PDA

View Full Version : BC vs. Liberty

footballfan
11-12-2001, 04:41 PM
Has anyone kept up with Liberty since BC played them in week 1? Can we expect to win on player talent or will it take diversified coaching?

RBARKER
11-12-2001, 06:00 PM
I would say that BC should be able to win on talent alone. liberty is not playing very consistent so you never know what team is going to show up. BH beat them 40-14 then they went on to upset HJ then got beat by HF. BC by 14

Husker98
11-13-2001, 10:35 AM
I heard that Liberty lost to H-F on purpose so they wouldn't have to play Newton. If they would have beaten H-F, I think they would have went D2 instead of D1. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not from that district. I've got news for them though, they may have gotten by without playing Newton, but they will have to play a near perfect game to beat Bridge City. BC got beat by Newton, but they still have the talent to make a good run in D1.

TRY ME - I'LL MAKE YOU FAMOUS

footballfan
11-13-2001, 12:54 PM
I heard the same thing about losing on purpose. I would hate to think that a coach would display that kind of leadership to the kids, but to each his own. You are right about Liberty going DII if they would have beaten Hamshire-Fannett. An H-F loss would have put Hardin-Jefferson in the playoffs instead of H-F and H-J would have gone DI instead of Liberty. BC beat Liberty something like 30-16 in week one. I feel the BC offense should still be able to put up these numbers against Liberty. But on the other side of the ball, I think our defense has gotten better since then. Maybe the Liberty coach decided by flipping a coin. Good luck to all.

Husker98
11-13-2001, 01:34 PM
That's pretty sad isn't it. The kids should get to go out and give it all they've got. That's what high school football is about.

footballfan
11-13-2001, 01:49 PM
Other than the Liberty kids, the real victims hear are the H-J kids. They lost a lot of key players from a good team last year only to suprise some people with mostly soph's this year and (if the allegations are true) were held out of the postseason because someone was to scared to play Newton!

QBKilla
11-13-2001, 01:52 PM
We played Liberty earlier this year and strapped them pretty good. The only force behind Liberty is thier qb who is a great athlete but also puts the ball on the ground entirely too much. Shut down the option and the game is yours. Don't get me wrong they have other talented players but not near enough to take the game from BC. Good luck to both teams and go EAGLES!