PDA

View Full Version : Yoakum Report

Pudlugger
08-24-2002, 12:45 AM
What's the story on Yoakum this year? Is it true that several starters recently quit? I understand that they have a strong team, and are favored to win D27. How have the scrimmages gone. La Grange played well tonight agoinst Royal, winning the game simulation 2 quarters 21-6 with the second team in most of the last quarter. Depth is going to be a factor in the Leopards success. Unfortunately, Jay Schmidt, soph reserve tailback injured his ankle, possibly fractured and will be out for awhile. Cody Williams looked sharp with two nice td runs showing some good speed. The defense was strong as was the offensive line which controlled the line of scrimmage all night. Royal is a good 2A team, very fast and should have success in their district again this year. However, La Grange will be facing a much tougher opponent next week in Yoakum.

bd62
08-24-2002, 08:20 AM
we had about 10 kids off a 10-0 j.v. that did not come out.also our best offensive lineman who is 6-3 270 and started last years did not come out. he is also a junior.
i can not figure this out.we have a very good program with excellent coaches and these kids mostly juniors drop out.
we have 15 seniors,10 juniors,and so far 4 sophs. on varsity.before dist. we will probably have a total of 7 sophs. on varsity. they were undefeated as freshman and we have 30 kids that are sophs.
so we thought we would have good depth this year and now we dont. last nite i counted 7 kids going both ways. the kids we have are hard working and the kids that did not come out probably would not put out the effort needed to win.
we have some talent but we do not need any injuries.

bd62
08-24-2002, 08:34 AM
i forget to mention our srimmages. against wharton we did not look good.wharton had a lot of speed and size. they looked better on line play. the format was unusual.7 on 7- no-one scored. running only format. both teams broke 3 times. goal line we scored 3 times to there 2.and finally controlled scrimmage they scored 2 times to our none.
against shiner we out scored them 3t.d. to zero but 2 of our t.d. came when the second team was playing.

Pudlugger
08-24-2002, 10:51 AM
Thanks BD62 for the update. Each year we lose about 10% of the guys from the year before which is normal attrition considering the increasing levels of difficulty and concomitant dedication involved in the system as one advances up. Our first scrimmage against Cuero was not pretty. This was due to a combination of not being seasoned as a team yet, and the practice quality of the event format. We did not play a 2 quarter game situation like we did at Royal. The constant substitutions don't allow the kids to get into a rhythm or adapt to the gme. The coaches do this to determine how individual players fit into the mix, and need to get their looks, not being concerned so much with scoring or sustaining a winning drive. Our first team lbs were held out alot to give the backups looks for example. Cuero is also a big tough football team and were obviously more consistant and intense. The scrimmage against Royal, although not the team Cuero is, demonstrated that the Leps are beginning to gel as a team and the coaches are settling in on the starting and backup lineups. We had some injuries as noted above and some bumps and bruises but the team should be in good shape Friday for the Yoakum openner.

Seawall D
09-03-2002, 01:23 PM
LOO YOAKAM HAD A GOOD TEAM LAST YEAR BUT IF THE TARPONS HAD A SECOND CHANCE AT THEM THE TARPONS WOULD WIN , NO DOUBT, WELL MEET AGAIN AND THIS ITS PAYBACK, AND LIKE THEY ALWAYS SAY PAY BACKS A BITCH!!!

sinton66
09-03-2002, 02:53 PM
Word of caution here "seawall D", watch your language on this site, please. Speak intelligently, keep it clean, and have fun. You can get ROM'd on this site permantly if you're not careful.

footballgal
09-03-2002, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Seawall D:
LOO YOAKAM HAD A GOOD TEAM LAST YEAR BUT IF THE TARPONS HAD A SECOND CHANCE AT THEM THE TARPONS WOULD WIN , NO DOUBT, WELL MEET AGAIN AND THIS ITS PAYBACK, AND LIKE THEY ALWAYS SAY PAY BACKS A BITCH!!!

Hey dude you need to cool it with the foul language! Unlike the previous PI teams motto has been, "JUST SHUT UP AND PLAY FOOTBALL", doesn't seem to apply to this year's team, I am starting to think that with all this profanity, which I personally detest. The young inexperience is really showing in a FEW of you don't ruin it for everybody, I wonder if you're the same one who got out of had on the local board #33 a Soph., I think. Again tone it down or else you will, and I hope if you continue, will get banned from this board!!!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-03-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by sinton66:
Word of caution here "seawall D", watch your language on this site, please. Speak intelligently, keep it clean, and have fun. You can get ROM'd on this site permantly if you're not careful.

I already warned him about it a couple of days ago.......didn't seem to faze him in the least. I'd tell the firing squad to fire right now.............ROM him.

sinton66
09-03-2002, 06:07 PM
Are you sure it's the same one? The other one you warned was a girl from the band. I may have missed something, though.

footballgal
09-03-2002, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas:
I already warned him about it a couple of days ago.......didn't seem to faze him in the least. I'd tell the firing squad to fire right now.............ROM him.

He's right TFINT the poster you warned is a band member and is a girl. ( I am not a girl yet not a women...)lol

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-03-2002, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by footballgal:
He's right TFINT the poster you warned is a band member and is a girl. ( I am not a girl yet not a women...)lol

I was warning the WHOLE LOT of them.....the band girl, the football players......ALL OF THEM! Seems like one of the players didn't listen to my warning. The band girl is ok, she cooled it down.

[This message has been edited by TarponFanInNorthTexas (edited September 03, 2002).]

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-03-2002, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by footballgal:
( I am not a girl yet not a women...)lol

By the way, i'm glad you're just 1 WOMAN, and NOT a group of "women"......hehe

sinton66
09-03-2002, 07:52 PM
TFINT, sorry, didn't mean to stick my nose in, do what you think is right, and I'll support you!

TarponR13K
09-03-2002, 08:13 PM
geez man, all i said was "niggz" and that wasnt even intended to be offensive to anyone. and..please, Please stop referring to me as the band girl, there are several students in band as well as football players in band. I am also not ONLY in band...I may be a band jock but hey...im a section leader, an all stater, first chair and assistant drum major, where else do you expect me to spend my time??? honestly!

Anyways, this is more of a personal post, just requesting you stay away from the title "band girl" lol. And I've said nothing offensive on this site. It's my way of starting over and giving RGVSports some time to air out. alrighty? http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/wink.gif
Thanks a bunch.
if you want, you can refer to me as just R13 (heh, that's the type of buffet clarinet i usually and prefer play on) makes it a bit easier, huh

sinton66
09-03-2002, 08:32 PM
Ok R13, sorry for the "band girl" thing. You're right, we SHOULD use your screen name. And we are cool with you. TFINT just wants all PI fans to know that this is not a smack board(not that you did any of that). This is a serious football site that covers the entire State for 3A. We have our fun, but try VERY hard to keep it clean. If you stick around for awhile, you'll see what we mean. We simply expect posters to contribute intelligently to the discussions here. Trust me too, we have sort of "banded" together here because we LOVE the way this site is run. We even try to watch out for each other's "new" posters. You'll find we're ALL pretty protective of our interests here. http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif

SintonFan_inAustin
09-03-2002, 08:51 PM
yes plz tone it down a little. This is a great site to express ur point of view but without have to use foul language. good job on warning them first. I would like to see the PI go far too in the playoffs so that part of region 4 gets some respect.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-03-2002, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by TarponR13K:
geez man, all i said was "niggz" and that wasnt even intended to be offensive to anyone. and..please, Please stop referring to me as the band girl, there are several students in band as well as football players in band. I am also not ONLY in band...I may be a band jock but hey...im a section leader, an all stater, first chair and assistant drum major, where else do you expect me to spend my time??? honestly!

Anyways, this is more of a personal post, just requesting you stay away from the title "band girl" lol. And I've said nothing offensive on this site. It's my way of starting over and giving RGVSports some time to air out. alrighty? http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/wink.gif
Thanks a bunch.
if you want, you can refer to me as just R13 (heh, that's the type of buffet clarinet i usually and prefer play on) makes it a bit easier, huh

Yeah, i'm sorry too about the "band girl" thing. Wasn't sure what to refer to you as on here.......I guess R13 will do! Anyway, even though "niggz" isn't a bad word, it can, however, be interpreted as a racial slur, and believe it or not, people can and will get offended by it even though it wasn't directed towards them.

And also, R13, please don't think that i'm singling you out. My warning wasn't just for you, it was for the other posters from the RGV Sports site that could have possibly joined this site. You could get away with it on there, but here, however, foul language is something that is frowned upon BIG TIME. And by the way, you did say "s__t" in one of the posts you made earlier this evening. You probably talk like that in person, and that's completely cool......but please, do your best to lay off of it on here. I'd hate to see you get ROM off of here too.

footballgal
09-03-2002, 11:08 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TarponR13K:
[B]..please, Please stop referring to me as the band girl

I too have to say also sorry about the band girl thing, I couldn't remember your SN name so that was the easiest thing to say. Although I didn't think you would get offended by it, as I know you are very good at band an all stater and I know you care about it alot since you strongly defend it.

In addition, I know you are a very intelligent and a very articulate young lady, so don't let others think other wise. I know you probably saying you don't care, but ultimately we all care what people think about us in the end.

So stay on but stay cool... Peace

[This message has been edited by footballgal (edited September 03, 2002).]

footballgal
09-03-2002, 11:14 PM
TO Pudlugger & YOAKUM FANS:

Sorry about this whole mess, and for it getting of the original post of this topic! So, if you have nothing to say about this topic lets move on. So, I will move on myself, since all I know about Yoakum is what I have seen last year and what I have read on this site.

TarponR13K
09-04-2002, 04:41 PM
yeah, that got quite off the topic there, but I guess there's nothing wrong with a bunch of people ya don't know apologizing to ya, huh? Anyway, I said s--t??? Darn...I thought I was pretty careful in making sure I said smack instead. Well, actually, I do sometimes speak like that but only because I've got a few coaches as teachers even in AP classes and it just kind of rubs off. Not saying that they're bad examples, but I am a kid and you know how kids are. Alright, I'm off here because I don't know much about Yoakum's game. SOOO....later...and good luck yoakum