View Full Version : Burnet 40-Shoemaker 28

Chris Hart
09-13-2002, 10:48 PM
What a game!

------------------
Big Green Dawg

CentralTxFan
09-13-2002, 11:05 PM
Hard fought and hard won!!! Good luck next week Dawgs!

29x281
09-13-2002, 11:13 PM
Shoemaker is definitely a better team than Reagan, and probably I'd give the edge to them over Gatesville as well. They were very physical, and they have several playmakers.

Still, a win for 3A Burnet over the 49th largest 4A school. Shoemaker nearly doubles Burnet in enrollment.

Chris Hart
09-13-2002, 11:15 PM
Too much to remember to explain this one.I'll start from 33-28 Burnet fakes a punt to try to keep a clinching drive alive, and fail.Killeen Shoemaker takes over at their own 40-45 yd. line.The Burnet defense which was once again on their heals all night,is adrenalized by a hostile Burnet crowd and force a punt with about 4:30 left on the clock.Burnet gives a fatal dose of Patrick Miller.All runs to Miller(5or6),with the last being a clinching 50yd. scamper.The crowd is livid,the D is now extremely pumped and force a turnover on downs with :50 to play, and the Dogs take a knee.I don't want to make this a habit about bragging on Burnet's opponents, but either Burnet is not as good as I think they are, or Gatesville and Shoemaker are 2 really good teams.I'm curious to hear the Gatesville-Cameron score.Maybe it will shed a little light for me.Great Game in Burnet tonight.The Dogs faced a serious challenge and showed great character in fending off the Greywolves.Way to go Bulldogs!Game ball goes to Patrick Miller, he had a huge night.Shoemaker did a pretty good job on Shipley, although he did manage a long TD rec. and several more good plays.This was an all out team effort by Burnet.Always Team first.

Bulldog1990
09-13-2002, 11:50 PM
Wow what a game. The game ball has to go to two players Miller for toughing it out at the end of the game. And Luke Pell #44 for straping it on and taking it to the Greywolfs on that last drive. Great job guys!!! BTW does anyone know the score in the Gatesville Game?

lildawg07
09-14-2002, 12:21 AM
GOOD GAME BURNET!!! be ready for next week.

cl23
09-14-2002, 01:02 AM
Is it true that Shoemaker had over 600 yards of offense or was that the combo of both teams...I know that last week there was probably over 800 yards total between Burnet and Gatesville. Anybody from Burnet know? Thanks.

spaniard
09-14-2002, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by cl23:
Is it true that Shoemaker had over 600 yards of offense or was that the combo of both teams...I know that last week there was probably over 800 yards total between Burnet and Gatesville. Anybody from Burnet know? Thanks.

man, im not sure how much yardage was given up this game, all i know is that it was a lot on both sides. it was a great game, shoemaker was said to be weaker than they really were. i was surprised by the performance by these guys, it was opposite of what i had heard they were like.

Chris Hart
09-14-2002, 01:19 AM
Both teams had alot of yards,It's weird Shoemaker ate us alive through the air, and fared admirably on the ground.Burnet didn't pass much tonight,but dominated the line of scrimmage with the Offensive line and ground game.I bet Shoemaker had 80 players, and I bet 15 ran a 4.5 or betterand 20 right around there, and the rest were linemen.They have awesome team speed.If you want to beat em, you have to pound it at em.

hornet03
09-14-2002, 06:33 PM
How did shipley do?

Chris Hart
09-14-2002, 06:45 PM
He had about a 40 yd. TD rec.,and Threw for one TD.He also had several good rushes,one on a reverse.He was moved to safety to slow their deep passing game(They picked on one our DB's so much early on,3 long TD passes for about 200 yards).This turned out to be a excellent coaching decision, needless to say all completions after that were in front of the safety.A good overall game for Shipley.The workhorse was Patrick Miller who gained 258yds. on 17 totes.