PDA

View Full Version : Is Gilmer D1 or D2?

HotDawg89
09-08-2003, 09:01 PM
I've asked about them before, and I know they are really strong this year... but I don't know the answer to the D1 or D2 thing...anyone? Bueller?

CRUSHER
09-08-2003, 09:20 PM
It depends on if Lindale makes the playoffs. Winnsboro and Mount Vernon could make the playoffs and knock Lindale out and I think if they did it would put Gilmer at D1. If Lindale makes it they will be D2.

FBJones
09-08-2003, 09:49 PM
It definitely looks like a Gilmer, Lindale, and Winnsboro trifecta box here. Mt. Vernon looks to be WAY down. Remember they did lose a DI QB.

BigRedfan
09-08-2003, 11:19 PM
It will depend on who finishes 2 and 3. Lindale would go Division 1 and Winnsboro and Gilmer would go Division 2. But it is still 8 weeks until all that is decided. There could be some upsets that could throw the district in a mess.

Gilmer Buckeye
09-09-2003, 02:24 PM
There's very little chance Lindale will miss the playoffs, IMHO. I believe Gilmer coaches would obviously prefer to be in the 'small school' division, although there's a good chance it will put us on an early-round collision course with Daingerfield again. Oh well. They're in the way of anyone who has state aspirations. You can either face them early or late.

Last year, we might well have been able to get by Atlanta, which is who our opponent would likely have been had Lindale missed the playoffs and we had gone 'big school.'