PDA

View Full Version : Forney 4 Everman 0

Matthew328
05-12-2002, 07:59 AM
Forney's Zach Segovia shut down Everman with 13 K's and Forney got a run in each of the first 4 innings to defeat Everman 4-0 at Lewisville....Everman never came close to threatening Forney's ace the entire game...Forney is gonna have to get better production from their bats if they wanna make a run at state though

pimpahoe789
05-12-2002, 02:04 PM
ok first of all everman had the bases loaded twice and plenty of chances to score. Zegovia was wild and inconsistet, if I was one of the scouts I would have left in the middle of the game when he started walking people. His fastball was not overpowering, he stayed at about 90 mph the whole game and didnt have anything close to a breaking pitch. Everman's inexperience hurt them because no one had ever seen anything even that fast but as for you all who counted us out we made a game out of it and we showed that forney is NOT a contender for the state title, they are lacking too many key parts of their game.

pimpahoe789
05-12-2002, 04:44 PM
This is the everman catcher and I think that Matt Stepp or any of the other people that wrote all that bullsh*t about adding a third number on scoreboard don't know what the hell they were talking about. Forney sucks and Zach sucks, he gets too much publicity for nothing. We should have won, but we were just too young and inexperienced to take advantage of his mistakes. None of them players on their had anything on me or on most of the rest of our team.

------------------

Jacket2000
05-12-2002, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by pimpahoe789:
This is the everman catcher and I think that Matt Stepp or any of the other people that wrote all that bullsh*t about adding a third number on scoreboard don't know what the hell they were talking about. Forney sucks and Zach sucks, he gets too much publicity for nothing. We should have won, but we were just too young and inexperienced to take advantage of his mistakes. None of them players on their had anything on me or on most of the rest of our team.

Looks to me like they had about 4 runs on ya. It also looks to me like they'll have at least one more game on ya, considering that they'll be playing next week and you'll be sitting at home. Enjoy the rest the season.
J2K

pimpahoe789
05-12-2002, 04:56 PM
Hey J2K this is Evermans Def. Tackle and will you tell me one more time what happened.Because I really can't remember. I think Blantons sittin home watchin one saturday morning.

Jacket2000
05-12-2002, 09:43 PM
Yes, you are correct. You did beat Forney in the playoffs. But, it was far from a decisive victory. Nevertheless, you did defeat them. Congrats for that.
J2K

Matthew328
05-12-2002, 11:13 PM
LOL ok well if this is the catcher..I thought you guys had a great season and played Forney tough...you just didn't have enough offense...I didn't say you'd need to add a 3rd number to the scoreboard..and I am sure Jacket was saying that in jest...like I said I thought you guys had a great year...you just didn't have enough hitting..no shame in losing to Forney they are a good team..and if this the catcher I thought you had a great career Bryan and I hope you do well wherever you go to school at..

kaorder1999
05-13-2002, 07:27 AM
wow....someone sounds a little bitter. Forney sucks...wow...havent lost a district game since 97...Segovia sucks...wow...prolly drafted and signed at Miami....i'd sure hate to see a good team and a good HS pitcher!

MLBdream10
05-13-2002, 12:25 PM
Im not downing Forney, but there team is not very good. I think there baseball team is just like there football team. They have one star. We are very inexperienced and I think if we wouldn't have made any inexperienced mistakes we could of won the game. Zach was not overpowering we put the ball in play they just made routine plays. Our pitcher Jackie Davidson pitched a great game. If we had offense to support his good pitching we could of won. Also we didn't come through with crucial hits when the bases were loaded.

MLBdream10
05-13-2002, 12:30 PM
This is the 2nd baseman, I forgot to thank all of the people who doubted us and said the scoreboard only goes to 99, and "I hope they keep it close, LOL". That was a pretty funny reply MATT. I thought we kept the game pretty close. Well I guess if any of you guys would of came and watched instead of sittin at home thinkin of quotes to put about us.

Jacket2000
05-13-2002, 01:10 PM
Wow. Let's see, first the catcher and the DT, and now the 2nd basement. Before long we'll have the entire Everman athletic program on here.
J2K

Rabbit_93
05-13-2002, 01:22 PM
I was impressed by everman's athletic program after the win in football over Forney. There was a lot of class being shown. Now this. You three are turning my impression around. Learn to accept defeat gracefully.

coug81
05-13-2002, 01:29 PM
Forney did not play well Saturday but well
enough to win. They have had some injuries
this year that has slowed them but I can assure you they are not a one man team. The
2nd baseman has signed d1(2x3 sat. 3 steals)
(gold medal friday in 4x100) Shortstop signed
Jr. college and Zach with Miami. The centerfielder is hitting 400 and the catcher almost 500 against better comp. than you have seen. So before you pronounce them dead
you may want to see what happens. As for
the experience factor Forney has 5 new starters this year. So your excuse is a little weak. The right fielder for everman made 3 plays that saved 2 or 3 runs, good
athelete. But for you to say forney is a one
man team like football is ridiculous. Everman won with great team speed in football
in a very close game. So if we only had one good player why was it close.

kaorder1999
05-13-2002, 03:55 PM
Very true...if Forney was so much of a One-Man team why was it so close? Or...are you just waying that yall are that bad that yall got beat by a one man team. I agree about the last persons assessment about experience....Forney lost a lot last year and have played well this year despite inexperience at some positions. Even with a coaching change at the beginning of this season.

Just be proud that yall did lose to Forney, a respected team in Class 3A baseball, a team that has been to Austin the last Three years...it makes yall look a lot better!

And to say Forney isn't any good is just ludacris.....

Matthew328
05-13-2002, 04:39 PM
Ok MLBDream....I did say I hoped you guys kept it close..last year Forney made you guys look bad...If this is whom I think it is then you weren't on the team..but still it was ugly last year...I am glad you guys made a good showing Saturday....I think I did underestimate ya'll some...if you woulda had some hits who knows things may have been different..

MLBdream10
05-13-2002, 09:35 PM
Yea Matt you know who this is. Im not trying to talk noise or anything Im just sayin that no one looked at us all year. This might have been our best season yet and still no one did nothing but criticize us. How am I supposed to get a scholarship when people just criticise us and never give us no props. If we would of won then everyone would of said that we were lucky im just sayin that we need to get our props sometimes. Matt cuz you know how goodwe are and you need to let everyone else know we got some great players on our team. You just need to forget the catcher cuz he's just mad cuz it was his last highschool game. He leftt with a good note though. He was one of the best catchers Ive ever played with.

kaorder1999
05-14-2002, 07:05 AM
Thats the goofiest thing I've ever heard...how does people critisizing your team keep you from getting a scholarship? I don't think that the people who decide whether or not you get a scholarship really care what fans think. College coaches give the scholarships. They know best whether or not you can play, not the fans!

MLBdream10
05-14-2002, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999:
Thats the goofiest thing I've ever heard...how does people critisizing your team keep you from getting a scholarship? I don't think that the people who decide whether or not you get a scholarship really care what fans think. College coaches give the scholarships. They know best whether or not you can play, not the fans!

I was talking to Matthew328 not you.

kaorder1999
05-14-2002, 09:18 AM
I understand you weren't talking to me but I still ask you the question...what does what you say have anything to do with what people say on a message board about your team. Does it keep you from getting a scholarship? I just thought scouts went by what was done on the baseball field....not on message boards and chat rooms!

MLBdream10
05-14-2002, 12:21 PM
I understand what you're saying Im just mad because this was one of our best seasons and we still get no recognition. I understand what you're saying, and its true but we have talent on our team and no one knows it.

Matthew328
05-14-2002, 12:23 PM
You may be right...I don't think anyone gave you guys any credit all year...and who knows if Forney goes a long way it will make you guys look a lot better....BUT trust me the scouts could care less what me or anyone else on this board thinks..I think I would be givin our site way too much credit if we thought scouts actually read our message board! LOL Anyway you guys did great...I think if ya'll work hard this summer you can have an even better team next year

kaorder1999
05-14-2002, 01:33 PM
I agree, yall had a great season. But like Matthew328 says...if Forney does go a long way it makes yall look twice as good.

I didnt get to see you play this year but I did see Forney and the fact that yall played them to somewhat of a close game says a lot. Yall faced a VERY good pitcher and got some guys on base. Congrats on the great season and good luck in whatever you do in teh future!

BigDawg9
05-14-2002, 10:48 PM
Well let me try to get everything straight. I have read all the comments on this last game between Everman and Forney. I am the first baseman for Everman and I think it is time that I let my opinion be known and stop reading everyone else's. First off, I do want to congratulate Forney. Yall played a well fought game. I don't feel that yall beat us, though I will say that yall played a well fought game. You took advantage of our mistakes, and made us pay for them. The comment was made comparing the experience of the two teams. I feel that what my teammate was trying to say was not only are we exremely young (Out of the 14 players that ended with us this year, only 3 were seniors, 4 were juniors, and the rest, including myself, were all sophomores), but if you look back at our school's history you will realize that we were a 4a school only 2 years ago. We were an extremely small 4a school and never made the playoffs in baseball. Therefore none of our players have had any playoff experience until last year. Forney had said that they were inexperienced too because they lost 5 starters from last year. Well the truth is that we lost 4 of our starters. I and a couple of other players had to step up in a pressure situation and make the best out of it. One of our players had made the comment that Forney is a team carried by one man. Forney defended itself by naming all their potential "stars". I ask the person who made this comment to look outside of the team. When you hear of the Forney Jackrabbits you think of one player. Zach is the only name that comes to mind. I will not take anything away from the respected players that have reached such high statistics, but I will say that nobody knows about them. Forney's baseball team is just like their football team. Both were good teams, but they had one star player that made them great. If you took away that player then their chances of losing just doubled. I know that my team may not have gotten the recognition that some of the other schools get, but I feel that is because we are a team in the truest sense of the word, without any one player standing out like Zach Segovia. I will not take anything away from this Forney team. They beat us fair and square. My opinion is that if we would of had a series maybe the outcome of that playoff would of been different. I tip my hat to you Forney. Good job this year, but I will be counting the days until we get our rematch.

kaorder1999
05-14-2002, 11:54 PM
Nah...don't think so! Thats why y'all wanted a one-game series and not a three...yall knew yalls best chance was in one game! And I thought that taking advantage of other people's mistakes was a part of what makes a team good.

dzw116
05-15-2002, 12:35 AM
Whoa, Pardner!
Not everyone wanted a one game series- that was a coach's decision, not the team's. At least obviously not the first baseman's; And I do believe that there is a good chance Everman will see Forney again, or are you indicating that you don't think Forney will make the playoffs again anytime soon? With 7 sophomores and 4 juniors, Everman should have a pretty good chance to be fairly strong next year. BigDawg9 was giving his respect to Forney, but had a point about mistakes costing them the game. Sure, that's what good teams do (take advantage, that is), but without the mistakes, the game is a lot closer. I don't know whose decision it was to play only one game, but you can't deny that any team can have a bad game, or catch a few bad breaks, or even have the jitters once, but a three game series would have been a more accurate assessment as to who should have moved on.

rholl
05-15-2002, 09:00 AM
BIGDAWG9
Easy there when you say Everman never made playoffs as a 4A school. I know its old history to some of you. But believe it or not Everman made it to Austin back in 84.
Everman used to have some high powered baseball teams.

kaorder1999
05-15-2002, 10:43 AM
BIGDAWG....you might want to check on it but it was Everman, from what i hear, that chose the 1-game series....and yes...they, the coaches, thought that it was the best way to possibly knock off Forney....

And believe it or not, Segovia isn't the only talent that Forney has on that baseball field...there are several that are going to continue their baseball careers into college...catcher from last year is starting behind the plate for UT.....not too bad there...ummm...I think 4-5 other players from last year are on scholarship for baseball. Ummm....let's see....Forney lost a few starters last year, including Thigpen who is at UT....they lost Ty Patterson, All-State pitcher from last year, who transferred to nearby Mesquite....let's see....they lost their head coach Ronnie Ortegon...he took a coaching job in the minors....T.J. Gilmer is playing this year and is an all-state outfielder....state champion in track.....so...considering the losses I'd have to say that they have done one heck of a job winning and staying towards the top of 3A.......Haven't lost a district game since 1997.....and remember they play everybody twice....

Sure Forney hasn't won that team state championship yet but for a team to go to Ausin 3 years in a row and more than likely a 4th straight time this year isn't too bad!

[This message has been edited by kaorder1999 (edited May 15, 2002).]

MLBdream10
05-15-2002, 11:04 AM
A while back Everman was real good. Like when a star outfielder named Ellis Burks and a good pitcher named Jackie Davidson Jr. played for Everman. But Forney has some outstanding players. Zach is a real good pitcher and the best of luck to him and the rest of their players as their season continues.

[This message has been edited by MLBdream10 (edited May 15, 2002).]

BigDawg9
05-15-2002, 03:51 PM
First off. Everman has made the playoffs in its history, this is true. I never said they didnt, but I did say that in the recent history Everman never made it close to the playoffs. I was only looking as far as a couple of years ago. The point I was trying to get across was that nobody on our team had had any playoff experience before last season, including our coaches. If it was our coaches decision to make it a one game series it was not known to the team. Our team wanted a 3 game series. The coaches did not consult us on it. I also never said Forney never had any talent but one guy. What I said was that nobody knew who they were. These players may have been great but to us were never mentioned. The only person we knew about was Zach. I dont want to discourage anything that Forney has accomplished. They are a very good school with a very rich history and I wish them nothing but the best for the rest of this year and in the future.

rholl
05-15-2002, 03:56 PM
BigDawg9...I know what you meant, but your sentence did say something to the effect of Everman never making the playoffs. Some of us old guys just wanted a little credit. But really we were just messing with you.

Matthew328
05-15-2002, 09:53 PM
Once upon a time Everman was a baseball powerhouse....before last year the last playoff apperance was in 94...