PDA

View Full Version : Question For Port Isabel Fans?

sinfan75
12-02-2003, 10:35 PM
Do yall feel abused for havin to drive SIX hrs. to a PLAY-OFF game?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-02-2003, 10:37 PM
Well, if we are careful, and drive really fast, and limit the number of stops....we can make it to SA in 4 1/2 hours! LOL.

Nah, we don't mind the trip. As long as our Tarpons are playing, regardless of the distance, WE ARE THERE!

sinfan75
12-02-2003, 10:44 PM
That's what I thought.Lots a luck to the Tarpons,I'll be rootin fer ye!!

PITarpon85
12-02-2003, 11:51 PM
We would follow the Tarpons anywhere!!! And we have. In the last 10 years our play off games have averaged a total of 4 hours of travel ONE WAY. One year we played in Victoria 3 times. From PI to Victoria is about 3 1/2 to 4 hours. Do the math. Bottom line, Tarpon Fans are crazy about thier team and we will find a way to support our team.

footballgal
12-03-2003, 10:54 AM
No, road trips can be fun, we usually find a place to stop and eat and if it's good we try to go back another time through it and stop again.

BTW, anyone know any good eating place on the way to San Antonio?

In addition, I would travel cross country to see my Tarpons play!! :)

JasperDog94
12-03-2003, 11:07 AM
Anyone notice a difference in attitudes about having to travel? :o Just wondering if it was just me... :)

RPM
12-03-2003, 11:14 AM
Whats up Tarpon fans where have you guys all been?
wink Good Luck to the Tarpons home, away, it makes no diff. I seen some of the North teams complain because of travel time like the SLC vs Lubbuck Monty game. SLC was thinking of flying over :rolleyes: but got the bus instead. Ive heard of several teams that have flown to there playoff games to skip the long ride. Anyways good site apart from all the tortilla nonsense. Home or Away the Valley packs the house 6,8,10 hours away. I think Ill be heading from Donna to San An to see this game. Good luck guys the Valley has your back.

footballgal
12-03-2003, 11:27 AM
RPM:
Whats up Tarpon fans where have you guys all been?
wink Good Luck to the Tarpons home, away, it makes no diff. I seen some of the North teams complain because of travel time like the SLC vs Lubbuck Monty game. SLC was thinking of flying over :rolleyes: but got the bus instead. Ive heard of several teams that have flown to there playoff games to skip the long ride. Anyways good site apart from all the tortilla nonsense. Home or Away the Valley packs the house 6,8,10 hours away. I think Ill be heading from Donna to San An to see this game. Good luck guys the Valley has your back.Hey RPM welcome to the Board!!!
This is where the Tarpons Fans have been hangin' out more as of lately instead of the RGV board as you might have noticed. I am glad to hear you will be makin' the trip! BTW are you OK with the ticket situation?

<small>[ December 03, 2003, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: footballgal ]</small>

RPM
12-03-2003, 11:29 AM
Yes I think so but I still got you in mind just incase. :D

Boosty_Hondo
12-03-2003, 12:15 PM
footballgal:
No, road trips can be fun, we usually find a place to stop and eat and if it's good we try to go back another time through it and stop again.

BTW, anyone know any good eating place on the way to San Antonio?

In addition, I would travel cross country to see my Tarpons play!! :) if you go through hondo then you have to stop at hermansons steak house they have the best chiken fried steak or at Azteca very good mexican food

PI-fan
12-03-2003, 12:20 PM
sinfan75:
Do yall feel abused for havin to drive SIX hrs. to a PLAY-OFF game?Actually, i'd rather play somewhere in between Altair and PI, places like Victoria, Kingsville, Alice or Corpus Christi!

Anyone know if SA was mutual site pick as a midway(which it isnt) or did A.Rice win the flip?

marlinbulldogplayer
12-03-2003, 12:22 PM
I'm really wingbone90, but I coached at Porter several years ago and P.I. fans were crazy about football then and I watched last weeks game and was very impressed with their team,coaches and fans even now. I hope we get to play each other, It should be a good game. Plus, when I retire I would like to buy a condo in Laguna Madre like I should of when I was down there before. What a retirement,fish for specks in the morning, watch Tarpon football on friday night.

Kool Tarpon 21
12-03-2003, 12:45 PM
no way jose !
i would travel around the world if i had to ,and so would the rest of the tarpon fans thats
a fact!!!!
hope everybody can make the trip ,i know there will be a bus chartered from port isabel to and from san antonio for $30 bucks.
good luck to both teams!

taking it to the LEVEL !!!!! STATE! wink

ONE GOAL ONE TEAM! :D

SORRY THIS ISNT KOOL 21 ITS TARPON DAD .
MY BAD!

GO TARPPONS GO! eek!

<small>[ December 03, 2003, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: Kool Tarpon 21 ]</small>

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-03-2003, 01:13 PM
Kool Tarpon 21:
no way jose !
i would travel around the world if i had to ,and so would the rest of the tarpon fans thats
a fact!!!!
hope everybody can make the trip ,i know there will be a bus chartered from port isabel to and from san antonio for $30 bucks.
good luck to both teams!

taking it to the LEVEL !!!!! STATE! wink

ONE GOAL ONE TEAM! :D

SORRY THIS ISNT KOOL 21 ITS TARPON DAD .
MY BAD!

GO TARPPONS GO! eek! HAHA, TarponDad......you done messed up! LOL! Case of mistaken identity? LOL!

PITarpon85
12-03-2003, 03:05 PM
I Remember the 1994 season like it was yesterday. I remmeber that the Tarpons of 1994 were and still are very greatful for the support from the Valley. Even fans from our riavals from Los Fresnos went to Kingsville to fill Texas A&I Stadium for 3 weeks in a row. Also in 1994 the Tarps wern't just playing for PI, But for all the Valley. When Donna played Lubbock Monterrey in the pre-season and won it, we in the Valley felt proud for the Redskins for making a statment to the rest of the state. Valley football is for real and we can play with anyone in Texas. Now that the Tarpons are the last team standing, the Tarpons fans from all over Texas humblely ask Football fans of the Valley to support the Tarpons to bring one home to the RGV. So I call on fans from the Porter Nation to Harlingen Hawks and Cards, McAllen Mustangs, Dogs, the Warriors of Santa Rosa and even my era rivals of Sharryland Rattlers to Support this year's edition of the Tarpons. You may well be watching Valley History. To the husbands of bored wives saying "Honey we don't go any where, we don't do anything." Here is you chance to Support the Tarpons and show your wife a great time in San Antonio. GO BIG BLUE.

turbostud
12-03-2003, 03:22 PM
<small>[ December 04, 2003, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: turbostud ]</small>