PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Football Playoffs

VWG
03-04-2003, 12:16 PM
If you think about it, some playoff games could already be determined before the season even starts.
For instance, it's a given that Abilene Wylie will be one of three teams out of their district next year. The same could be said for Graham, and since both schools have the largest enrollment in their district then that would pit both teams playing each other again in the first round of the 2003 playoffs. A rematch of 2002.
Everman could be the same way if Lake Dallas makes the playoffs, but that isn't as much as a lock as I would say Graham vs. Abilene Wylie is.
What about other scenarios around the state?

PPHSfan
03-04-2003, 12:26 PM
With the Division 1 wrapped up by Gainesville whether they place 1st 2nd or 3rd in Distict 9. I will go out on a limb and say they will play Paris North Lamar in round 1 and Celina and Pilot Point will play Commerce and Quinlan. Only the season will tell who gets Commerce and who gets the Panthers. Unfortunatley, we still have to play ten games first. In Texas anything can happen. Will this be Whitesboro's year?....Well ALMOST anything can happen :D

big daddy russ
03-04-2003, 01:22 PM
I heard from one of the posters on this board that the 2003 3A Division I state title has actually already been locked up. This particular poster pointed out that Gainesville has more talent, speed and strength than most NFL teams could ever wish to have and will romp through the brackets, beating their opponents mercilessly to the tune of 1,045.86 points per game.

Kick that dead horse, big daddy!

cunbed10
03-04-2003, 02:02 PM
Marlin will play Newton, La Grange, and Bellville againg next year, Newton is a Team that Marlin has to face every year no matter what the District finish is for both teams they will lock up that's a given.

Jimbotex40
03-04-2003, 10:52 PM
forney will play wills point again next year in the first round.

cajun1
03-06-2003, 11:24 AM
Yes, I agree that Forney and Wills Point will
meet in the first round again.
I wish that we had some lineman moving in because
Brandon will be running and throwing if we
don't get some boys to step up....
I feel Forney will be stronger this year but,
you will see that there is alot of friends between
these two teams. :D