP!!!!!!
real good come back! LOL

MustangFan03
08-30-2001, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by rambo:
hey mustangfan03...just to let you idiots from sweetwater know...our QB Caleb Ensor was hurt during the 1st quarter of the Ballinger game and didnt come back into the game after that!!! so they didnt have a chance to see our QB...besides what does it matter we beat both of yall!!! haha
state champs 01!!!
that's all you can talk about-last year! your qb sucks,still!!!

bigdawg
08-30-2001, 09:04 PM
Good one yourself,pal.Is that all u could think of???

rambo
09-01-2001, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by MustangFan03:
Ask Ballinger who's QB is better,Wylie couldn't even move the ball on them,Sweetwater did,no problem!

lets see mustangfan03...i think you were the one who was bringing up LAST YEAR...i was just correcting you by telling you that our QB got injured in the 1st quarter of the game against ballinger and he never came back into the game so they only saw our backup QB!!!!! next time get your facts straight before you go off telling me i was bringing up LAST YEAR!!!

state champs 01!!!!

whsfan
09-03-2001, 02:57 PM
Okay maybe you were at the Sweetwater - Wylie JV game last year. So was I. You were partially right about the 90 yard run. Wylie already had one touchdown called back (first of 4 called back touchdowns). Cedrick's touchdown was the second play by the Sweetwater offense. Cedrick got lucky and was able to turn the corner. In fact, he scored another touchdown on another sweep in the first half. But that was it. Your team was very one dimensional (and looks to be again this year with Micheal Carillo). Looks like the Sweetwater offense is mainly either sweep to the left of sweep to the right. That type of offense is not hard to defend for a whole game. That is why you line up and play 4 quarters instead of 1 or 2 series.

The Wylie JV team used 5 different players to score the points (TD's & PAT's). Wylie pretty well did anything that they wanted all night long, passing or running, offense or defense, 1st or second string.

Another thing about last year's JV game against Wylie in the "bowl". There were only 30-40 Sweetwater fans. There weren't many more SW fans at last years varsity game. What is up with that? Even the Sweetwater fans know that Wylie has the far better program. The only two things going for Sweetwater's JV team were Cedrick and the referees. ENOUGH with last years JV game.

Let's talk about this year. Some SW fans want to critize the Wylie quarterback. Caleb Ensor is a fine athelete, a great leader (on & off the field), excellent QB, and a very hard working individual.

Look for him to direct the powerful Wylie offense as the Dawgs shred the touted Mustang defense to pieces. You will not see a better QB this year and you will have the oppurtunity to hear about him playing college ball next year (probably Division I). Bank on it!!!!!

P.S. Have ya'll already sent in your payment to the referees for a little home cookin?

eye of the tiger
09-03-2001, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by KingApe5:
sweetwater is lazy spic trash. They should shut their mouthes now, or wylie could just shut em for them when they play. I cant even believe yall try to argue that sweetwater is better than wylie. Mustang fan needs to wake up if he thinks sweetwater can even stay on the field with wylie.

Your last two posts are the most offensive I have read. Do you really need to use ethic slurs to try to make your point? I't doesnt say much for you and will make most people disregard anything that you post at all.

Mustang22
09-06-2001, 02:57 PM
I am new to this site, since I have been in California for the last nine years and plus I am ex-Mustang, so naturally I have to root for the Mustangs beating Wylie.

whsfan
09-08-2001, 09:43 AM
Both teams are off to an impressive start. The showdown in October will no doubt be a great game. Nothing like last years big let down. But there is a lot of football to be played between week 1 and week 8.

Does Sweetwater play Ballinger before or after Wylie?

mustang2003football
09-08-2001, 01:40 PM
ok
whsfan u seem like a pretty sensible guy and i admire that, and i have yet to say one bad thing about caleb ensor he is a fine quarterback and if i coached a team i would consider myself lucky to have such a leader on the feild. sweetwater has been very good about not talking trash this year and i am doing all i can to keep that, but i would like to say that if u are a sensible guy which u seem to be u would know that sweetwater has a very good team this year and it will be a good game but your friends and it seems like most people out there consider us to be nothing. our new coach has changed that sweep left sweep right offense and i will admit that that was true last year but we have made a very large amount of changes since then. we beat big spring and people said it was a fluke and we would get stomped by greenwood. then we beat them and people said we were lucky and we will get stomped next week. all i ask is how many do we have to win for us to be the favorite in one game.

whsfan
09-08-2001, 07:15 PM
First of all Great victory:
the Mustangs took a win on the road against a very talented and balanced Greenwood team. That is an impressive success. Especially when you dig a little deeper and find out how the offensive production was evened out (that is a big improvement from the M. Carrillo look last season & last weeks Big Spring victory).

Who said the Big Spring win was a fluke or that the Greenwood team would stomp you guys?

Sweetwater is 2-0 and off to a great start. Personally, I am much more impressed with the win this week than last week.

I don't look for the Mustangs to have any trouble with Breckenridge this week. Wylie probably used 20 different players on defense in the first three quarters and another 15 or so in the fourth quarter. Breckenridge couldn't score until the last three minutes. I'm sure the Mustang defense will do just as well. So in my book you guys are certainly the favorite this week.

As for being the favorite in the Sweetwater vs. Wylie game.

GO DAWGS!!!

Who else does Sweetwater play before district?

Good luck!!

ok
whsfan u seem like a pretty sensible guy and i admire that, and i have yet to say one bad thing about caleb ensor he is a fine quarterback and if i coached a team i would consider myself lucky to have such a leader on the feild. sweetwater has been very good about not talking trash this year and i am doing all i can to keep that, but i would like to say that if u are a sensible guy which u seem to be u would know that sweetwater has a very good team this year and it will be a good game but your friends and it seems like most people out there consider us to be nothing. our new coach has changed that sweep left sweep right offense and i will admit that that was true last year but we have made a very large amount of changes since then. we beat big spring and people said it was a fluke and we would get stomped by greenwood. then we beat them and people said we were lucky and we will get stomped next week. all i ask is how many do we have to win for us to be the favorite in one game.

surfspike
09-09-2001, 02:13 AM
I'd like to see Sweetwater beat Wylie. Maybe it would bring that overrated team back down to earth. hehehehe

whsfan
09-09-2001, 09:35 AM
I guess they might be a little overrated. They only played for the state championship last year. They didn't actually win the title.

By the way, Mr. hehehehe is there a particular team that you support?

Originally posted by surfspike:
I'd like to see Sweetwater beat Wylie. Maybe it would bring that overrated team back down to earth. hehehehe

MustangFan03
09-10-2001, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by BULLDOG02:
Ok I here all this talk about how good the JV runningback is... that bs! I played that whole game last year and he doesnt impress me at all. Sure hes pretty fast and quick. He may have got a few good runs in as well. But I know for a fact that the score wouldnt have even been close if they wouldnt have called those touchdowns back for wylie. I know for a fact that this kid doesnt have much because I and many others that are playing D for the varsity this year, put the hit on him. He may can run but he sure cant take a hit. Better get ready for that dreadful night in october for the Sweetwater spics, like Kingape5 said.

[This message has been edited by BULLDOG02 (edited September 10, 2001).]
I don't understand why Wylie keeps talking about Cedric Reed. He does'nt carry the ball but maybe 5 times a game.We are running 4 or 5 backs a game. You will not be able to find the ball on our offense because we use so many different backs with so many looks.Carrillo,Squires,Reddic and Hulin have more carries than Reed. We have a very balanced attack. If you think you can zero in on one back in this offense you will be in for a long night!

MustangFan03
09-10-2001, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by BULLDOG02:
Ok I here all this talk about how good the JV runningback is... that bs! I played that whole game last year and he doesnt impress me at all. Sure hes pretty fast and quick. He may have got a few good runs in as well. But I know for a fact that the score wouldnt have even been close if they wouldnt have called those touchdowns back for wylie. I know for a fact that this kid doesnt have much because I and many others that are playing D for the varsity this year, put the hit on him. He may can run but he sure cant take a hit. Better get ready for that dreadful night in october for the Sweetwater spics, like Kingape5 said.

[This message has been edited by BULLDOG02 (edited September 10, 2001).]
I don't understand why Wylie is so concerned about Cedric Reed.He does'nt even carry the ball but maybe 5 times a game.We have so many other backs that carry the load(Carrillo,Squires,Reddic and Hulin)that you can't key on one person.Just ask Big Spring and Greenwood hBut I guess ow tough the Sweetwater offense was on them. Wylie, don't think that you are any different.The only difference I see in you guys is that you are all white and racist. And that is nothing to brag about!You guys need to wake up to the world and realize that this is a Nation of all colors.You should get out in the world and see this.But I guess your parents won't let you guys out of the dog pound because you pups haven't grown up yet.

bigdawg
09-13-2001, 02:33 PM
HAHAHA....YOU CRACK ME UP JACKASS!!! If you think Sweetwater's running game is good, just wait till u see Wylie's passing game! It can't be stopped. Plus, Danny Ruth will have more yards than any of those rb's you mentioned. We'll see if you can't stop the powerful Wylie offense!!!!

MustangFan03
09-13-2001, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by BIGDAWG:
HAHAHA....YOU CRACK ME UP JACKASS!!! If you think Sweetwater's running game is good, just wait till u see Wylie's passing game! It can't be stopped. Plus, Danny Ruth will have more yards than any of those rb's you mentioned. We'll see if you can't stop the powerful Wylie offense!!!!I don't think,JACKASS, I know!!!Screw Wylie and you Middle schoolers.You are not as good as you think you are!! We will prove that,no problem.Anyways, Baby Ruth can't run!

sprtsdoc
09-17-2001, 05:41 PM
Sweetwater has some intangibles going for them. First, they have a new coach, and THAT can be a BIG FACTOR, as anybody who is involved with HS football will concur.

Second, they THINK they can win (see above).

Third, they are out to prove that they are better than last year's performance (again, see above).

Will it happen? We will know on October 27th. But until then, it is fun to prognosticate and pontificate!!

victory11
09-23-2001, 12:57 PM
sweetwater doesn't stand a chance

MustangFan03
09-23-2001, 11:30 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by victory11:
sweetwater doesn't stand a chance[/QUOTEWhy do you
say that? They allready beat better teams than Wylie.Big Spring came close to knocking them off and Big Spring was no problem to Sweetwater,28-14 going into the fourth qrt. then Sweetwater put in the second string.
Sweetwater has more than a chance and I wonder if Wylie has a chance? You never think of it that way because Wylie thinks their crap don't stink.We have beaten better teams than Wylie before over the years and Sweetwater has had alot better teams over the years than Wylie.Has Wylie won 500 games in their school history?Has Wylie ever won a state championship?How many 10 plus win seasons does Wylie have.Wylie's program pales in comparison to what Sweetwater has done in the past.So don,t take this team lightly,they know how to win!When Wylie comes to the Mustang Bowl they will see our storied past and will understand why Sweetwater is one of the best programs in the state.One win against us (last year) is not enough to make your head swell.Not in a year that we did nothing but rebuild and still go 8-4.This year you will see what that rebuilding year rebuilt.A District Championship.

bigdawg
09-24-2001, 02:33 PM
Right on RAMBO!!! Who ever said anything about the past. Is that all yall are worried about is the past....last year??? Last year was last year. Your saying that we barely beat Big Spring....true, we did, but they didn't score as many points on us as they did on yall, plus, Breckenridge didn't score near as many points on us as they did yall....hmmmm....i wonder who's defense is better. Offenses don't win games, DEFENSES do!!!

victory11
09-24-2001, 06:12 PM
hey mustangfan........you are talkin about winning 500 plus games, and a state championship and all this crap......how long ago was that? who cares about the 50's. who has the better program NOW??? how far did yall go in the playoffs last year? how far did wylie go?