PDA

View Full Version : A Mock Relaignment

Matthew328
07-10-2003, 12:37 PM
Here is how one person would realign districts and adding Class 6A.....This is based on 2002 numbers and not taking into account the many new schools opening up in 2004..ie Arlington Seguin, Garland Sasche, Frisco Centennial, Mansfield Timberview...that is just 4 in DFW...

http://www.fridaynighthistory.com/mockalign2.html

Ranger Mom
07-10-2003, 01:07 PM
Hmmmmm.....I wonder when this was done?? They STILL have Presidio in the lineup.

If this was to be a reality, we would be back to playing our nemesis...Crane! :D

EL GO TO
07-10-2003, 03:29 PM
There is no way the UIL would ever do anything that makes as much sense as this. I would love to see this happen just to see Old Feather Breath squirm.

EL GOT TO GO

Keith7
07-10-2003, 03:39 PM
i noticed sherman and denison would be moved out of the same district.. thats a huge rivalry that would be removed

Old Dog
07-10-2003, 04:02 PM
It looks like it was an academic exercise in number comparison with no other consideration. Nobody would actually do it that way, except maybe the ...............UIL!!! Sorry, I let my distaste for the UIL methodology show again!

Each night before bedtime I repeat to myself 50 times, "I love the two divisions in each classification system". I can't say it's helped yet, but my wife does tell me to shut up and go to sleep!

<small>[ July 10, 2003, 04:12 PM: Message edited by: Old Dog ]</small>

Old Cardinal
07-10-2003, 08:32 PM
Thats interesting but the realignment is, at this point approx. 450-850 for 3A...I would hope the they will have 7 teams per District across the State. The reason for the change is that a lot of greater metro-area schools are getting larger and a lot of smaller schools are consolidating and need to move to a higher classification.

mustang04
07-10-2003, 09:33 PM
i like it....puts us back playing abilene wylie in district, still have snyder, but also puts us back in 4a...which i dunno would be good or bad

BH_146
07-10-2003, 10:38 PM
Just at a glance, who ever put this together needs to study geography a little more. They have Barbers Hill traveling through Lumberton to play Jasper while Lumberton would pass by BH to play Houston schools. Well, on second thought, perhaps they are members of the UIL realignment council?

big daddy russ
07-11-2003, 02:46 AM
Down in District 28, Aransas Pass' closest opponent would be Palacios, an hour away. Industrial and Edna are both about an hour and a half and Rice is almost two hours. Meanwhile, Ingleside (whose high school sits about 4 miles away from the Aransas Pass high school) would be paired with Premont (an hour, 45 minutes away) and George West (an hour and a half away). GW was in our district a couple of years ago, but they're kinda hard to place because they're so far away from everybody. I can see them belonging. Premont, on the other hand, should probably go down to District 31. They're farther south and west than Orange Grove and Bishop and farther west than Falfurrias (albeit about the same driving time). You could even put OG in District 30, considering that them and Mathis are only about 10 miles apart and have a healthy little rivalry. Good thought behind the realignment, though.