PDA

View Full Version : Can Seniors Play JV

Bell_06
01-12-2004, 01:31 AM
I was always under the assumption that Seniors could not play in Junior Varsity teams but have recently heard of some who have. Is there a hard fast rule or is simply a choice each school makes?

sinton66
01-12-2004, 08:07 AM
It is a choice by the coaching staff. There is no rule that prevents Seniors from playing on the JV. Customarily, most seniors play varsity, but there is no rule demanding it.

Keith7
01-12-2004, 08:27 AM
JV is there to help develope players.. there is no point in tryin to develope a senior since he wont be playin next year..

but In Gainesville, we had a Senior who hadn't played his whole life a couple years back, and he wanted to actually play instead of sit on the sidelines, so he asked the coaches to play JV so they let him

SINTON81
01-12-2004, 08:47 AM
Keith7:
JV is there to help develope players.. there is no point in tryin to develope a senior since he wont be playin next year..

but In Gainesville, we had a Senior who hadn't played his whole life a couple years back, and he wanted to actually play instead of sit on the sidelines, so he asked the coaches to play JV so they let himDid he start? If he did, how did he do?

southern_thunder
01-12-2004, 09:44 AM
I am not going to say for sure but I do think there is a rule against a senior playing JV just like there is a rule against a sophomore or junior playing on a freshmen team. You can play up a level but not down.

Keith7
01-12-2004, 01:32 PM
SINTON81:

Keith7:

but In Gainesville, we had a Senior who hadn't played his whole life a couple years back, and he wanted to actually play instead of sit on the sidelines, so he asked the coaches to play JV so they let himDid he start? If he did, how did he do?he only kicked, didnt really play much of another position.. but on varsity we had an all state kicker, so i think he had little chance to see any playin time..

Last year we had an Exchange student who was a senior from Italy, and never even touched a baseball but came out to learn the game, and he started out field for J.V.

<small>[ January 12, 2004, 12:33 PM: Message edited by: Keith7 ]</small>

lobo12
01-12-2004, 11:49 PM
i think there is a rule.

eagle.eyes
01-13-2004, 12:39 AM
No rule....Tarkington has 2 seniors on their JV BB team!

Hupernikomen
01-13-2004, 10:07 AM
eagle.eyes:
No rule....Tarkington has 2 seniors on their JV BB team!Had 2, now one. They were there until they could clear eligibility through U.I.L. since they both were recent transfers.