PDA

View Full Version : GAINESVILLE 24 - Forney 21 FINAL

Rabbit'93
11-28-2003, 08:36 PM

Fletch
11-28-2003, 08:48 PM
Finally a break-through "come from behind" win for the Leps. Great job! Congrats to Keith and Monkey Joe for predicting it all year.

The "scrimmage" was more predictive than we thought. eek! eek!

Keith7
11-28-2003, 09:17 PM
Wow amazing game.. Good job by forney too, yall had a great season, nothing at all to be ashamed of

Rabbit'93
11-28-2003, 09:51 PM
Keith your guys really woke up that 2nd. Half Your D line was too much for us in the 4th. They put pressure on Hanie and caused mayhem for us. Now the 2 fumbles by us didn't help. I had a feeling that would make or break us. You can't give a team like Gville a short field and expect to win.

The only thing that Gville needs to work on is coming out flat like they did in the first half and don't give up the big play. If they work on that they'll be just fine.

statguru83
11-28-2003, 09:57 PM
I was able to see Burnet play earlier this year and I was able to see Gainsville play Forney tonight. I know we still have one more week but looking forward to a Gainsville Burnet matchup. From what I have seen from both teams this looks to be an exciting game. Gainsville has excellent team speed, and I dont know that many other 3a teams have better athletes. Their secondary should match up well with Burnet just on pure athleticism. As far as their offense goes, I really have to take my hat off to the quarterback, he stood in there and took some big shots and kept throwing the ball. Burnet may have a lot of trouble stopping the Gainsville running game. This could be a 42-35 type of game.

jason
11-28-2003, 09:59 PM
yeah, they were good...they're D-Line won it for them...Purvey was a lot better than I thought he'd be...ya'll would be even better if you had a decent QB, he was really bad, IMO, he seemed to just throw it up and granted, ya'lls receivers came up with it in clutch times....If G'vile does end up playing Burnet, it will be a roll-over win for the Dawgs...their secondary will pick off those prayer heaves your qb throws and McGee will be a LOT better at escaping pressure...they're D-Line will shut down the running game a lot better too...
If the match-up happens:
Burnet 42
Gainesville 17

...and i wont say anything else about this game unless somebody says something stupid... :D :D

<small>[ November 28, 2003, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: jason ]</small>

SintonFan_inAustin
11-28-2003, 10:02 PM
they might match up with burnet but i was impressed by Burnet coaching adjustments they look for ur weakness and exploit it. Sinton gave them a defensive look they hadnt seen and adjusted to it and took what was given to them which was the running game.

bleedgreen
11-28-2003, 10:28 PM
I thought the 74 yard TD pass to open the game was an edge needed by Forney because they knew Gainsville had a good offense. Gainsville did a tremendous job not panicking in the 1st period down 14-0. All Gainsville could muster was 2 FG in the 1st half....the coach must be a great motivator because the scales tipped to the other side in the 2nd. I thought the turning point was the Forney fumble on it's own 21. It took Purvey one play and we had a game again. I was amazed at Gainsville's pass rush for two sacks and then the 4th down punt turned safety. Incredible comeback. Congratulations to the Leopards.

statguru83
11-28-2003, 10:33 PM
I was really disappointed to see how conservative Forney became when they got up 14-0. I dont understand why they continued to roll the quarterback out to pass when Gainsville was all over him.

cubs
11-28-2003, 11:09 PM
Good job, Gainesville.

surfspike
11-28-2003, 11:41 PM
statguru83:
I was really disappointed to see how conservative Forney became when they got up 14-0. I dont understand why they continued to roll the quarterback out to pass when Gainsville was all over him.exactly what killed forney against everman last year....and probably the year before that.

Forney basically gave the game away and let gainesville take control. Forney shot themselves in the foot like they do every year and I have officially lost any state hope I once had.

We did the same thing my senior yr against la grange, we did the same thing twice against everman, and now to gainesville. Forney will NEVER win a state title. They just do not want it, because after the 2nd half they played tonight they sure didn't show it.

Gainesville crowd was way more involved than the Forney side.

*shakes head

I eat my crow responsibly.

aamove
11-28-2003, 11:50 PM
Good win for Gainesville. They really put it together in the second half. Forney just seemed to stall. And the mistakes really cost us. Any way good luck to the Leopards in the rest of the playoffs.

Leopards,class of 75
11-29-2003, 12:18 AM
I went to the game too, what a game! I really thought if Forney could get ahead by 21-0 they would win this one with ease. I picked a close game Gainesville 21-14, but after watching the rabbits first play of the game I knew we were in big trouble!!!! I felt like this was a perfect match-up and after seeing the game I knew that I was right. Forney has a great team and I respect them highly!!! Turn-overs played a big key in this game. Texas high school football at it's best was tonight in Texas Stadium. Go Big Red!

J-RABBITS
11-29-2003, 12:47 AM
since this might be my last post this season here, it might be kinda long...sorry..but i think it has some good points...so read if you have time...

man this game had its up and downs all the way...i get to the game late and forney is up 7-0...then i try and find a seat and forney is now up 14-0...my jaw dropped to the ground...

but after we got up 14-0, it seemed like coach rush became WAY too conservative...i mean take some chances down the field early to set the tempo...if you throw a 50-60 yd pass and it gets picked, its like a very long punt...

another big momentum turner was when g-ville completed that really long pass with like 12sec left before half and eneded up getting a fg...that was when the momentum started to turn...forney was never the same after that...

after baylen scored to make it 21-12, the momentum shifted back...and we shut g-ville down on offense after that for a little while...then when g-ville had to punt the ball to us with 8min left, i could sense something wasnt right...i didnt feel good about forney the whole night...their offense wasnt clicking...and sure enough, the tides turned BIG time 2 plays later when laury fumbled...i knew the game was over for some reason then...and sure enought it was...forney melted down after then...

we got into a 3rd and 31 and even though we were up 21-19, i still knew we probly wouldnt win...and when the snap went over the punters head in the endzone for a safety, i knew g-ville would sneak out with a win because our offense could not do anything after we got up 14-0...

and forney really needs to work on pass coverage...i mean this qb was just throwin balls up to his receivers and somehow they would come down with them...that 3rd and 13 pass completetion deflated forney and its fans...took the life out of us with 2:30 left...recievers were open all game but he overthrew alot of them...seemed like all their completions were for huge gains...

and the fact that forney didnt have a threating passing game let g-ville stack the box to stop the run...

and whats up with that last drive of the game...forney gets the 1st down at the 40 and the refs are sitting there trying to spot the ball...the forney players need to be in the huddle at that point, not standing and looking...because the clock was ticking and they were just getting to the huddle, letting 25 precious seconds tick down...i could tell right then this drive wasnt going anywhere...

the turning point in this game was a play no one will really remember but will after i mention it...its 3rd down in the beg of the 4th (i think) and forney picks up the 3rd down and on the move to the 45...and up 21-12...but a holding pushes them back and they end up punting...i really think we wouldve put the game away there on that drive...

and surfspike, im right there with you on forney...theyve broken my heart 4 yrs in a row starting in that la grange game when i was a soph...all 4 of these games came down to play calling...WAY too conservative when we got a lead, except in 2001 against everman we never had a lead...they can never win the big one when it counts...always been their problem...when we got a lead against la grange in state, we shouldve tried to takw the life out of them on some long pass plays but we didnt...and it came back to haunt us...same as last year against everman when we had a 14-7 lead...

and really, neither team today looked like it couldve won state playing like that...turnovers and breakdowns in defense wont win it...neither team looked like their state rankings...

last thing, i think forney is haunted by the fumble...its like a curse:

1. state game against la grange...about 1:45 or so and we're at the 5 of la grange...dabryan fumbles and we lose...

2.2001 against everman...down 14-9 but have momentum...dabryan fumbles at our own 20 and everman scores a few plays later...down 21-9, we never recovered...

3. and tonite against g-ville...up 21-12 with 8min left and we just picked up 4yds and looked to eat up as much clock as possible...baylen fumbles at our own 21 and g-ville scores 1 play later and forney crumbles after that...

:mad:

MonkeyJoe
11-29-2003, 01:19 AM
GALL DANG ! That was one kick ass game...
Hats off to Forney yall played great !
yalls RB is awesome!
and yalls QB was huge.

i even saw some celina orange at the stadium...that suprised me a little...

down 14-0 in the 1st quarter...to come back and win it was huge, ...amazing game...i cant find the words to describe it, i cant wait for next weeks game !

20dawgz05
11-29-2003, 01:41 AM
NOOOOOO!!!.......not to rag on G-ville (yall are good) i just wanted to play Forney!!!! GRRRR!!! (better luck next year guys)....I REALLY WISH I COULDA SEEN YALL PLAY!!!!!