PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City ahead as the most popular team in 3A

Old Cardinal
11-28-2002, 01:05 PM
On the Alan Outlook, there is a Texas Best Poll whereby people can vote on the most popular team in Texas. Well Bridge City won it last year and is leading again this year. I think it is great when people see a team showing both sportsmanship, teamwork and poise and choose to start following that team.

southern_thunder
11-28-2002, 03:37 PM
Unfortunately football isnt a popularity contest.
Goodluck Dawgs and Cards!!!!! Safe travel for the fans and injury free game for the kids.

Bulldog92
11-28-2002, 04:46 PM
We all know it's important to show class and sportsmanship. That's common sense. You guys in Bridge City are simply doing what you're supposed to do. An overwhelming majority of kids are the same way that go to other schools, so who cares if your school is more "popular"? I'm getting sick of all this posturing and propaganda coming from there and this may sound arrogant, but I'll be glad when the game's over and you guys have your tails between your legs wondering what just hit you. I've always tried to be even-keeled when it comes to pre-game chatter, but you Bridge City guys are ridiculous sometimes.

BigRed01
11-28-2002, 05:46 PM
Bulldog92:
We all know it's important to show class and sportsmanship. That's common sense. You guys in Bridge City are simply doing what you're supposed to do. An overwhelming majority of kids are the same way that go to other schools, so who cares if your school is more "popular"? I'm getting sick of all this posturing and propaganda coming from there and this may sound arrogant, but I'll be glad when the game's over and you guys have your tails between your legs wondering what just hit you. I've always tried to be even-keeled when it comes to pre-game chatter, but you Bridge City guys are ridiculous sometimes.Oh yea, I forgot, WE are the arrogant ones. The ones who do all the pre game chatter. I sure am glad you set us straight. :D :D

Old Cardinal
11-28-2002, 09:32 PM
You know BDog 92, We spend time bragging on our youth, a couple of you have a real distorted outlook. If we talk about our youth in any positive manner, we are not automatically saying something deragatory about YOUR schools youth, or any other youth. I am proud that the BC program is looked at in a good light, in fact a lot of programs have a lot of things that I admire. What a negative attitude you have displayed lately. As to our youth and adults "tucking out tails and leaving the Dome"-it wont happen! We have had a great year, a lot of rebuilding, had a new Coach, went further than any Poll projected and we can win or lose with dignity and maturity. Can YOU do the same if you lose-I DOUBT IT.

89Dawg
11-28-2002, 09:37 PM
BigRed01:

Bulldog92:
We all know it's important to show class and sportsmanship. That's common sense. You guys in Bridge City are simply doing what you're supposed to do. An overwhelming majority of kids are the same way that go to other schools, so who cares if your school is more "popular"? I'm getting sick of all this posturing and propaganda coming from there and this may sound arrogant, but I'll be glad when the game's over and you guys have your tails between your legs wondering what just hit you. I've always tried to be even-keeled when it comes to pre-game chatter, but you Bridge City guys are ridiculous sometimes.Oh yea, I forgot, WE are the arrogant ones. The ones who do all the pre game chatter. I sure am glad you set us straight. :D :D I am glad you finally see that! Yes some of Jasper's posters are arrogant about being the better team. Some of the Bridge City posters seem to be arrogant about being smarter, better disciplined, well rounded and now more popular. It is arrogance any way you look at it. At least the 'Jasper Arrogants' are on the subject of football. The Jasper fans are a little overly excited this year because they have never seen a team of this caliber. Good Luck to all Saturday and I wish everyone a safe journey and the both team good fair competition and no injuries. :D

Jasper 35
Bridge City 13

JKLL
11-28-2002, 09:55 PM
To OC, at the beginning of the year you people were all spouting off about a state championship. Ya'll talked about how awesome "the boys" have been thru-out there careers, dominating 3A and 4A competion alike. Well now you truely face legitamate "4A" competion and all you talk about is little scholars and boy scouts. Good to see that others beside me see thru your B.S. I am going to make a point to monitor your posts and correct all future half truths and misleading statements. You sir need to clean up your act. I am sure you will come back with something really "smart" considering your 4 degrees and all. So take your best shot.

spiveyrat
11-28-2002, 11:42 PM
Old Card:Most popular??? Who cares????????????? :rolleyes: And just what do you mean by some having a distorted outlook? As for Bdog92, I think he has shown much more poise and respect towards your posts than you deserve.

89Dawg: Great observation!

Kenny: It gets tiring, doesn't it!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

<small>[ November 28, 2002, 10:50 PM: Message edited by: spiveyrat ]</small>

Bulldog92
11-29-2002, 12:26 AM
There is a big difference between arrogance and objectivity. I call things the way I see them whether they have positive or negative effect towards Jasper. I'm not arrogant (or negative) in any way, shape, or form. This board is better with you, OC, and I usually support your opinions because you look out for the well-being of the kids and fan base that you're a part of. It sounds as though you might think those kids are superior as people when they're not any different than kids anywhere else. That's not fair. The kids in Jasper work just as hard and want to win just as badly as Bridge City, Newton, or any other town in Texas. Everyone works hard and wants to be winners. Not everyone is fortunate to have the kind of talent that the remaining teams have and it's an exciting time for the people in those communities. We should be proud of that and keep the focus on the football field and not on opinions of where the better kids come from.

Bulldog92
11-29-2002, 12:35 AM
I re-read your last post, OC. I overreacted a little in the statement I just posted because of something you wrote that I misinterpreted. I apologize for that. I've always tried to be fair and this is no different. Anyways, I do remember several situations where I interacted with Bridge City kids when I was in school...and you have plenty of good reason to have pride. They are good kids. I still think we need to keep the focus on the field, though. Can we just kick the darn thing off already? Jasper 30, BC 17 :D

JasperDog94
11-29-2002, 01:17 AM
When it's all said and done and all the smoke clears, the only thing that matters is who takes the rings home. THAT'S the most popular team because THAT'S the team that goes down in the record books and THAT'S what people remember.

Bulldog92
11-29-2002, 01:52 AM
Well put, 94. Couldn't say it any better. Hopefully, that team will be our Dogs...

Old Cardinal
11-29-2002, 10:10 AM
I think maybe we have all mis-interperted each other and maybe added to, our thoughts, of what he is "really saying". Peace to all of you, except maybe a comment or two for JKLL and Thunder. Thunder, please re-read what I said. I question your reading comprehension...I said that I had undergraduate, and graduate degrees, the types, that put you in position to earn 4 times what a Coach can earn. It was not meant to be a statement of arrogance, I feel sorry for some Coaches out there trying to sell Amway in the off season. I should have never have breached the subject, it was two easy to mis-interpert.....To JKLL, I have tried to uphold the standards set by the administrators (BearCat, Matt 328, Jacket) to spend more time complimenting my home team as opposed to slam-dunking the opponent. Yes JKLL, I spent time telling folks about "the Boys" who went 25-0 in Jr. Hi. and 9th grade against 4A. There are just seven left to face Jasper- in their NINTH playoff appearance. Seven others will be on the sidelines who have received season ending injuries. JKLL, Again you made remarks that hurt, I have never mentioned Boy Scouts; however, I will, since you made a smart remark about Boy Scouts.. Jason Myers(# 17)a 150#er, will receive his Eagle Scout award two weeks after the Jasper game. Now Jason has dislexia(a problem with words and letters showing up backwards, on the printed page) All testing shows he is a very smart youth. Jason was always on the "B" team from the 7th grade up, he was so small; however, he has played in every game some as a Senior- much more as others have gone down with injuries. Now JKLL, wouldn't it be ironic if that little Eagle Scout, split end, who has perserverence against a number of deficiencies were to catch the winning TD. Old Men can dream can't they? I will not apologise for having good things to say about my team, I just wish some of you would have said more good things about your team. Both of these teams I will assure you are out to win that covented State Title: may the best team win and the losers urge their victors on.

Cardinalbb
11-29-2002, 10:29 AM
Let me tell you how I see it. (Even though you didn't ask!) Remember, growing up, and getting in a knock down drag ut fight with your brother or best friend? Remember how you came away respecting the other, arms around each other. Remember how you would take up for the other one if they ever got in a bind? Well guess what...That is the scene between Jasper and BC. Two good teams from each others back yard, coming together for a fight. After it's over...no matter who wins will have the support of the other, and watch their backs! So just remember this when we are all knifing back and forth. Once the knifes are in their sheaths we'll be licking each others wounds as we walk side by side off the field.
It's always been a good matchup. Let's just enjoy it that the best two teams left in this region is being represented by southeast Texas.....Brothers?

bulldog_man
11-29-2002, 11:21 AM
ill amen that one

eye of the tiger
11-29-2002, 02:03 PM
Congrats Old Card. It is real tribute to the school and the community. Good luck Saturday against Jaser.

spiveyrat
11-29-2002, 02:09 PM
good analogy, cardinalbb.

BigRed01
11-29-2002, 08:44 PM
Old Cardinal:
On the Alan Outlook, there is a Texas Best Poll whereby people can vote on the most popular team in Texas. Well Bridge City won it last year and is leading again this year. I think it is great when people see a team showing both sportsmanship, teamwork and poise and choose to start following that team.I read this thing and read it. Why the hostilies. It's a simple poll that you click on to support your team. The quote is not saying all the teams are bad, or dumb, or worthless. I read it as Bridge City has won the most popular team. Pretty simple stuff. Some of you need to get a grip.