PDA

View Full Version : There are 28 bowls

Phil C
12-08-2003, 03:12 PM
This means that 56 teams in Division 1 gets invited to bowls. Obviously not all of them are top ranked teams. So the bowls could easily have a playoff system with the top 16 teams and have pleanty of teams left over for bowl matches. Even UCLA this year was invited to a bowl with a 6 - 6 record and I know Notre Dame has been invited in the past with a losing record (but big fan ba$e). So the playoffs could still occur along with the bowls. And the TOP 16 teams should go with no silly rules that only 2 teams from a conference could be chosen. Why penalize a team just because they are in a conference with good teams? Come on playoff system! Even coaches are starting to favor it and becoming vocal so that is encouraging.

PPHSfan
12-08-2003, 03:19 PM
There are 207 teams in Texas 3A football and we manage to let 96 of them into the playoffs and find TWO champions.

I don't see why NCAA Division 1 with 217 teams can't find a way to get ONE champion in just four weeks of playoffs with the top 16 teams. And it would not be near as hard to pick the top 16 as it is to pick the top TWO

<small>[ December 08, 2003, 02:20 PM: Message edited by: PPHSfan ]</small>

JasperDog94
12-08-2003, 03:22 PM
Preach it brother! I'm all for you! :)

BulldogGrl64
12-08-2003, 05:04 PM
PPHSfan:
There are 207 teams in Texas 3A football and we manage to let 96 of them into the playoffs and find TWO champions.

I don't see why NCAA Division 1 with 217 teams can't find a way to get ONE champion in just four weeks of playoffs with the top 16 teams. And it would not be near as hard to pick the top 16 as it is to pick the top TWOYeah I never understood that either. Why is it that NCAA has to be so complicated?! :rolleyes:

Phil C
12-08-2003, 05:17 PM
Bulldoggl it isn't that complicated to them. They have it worked out fine with division 2 football so it would work with division 1 and pleanty of bowl games for other teams to play in that don't make the top 16.

BulldogGrl64
12-08-2003, 05:20 PM
Phil C:
Bulldoggl it isn't that complicated to them. They have it worked out fine with division 2 football so it would work with division 1 and pleanty of bowl games for other teams to play in that don't make the top 16.That's true Phil, it just seems like way to much work to put it all together, but somehow it all works out eh? :D