PDA

View Full Version : bc76

o'cowboy
04-29-2003, 11:50 AM
bc76, How is the football team shaping up for 03 in Tigerland? Are you guys still going to run the "Fun and Gun", Who is going to fill in at qb? And will the qb be as good as Matt? Think you should be set everywhere else.

BU97
04-29-2003, 12:25 PM
I'm not bc76 but I can partly field your question. QB is on pretty solid, with #11 (played WR as a Soph). Will take some time getting his feel wet, but should be good one once he does. Offense will stay basically the same, get the ball to your best athletes and let them go.

bc 76
04-29-2003, 07:10 PM
O Cowboy,Wharton defense might be real tough,have some big kids & speed on defense.As far as the offense goes im not a big fan of the run - shoot offense,teams like bay city,ennis can run this cause most of the wr dont have to play defense,most of the wr on the wharton team play both ways.Its tough when you play teams like elcampo ,ricecons,teams that control the clock and wear down your defense,by then most of the kids playing defense are to worn down to play offense.With this type of offense we might win 6-7 games,running the ball and playing smashmouth football 10-12 games.Hey cowboy you saw wharton play last year dont you agree?

o'cowboy
04-30-2003, 07:49 AM
Yes bc I saw Wharton 3 times last year and I agree, I don't like that type of offense to many 3 and outs.
Congrats on the Regional Track Meet.

Who is going to be the Qb this fall?
Why do you think that Coach Crow didn't have the success that he has had in Yoakum?
It just puzzles me to see the Athletes that you guys have and the continued Underachivement. I will enjoy talking with you this season (as last season) in this forum.