PDA

View Full Version : Bridgeport-Gainesville

The One
09-22-2002, 08:06 PM
This should be one of the top games in the state this weekend. This is going to be a great game that will have one of the top offenses against one of the top defenses in class 3A and you better believe the Bridgeport coaching staff will have their kids ready to play. Has anyone seen Gainesville play? I have heard that they are fast but that none of their opponents have really been physical with them. You can look for the Bulls to be very physical on Friday night. Lets see how Gainesville handles it. Prediction to come later in the week.

PPHSfan
09-22-2002, 08:39 PM
I have seen Gainsville play and I have seen Bridgeport play and I will tell you this. Gainsville has a running back named Searcey that is alot like Sammy Salas that you have already seen, early in the Pilot Point game. They also have a kicker that can boot 50 yrd. field goals all day long ( they got him off the soccer team, and this is all he does ). Gainsville also has a great defense that has allowed 26 points in four games this year. Now for the other side of the Coin, Bridgeport will have success againts their defense with Daugherty and put points on the board. But watch out because Gainsville has a tough running game and will look to beat you controlling the clock. It should be a Great game, but I don't look for it to be a real high scoring game like alot of folks are predicting.

My pick...Bridgeport 28 Gainsville 24

Good Luck Bulls

sinton66
09-22-2002, 08:46 PM
Wow, this is one of only two that Bridgeport is picked as the underdog on Data Poll. They have Gainsville by +4. I would consider this a toss-up. I'm going to lean toward Bridgeport in a tight game by 3.

slpybear the bullfan
09-22-2002, 09:38 PM
One,

I am going to follow your lead and percolate a little on this one - my prediction will be later this week as well.

I am figuring that this will be one of those "earn it" games for the Bulls. You want the high ranking? you want the talk of December games? you want to be up there in the elite?

...then all you have to do is keep winning.

Earn it Bulls. Just earn it.

slpybear "Dang, I wish every so often I would have been a coach" the Bullfan

ps - or a motivational speaker... living in van... DOWN BY THE RIVER!!!

TwoBRockin
09-23-2002, 12:11 AM
I believe I will agree with the rest of you and that this could be the top game of the week. However I will lean towards Bridgeport by 14. If our DEFENSE can continue to show improvement. And if a couple of hurt D player return... My concern is our kicking game. We need to place the ball a little farther down the field. It would be nice to see some land about the 5 or 10 yard line, and let them earn any points that they may get. This game will be tough - what will the coaches do this week to get them ready......?

TwoBRockin
09-23-2002, 12:14 AM
I believe I will agree with the rest of you and that this could be the top game of the week. However I will lean towards Bridgeport by 14. If our DEFENSE can continue to show improvement. And if a couple of hurt D player return... My concern is our kicking game. We need to place the ball a little farther down the field. It would be nice to see some land about the 5 or 10 yard line, and let them earn any points that they may get. This game will be tough - what will the coaches do this week to get them ready......?

Ozzy
09-23-2002, 02:16 PM
I'll be there with my family. The kids wanted to see some wholesome activities for a change. I believe Gainesville will win by a frickin point or two due to their special teams dominance. I was going to go to San Antonio go a game, but I'm still banned for peeing on the alamo!

---------------------------------------------

"Can you help me occupy my brain?"

bulldog65
09-23-2002, 02:41 PM
I like Bridgeport, but not by much. Gainsville looks very dangerous and could control the clock with their ground game. Should be a heck-of-a game!

eye of the tiger
09-23-2002, 05:40 PM
Bridgeport by 10

The One
09-23-2002, 08:49 PM
This is going to be a good game. Look for this game to be really close at half. I agree Gainesville will try to control the ball on the ground and run out the clock. This should be the first game that we will see the starters for a full 4 quarters. This will also be a game that Daughtery will get his first 400yd game of the year. I expect WR Nichols and RB Young to have big games. The Ofensive line will have to have a big game, if they give Daughtery time, then look out! In the end I think the Bulls will be too physical and will have just too much offensive firepower for Gainsville. I predict Bridgeport will own the 3rd and 4th quarters.

Prediction
Bridgeport 48
Gainesville 35

Keith7
09-23-2002, 10:05 PM

[This message has been edited by Keith7 (edited September 25, 2002).]

The One
09-23-2002, 10:07 PM
If you hold us to 6 pts then you will have accomplished something that hasnt been done since week 4 last year when Niceville (6a from Florida) beat the bulls 55-6. I cant picture Gainesville D any better then Commerce last year and they held us to 28. I promise you Bridgeport scores at least 5 TDS and thats going light.

[This message has been edited by The One (edited September 23, 2002).]

Keith7
09-23-2002, 10:17 PM

G'ville-PL
09-23-2002, 10:23 PM
Let Bridgeport people think what they want to. Just because they have a better ranking doesn't mean anything. Come Friday Night we will know who is the best team out of these 2 and who will be ranked in the top 10 and who won't.
Gainesville-17
Bridgeport-7

slpybear the bullfan
09-23-2002, 10:27 PM
Gainesville better have more than ONE good DB... PD has 4 great targets and three more that aren't that far behind.

As far as I am concerned we have never seen a better defense than Commerce last year... and we hung with them until late. AFTER we let them out of the gates.

I stick by my original comments. The Bulls WILL score beaucoup points. Gainesville will bring a good rushing attack. But, the game will be won or lost by the Bulls Defensive Backfield.

BTW, I have heard from observers who have watched both teams and the opinion so far is Bridgeport by quite a few. I don't trust 'em, LOL, but we will see how it shakes out.

My prediction...

BULLS 46
Leopards 21

Grind it out offense can't keep up with Bulls O. One DB does not a showstopper make. G'ville speed is matched by B'port speedy receivers. And last but not least... B'port rushing game is not high on yards, but makes decisive plays.

That's my prognosticating, for what it is worth...

Slpybear

(Yeah, I know... call me crazy.)

TwoBRockin
09-23-2002, 10:28 PM
We must forgive the people who didn't know that Bridgeport played Niceville, Florida and they are a 6A school that has over 2200 students, a team with a deep pool of players and has on the average 6 players that are picked up to play Divison 1 College ball. A defense unlike any most will ever see. And PD has see alot of different D..... If our offensive line comes to play Gainsville be prepared to play FOOTBALL. There is a reason that Bridgeport is ranked in the top 10....

Keith7
09-23-2002, 11:09 PM

The One
09-24-2002, 12:50 AM
I didn't realize Gainesville had so many players that were better then 4.5 speed!

Keith7
09-24-2002, 12:19 PM

this is the way we ball
09-24-2002, 01:54 PM
Speed doesn't always overcome scheme. There are lot's of teams with speed that don't win.

MFin
09-24-2002, 02:28 PM
Just let me say to all Gainesville fans that predicted a score of 24-6 that holding Daugherty and the Bulls to 6 points is chimerical at best. Daugherty could throw a football through a Cheerio. I am not saying, however, that the Bulls will win or even that it will be a close game, but the Bulls won't be held to 6 points.

Now for something that pains me to talk about, but here goes (and keep in mind that this information could be wrong):

I have been hearing that ever since Daugherty's injury last week at Boyd, he hasn't practiced a single down, and that he is very doubtful for this weeks game.

I hope that it is just a nasty rumor.

If not, I expect to be doing a lot of wincing come Friday night.

TwoBRockin
09-24-2002, 07:12 PM
Ok today is just Tuesday, This all week stuff about PD not doing practice. Let's give him a couple of days to ensure his ankle is sound. Wednesday-Thursday are enough practice for a player of this quality. Will be a close game and I agree this could be the game of the week in this area......

TwoBRockin
09-24-2002, 07:35 PM
Ok now that the dream is over... Guess who will be playing friday ? That's right PD will be in the game.... And he has practice some on monday.....

bigbullbacker
09-24-2002, 07:49 PM
I can't wait till Kickoff. I think its goin to be close B'port 20 Gainsville 6 (no xtra pt.) LOL Yeah Baby

Keith7
09-24-2002, 09:33 PM

TwoBRockin
09-24-2002, 09:41 PM
if your prediction doesn't work out I hope you will be back... It is nice to have a player on the boards talking.. Have a nice week we will talk after the game whom ever may win. GOOD LUCK !!!!

The One
09-24-2002, 09:45 PM
I agree TWO, please Keith if your prediction doesnt come true come back. I promise if we lose Friday I will be here on Friday night eating my crow pie. I hope you will have the courtesy to do the same.

BullsFan
09-24-2002, 09:46 PM
Just to be honest, Keith, I hope with all my heart your prediction is totally WRONG. http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/wink.gif But either way, let's all hope that neither team suffers injuries. Hopefully we'll meet back here to talk about it after the game...

G'ville-PL
09-24-2002, 09:46 PM
I can't wait till yall lose so yall can blame it on yalls little QB's ankle.

slpybear the bullfan
09-24-2002, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by G'ville-PL:
I can't wait till yall lose so yall can blame it on yalls little QB's ankle.

Nice post G'ville PL... Glad to see each town has some real talented folks who have access to a computer. geez....

Rest assured, no matter what happens we stand behind the Bulls, as you should behind your Leopards.

How about coming to my recent topic and have a meaningful post about the game?

slpybear

G'ville-PL
09-24-2002, 09:51 PM
But by the way I'd rather him be 100% so it'll be a great game. We'll see if the saying Defense wins championships is true in this one, cuz Gainesville has the edge in that, but Bridgeport has a much better Offense.

The One
09-24-2002, 09:52 PM
Gainesville Fan or player, it is no secret the sucess this season lies in the hands or should I say arm of PD. Saying that if he is the slight bit injured the coaches will not take a chance with him, especially in a game that really doesnt matter. In conclusion if he plays Friday then he is 100% and there will be no excuses from this Fan. Anything can happen on any given Friday!

slpybear the bullfan
09-24-2002, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by The One:
I will be here on Friday night.

ONE... BULLSFAN... I still need one of you two lovely people to come through for me on Saturday and roll tape on the game.

Puuuhhhlllleeeeaaaasssseeeee!!!! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif

Also BullsFan, I really will need some cellphone updates as we drive down to Austin. Do you think you can get your's a good charge and phone in after every quarter or big score?

I am reallllllyyyy in debted to you guys for this...

Slpybear

The One
09-24-2002, 09:55 PM
I have got tape covered Slpy, if fan cant come through on the cell phone leave me your # and I will keep you posted.

BullsFan
09-24-2002, 09:55 PM
slpybear, you know I got your back. I'll roll tape myself, since the house where tape can be rolled will be empty. I'll also make sure the cell is nice and charged. (Hopefully I won't be too worked up about the game to call. I'm already feeling nervous--and it's only Tuesday.)

slpybear the bullfan
09-24-2002, 10:12 PM
BullsFan, One,

MUCHOS GRACIAS http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif

I am much indebted to you to.

One, I pm'd you on the pig. Fan, I will hollar at you tomorrow. I know RagingBullsFan will feel the same way.

slpybear

TwoBRockin
09-24-2002, 10:56 PM
Just found that of all 5A, 4A, and 3A. Bridgeport (5) vs Gainsville (10) are the only teams in there class and of the top ten in all classes that are playing against each other... This should be the Top Game In The State.. Should be like a play-off game or something. What do the rest of ya think ??? And it is homecoming for Bridgeport. Standing room only.. Glad that I am a season ticket holder. Some players that have gone on to college this year are coming in friday for the game. One defense and one offense currently going to TT... Some of these players helped in a BIG way to get Bridgeport where they are today !!!!

The One
09-24-2002, 10:59 PM
Glad I didnt sell my tickets when I heard PD was questionable, hehe, yeah right! This will be huge. Lets hope no one gets hurt!

G'ville-PL
09-24-2002, 11:03 PM
I've been thinking the same thing all week long. I think Big Game Friday on Ch.5 should feature this game. #5 Bridgeport and #10 Gainesville. Bridgeport will be one very packed house come Friday night.

BportFan
09-25-2002, 10:40 PM
Why Bport wins - They have played numerous teams with speed and great defensive backs (See Hillsboro, Crane, Kennedale, Commerce) and have experienced success against all of them. This is a veteran group and they know what it takes in big games. Coach Henson will put them in the position to succeed. The question is can Gainesville pressure PD by rushing only five? Commerce did and was successful thus they won. I do not know but I would say Gainesvilles DL is not better than that Commerce DL from last year. Good Luck to both teams and drive safely! Bridgeport - 42
Gainesville - 30

The One
09-25-2002, 11:29 PM
There is no doubt this is a vetran team that proved last year they can get up for a big game. This is definatley a big game. The difference is last year we didnt have a bullseye on our back and this year we do. Good outlook for the game Bfan I agree and I predict the same kind of outcome.

bigbullbacker
09-26-2002, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by The One:
I didn't realize Gainesville had so many players that were better then 4.5 speed!HEY WERE GOIN TO A FOOTBALL GAME NOT A TRACK MEET.............

G'ville-PL
09-26-2002, 11:06 PM
Yall ready Bulls, speaking for myself and none of the players I am ready to go watch this game. It'll be a damn good one.

The One
09-26-2002, 11:22 PM
Cant hardley wait, I already at the stadium holding my seat!!

slpybear the bullfan
09-26-2002, 11:31 PM
uhhh... yeah, I can hardly wait as well. I am already holding my cellphone!

Dang... this is gonna be tough!

slpybear