PDA

View Full Version : 32AAA

BigKat20
10-25-2003, 10:41 PM
Well, its looks to be a three way tie for the district championship here in the valley. The for sure team that has its spot is P.I. and the three other teams that need to play each other are Raymondville, Lyford, and La Feria. La Feria needs to hold their ground in order to clinch a playoff spot, but by the looks of it, they need to put their money where their mouth is. It would be nice if the two Willacy county teams go into the playoffs together, after all years past that it has never happened.The Kats are looking forward to release some more anger on the Lions Friday, after their a** whoppin' they got from P.I., while Lyford has Hidalgo. Well congrats to P.I. and hopefully Raymondville and Lyford. Oh yeah, how can Lyford give up 383 yds. rushing to Jimmie Heath? Come on guys, he is not that good.

Ray_BearKat
10-25-2003, 11:28 PM
Just a hypothetical senario, but if Raymondville and Lyford can manage to finish the season (5-1) and tie PI who gets the district champ? Is there a three-way co-champion or what? And for playoff purposes, Raymondville would go D1 and Lyford be the #1 seed and PI the #2 seed since Lyford beat PI?

I have a cousin that plays for Lyford and hes all braggin cause he says they're in 1st place because of the point system and they will get the district championship? Can someone clear this up for me?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-26-2003, 12:01 AM
If that scenario plays out and PI, Lyford, and Ray'ville finish with 5-1 district records, then the district title will be shared by all three teams. So regardless of who gets the higher seeding in the playoffs, all teams mentioned are champions.

Yes, Raymondville will be in the Div. 1 playoffs, leaving Lyford as the top seed, and PI as 2nd seed.

HOWEVER, should Lyford end up LOSING to La Feria in Week 10, La Feria will be in Div. 1 as the 3rd place team, and PI and Raymondville will share the district title, with PI being the top seed and Raymondville 2nd seed in Div. 2 playoffs. That is, of course, assuming Raymondville takes care of business against La Feria next week.

But, as of right now, Port Isabel are the only ones in 32-3A that has clinched a playoff spot. As far as seedings are concerned, it's still up in the air. I'll try to conjure up all the different scenarios that could play out....

Ray_BearKat
10-26-2003, 12:19 AM
Thanks for the info...hopefullly the Kats will play the way I know they can play and come out on top next week in La Feria.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-26-2003, 12:36 AM
Remaining Schedules:

Port Isabel - Week 9: Progreso, Week 10: Bye

La Feria - Week 9: Raymondville, Week 10: Lyford

Lyford - Week 9: Hidalgo, Week 10: La Feria

Raymondville - Week 9: La Feria, Week 10: Hidalgo

I'll leave Port Isabel alone since it is pretty much assumed they're going to annihilate the "Mighty" Red Ants (that's what we thought about Lyford too, and look what happened) but that's entirely different, so PI will finish with a 5-1 district record and at least a share of the district title.

Scenario #1. Port Isabel (5-1), Raymondville (5-1), Lyford (5-1). Raymondville will be Div. 1 with Lyford (by virtue of their win over PI) gaining the top seed in Div. 2. PI will be 2nd seed in Div. 2. ALL 3 teams will share the district title. This scenario will occur should both Ray and Lyford beat La Feria and Hidalgo in their remaining games.

Scenario #2. Port Isabel (5-1), La Feria (5-1), Raymondville and Lyford (4-2) This scenario will occur if both Lyford and Raymondville lose their games to La Feria, but win vs. Hidalgo. Port Isabel and La Feria will share the district title. La Feria will be in Div. 1. Port Isabel will be the top seed in the Div. 2 playoffs, with Raymondville as the 2nd seed. Lyford, by virtue of their 1 point loss to Raymondville, will be out of the playoffs.

Scenario #3. Port Isabel (5-1), Lyford (5-1), Raymondville and La Feria (4-2). This scenario will occur if Lyford wins out, La Feria beats Raymondville in Week 9, and Raymondville beats Hidalgo in Week 10. Lyford would be top seed in Div. 2, PI the 2nd seed. Both would share the district title. La Feria would be in 3rd place, and in the Div. 1 playoffs by virtue of their win over Raymondville.

Scenario #4. Port Isabel (5-1), Lyford and Raymondville (4-2) This scenario would happen if both Lyford and Raymondville BEAT La Feria, but both lose to Hidalgo. This is Port Isabel's only chance of winning the district title outright. PI would be top seed in Div. 2, Raymondville in Div. 1, and Lyford the 2 seed in Div. 2.

Scenario #5. Port Isabel (5-1), La Feria (5-1), Raymondville, Lyford and HIDALGO (3-3) This freakish scenario would occur if both Raymondville and Lyford lose both remaining games. Port Isabel and La Feria would share the district title. La Feria would be in Div. 1 playoffs. Port Isabel top seed in Div. 2. NOW the fun part, Hidalgo would be in the playoffs as the 3rd place team (2nd seed in Div. 2 playoffs) by virtue of it's wins over Raymondville and Lyford. This is Hidalgo's ONLY chance of getting into the postseason. A loss to Lyford, OR a Raymondville win over La Feria will end Hidalgo's SLIM playoff hopes.

Hope this helps everybody!!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-26-2003, 11:29 AM
Just thought of another one....actually, another PI fan told me of this one, thanks NFCFAN.

Scenario #6. Port Isabel (5-1), Raymondville (5-1), La Feria and Lyford (4-2). This will happen if Raymondville wins out, and Lyford beats Hidalgo, but loses to La Feria. Port Isabel and Raymondville would share the district title. La Feria would be in the Div. 1 playoffs by virtue of it's Week 10 win over Lyford. Port Isabel would be top seed in Div. 2 by virtue of it's win over Raymondville. Raymondville would be 2nd seed in Div. 2 playoffs.

footballgal
10-27-2003, 01:59 PM
One more week of play should make this alot more clearer. :)