PDA

View Full Version : Jasper vs. Houston Smiley

spiveyrat
09-29-2003, 12:00 PM
Should be an easy win. Smiley has been outscored 193-16 in four games. They have been shut out in 3 of those games. They do have some weight on their OL with 2 of them on the roster showing 330.

I predict:
Jasper 32
Smiley 8

spiveyrat
09-29-2003, 12:10 PM
Collier-Sharp is picking Jasper by 50! eek!

Compudyne
09-29-2003, 12:25 PM
Jasper - 47
Smiley - 12

Wildcat81
09-29-2003, 01:06 PM
Compudyne:
Jasper - 47
Smiley - 12Compudyne I agree Jasper beat Smiley,Smiley has the size but size don't mean much I was looking at roster you can find it in the Houston Chronicle
Go to high school score board then fine team.

Backwoods
09-29-2003, 01:08 PM
Watched this match-up last year. Smiley had the most out of shape team I've ever seen. Sat behind Smiley's bench (and in Jasper, that's close.) Their coaches didn't seem to have a clue. It won't be pretty. Jasper by a bunch.

booger1
09-29-2003, 01:44 PM
Rest the starters on this game! From what I hear K-ville will be bringing the wood to Jasper! OOOO! Better watch out Dawgs!
note the sarcasm! :D

Compudyne
09-29-2003, 02:02 PM
booger1:
Rest the starters on this game! From what I hear K-ville will be bringing the wood to Jasper! OOOO! Better watch out Dawgs!
note the sarcasm! :D Booger, you are just full of yourself today.
Note there is no sarcasm.
Except for the note, that is sarcasm.

booger1
09-29-2003, 02:05 PM
Ah c'mon! I'm pulling for Jasper over K-ville, normally it would be the other way around but K-ville is getting the Bighead! Good luck to both teams! Seriously!

RBARKER
09-29-2003, 02:38 PM
Jasper will win this one at least by 40. Barbers Hill beat 4A Dickinson 27-13 and 4A Dickinson beat 4A Smiley 40-0. I know you can't count on these comparisons, but Smiley IMHO would have a hard time with some 2A teams.

southern_thunder
09-29-2003, 02:41 PM
I dont know what yall are thinking but if Jasper doesnt turn things around soon Smiley might get a win and Jasper might be sitting at home in week 11!!

St. Ivender
09-29-2003, 04:10 PM
Compudyne:
Jasper - 47
Smiley - 12Although you have possessed past prognosticating prowess, you give the dogs too much credit.

Jasper 24
Smiley 0

Hupernikomen
09-29-2003, 05:14 PM
Because aren't the kind of team to run up the score on people...

Jasper 48
Smiley 0

JasperDog94
09-29-2003, 05:19 PM
I'm gonna have to see some better offensive production before I put Jasper in the 40's or higher.

Jasper 28
Smiley 13

<small>[ September 29, 2003, 05:20 PM: Message edited by: JasperDog94 ]</small>

Bulldog92
09-29-2003, 08:33 PM
JasperDog94:
I'm gonna have to see some better offensive production before I put Jasper in the 40's or higher.

Jasper 28
Smiley 13I agree...Jasper 27, Smiley 10

Eagles52
09-29-2003, 09:20 PM
I have to agree with RBarker and even though you generally can't use comparison stats...if I'm not mistaken Dickinson had 300+ rushing yards so I'm thinkin Jasper scores however much they want to and should be able to get a shut out...

j_dog
09-29-2003, 11:13 PM
What is the status on Marlon Cook? If he comes back for this game and is healthy, things could get ugly in a hurry. The Dogs do need to get him in tune for District. At 250 pounds, he runs over whomever he cannot outrun. And he can outrun most guys. :D :D

spiveyrat
09-30-2003, 07:11 AM
j_dog:
What is the status on Marlon Cook? If he comes back for this game and is healthy, things could get ugly in a hurry. The Dogs do need to get him in tune for District. At 250 pounds, he runs over whomever he cannot outrun. And he can outrun most guys. :D :D He was supposed to play last week. By your remark, I have to assume he didn't???

duckbutter
09-30-2003, 08:48 AM
At 250 lbs. I have to question his conditioning. Can he go full speed for an entire game?

Compudyne
09-30-2003, 09:03 AM
spiveyrat:

j_dog:
What is the status on Marlon Cook? If he comes back for this game and is healthy, things could get ugly in a hurry. The Dogs do need to get him in tune for District. At 250 pounds, he runs over whomever he cannot outrun. And he can outrun most guys. :D :D He was supposed to play last week. By your remark, I have to assume he didn't???My sources out of the Houston area say he did play. Ran the ball a few times and caught a few passes. Said he was 250+ though. I am sure he will be in good shape by the time District starts.

crimson blood
09-30-2003, 10:12 AM
he was 'ok' but obviously rusty and for the first week back obviously not the difference in the game.

from the 'armchair'; i think the offense that jasper 'runs' is an all or nothing game. either 3-and-out or 1 or 2 and td.
mark me down as one that still thinks that with the raw talent that jasper routinely has they would be more consistantly successful with a more conventional offense. (see newton) :)

j_dog
09-30-2003, 12:54 PM
I think the Jasper coaches are trying to copy Ennis, who has consistently done really well with this offense. But, you have to have the right athletes, AND the right coaching skills to make it work, as with any scheme. Only time will tell about these factors for Jasper.

wildcatmanager
09-30-2003, 01:15 PM
what would u say if houston smiley won that game. Let me know what u think.
GOOD LUCKS BOTH TEAMS PLAY HARD.

JasperDog94
09-30-2003, 01:18 PM
j_dog:
I think the Jasper coaches are trying to copy Ennis, who has consistently done really well with this offense. But, you have to have the right athletes, AND the right coaching skills to make it work, as with any scheme. Only time will tell about these factors for Jasper.Ennis also has one of the best high school QBs ever. He's strong, accurate and makes great decisions. To have all three of these traits in a h.s. kid is pretty impressive. Jasper has great athletes, but have never what I would consider a "great" passing QB.

crimson blood
09-30-2003, 03:26 PM
j-dog, one explanation could be that the system has not been around long enough to produce a top qb. not sure and don't misread that as a defense of the system. it is not. i still believe that they would do well in a more predictable offense. as to the top qb, develop one anyway and he could be the diff to put you in week 16. :)

Wildcat81
09-30-2003, 03:34 PM
Compudyne:

spiveyrat:

j_dog:
What is the status on Marlon Cook? If he comes back for this game and is healthy, things could get ugly in a hurry. The Dogs do need to get him in tune for District. At 250 pounds, he runs over whomever he cannot outrun. And he can outrun most guys. :D :D He was supposed to play last week. By your remark, I have to assume he didn't???My sources out of the Houston area say he did play. Ran the ball a few times and caught a few passes. Said he was 250+ though. I am sure he will be in good shape by the time District starts.Like Earl Campbell used to do.

j_dog
09-30-2003, 10:58 PM
crimson blood:
j-dog, one explanation could be that the system has not been around long enough to produce a top qb. not sure and don't misread that as a defense of the system. it is not. i still believe that they would do well in a more predictable offense. as to the top qb, develop one anyway and he could be the diff to put you in week 16. :) I agree, the kids now are having to master the system on the run instead of having been brought up in it. Only a few years can change that.

However, I think much depends on how you look at things. Jasper put up enough points offensively last year to have won all its games if their defense had played better in certain games. How many other teams hung 28 points on Burnet last year? Same this year, Jasper has not been shut out offensively. Anyway, I think the jury is still out on this team and staff.

spiveyrat
10-01-2003, 06:52 AM
wildcatmanager:
what would u say if houston smiley won that game. Let me know what u think.
GOOD LUCKS BOTH TEAMS PLAY HARD.I'd probably say something that would get me ROM'd! :D

spiveyrat
10-01-2003, 11:46 AM
ttt

JasperDog94
10-01-2003, 12:32 PM
Same here spivey.