PDA

View Full Version : Number 1 overall player

CHS_DT38
11-12-2001, 11:58 PM
Who do you think is the best overall player in 3-A?

vfunk
11-13-2001, 02:15 AM
Dabryan Blanton...he makes Forney the #1 team...he can run and catch...and get everyone to key on him. hell...he can prally throw if given the chance!!!

eye of the tiger
11-13-2001, 09:09 AM
I agree,Blanton is the best.

fury900
11-13-2001, 09:56 AM
Vernon Bernard Scoott can run & throw it good if given the chance and get everyone to key on him

FBFAN
11-13-2001, 11:25 AM
I cannot "compare" too many players around the state, since we only get to see our own team and the teams we play against. The best overall player in my opinion has been Danny Ruth, tailback at Abilene Wylie. He's led the team in rushing and receiving the last 2 years, and even thrown for 2 TD's. Plays some at LB when the game is on the line as a stopper. They've been 14-1, 10-0 the last 2 years and he's a big reason for their success. Again, I know this is biased since we have seen only 25 other teams the last 2 years. Has to be one of the best, but it's hard to say anybody is THE best when they don't play against each other.

bigdawg
11-13-2001, 11:42 PM
Randall Pritchett of Abilene Wylie. He can run, catch, throw, tackle. This kid's a machine. I'd put him against Blanton any day, even though he may not be as fast.

Adidas410s
11-14-2001, 12:40 AM
BIGDAWG,
While your comment was rather sarcastic, I found it somewhat funny actually.

Jacket2000
11-14-2001, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by BIGDAWG:
Randall Pritchett of Abilene Wylie. He can run, catch, throw, tackle. This kid's a machine. I'd put him against Blanton any day, even though he may not be as fast.

May not be as fast? That is a gross understatement, my friend. While Im sure the other nominations are good players, DaBryan Blanton is absoultely dominating the competition. The only team to come anywhere near containing him was Commerce; and if you call 100+ yards containing him, well that should say enough. When the 3A MVP is awarded,it would damn near be a crime to award it anyone else. With Blanton, Forney is 10-0 with one team actually challenging them.Without Blanton, 7-3 at best, probably 6-4. This kid is amazing.
J2K

Adidas410s
11-14-2001, 01:26 AM
So if Mabank will just kick him in the junk a whole bunch then maybe they might have a slim chance to take the game!!!!

Jacket2000
11-14-2001, 08:22 AM
Possibly, but they'll have to catch him to do it.

Endword
11-14-2001, 12:34 PM
I have not seen Blanton play, but understand he must be the "real deal". Looking ahead, what are his post high school options. Does he have the size? grades? attitude? needed for D1 ball? Obviously speed is not an issue.

grayfox
11-14-2001, 01:35 PM
Thurman Blake of Barbers Hill

QBKilla
11-14-2001, 02:02 PM
I would have to say Thurman Blake of Barbers Hill. The kid is a machine. I've played against him many times. As well as many other excellent players. He blocks as well as anybody in the state and runs just as hard. By the fourth quarter it is almost sad to watch the defense try to tackle this kid. He pummels them for three quarters and then walks to paydirt in the fourth(if he is even in, most of the time he is sitting because of a blow out) . He has over 1200 yards and 21 touchdowns from the fullback position and would undoubtedly have much more if Barbers Hill didn't have such a talented tail back in the backfield along with him. Who himself has over 1100 yards and around 15 touchdowns. Oh and I almost forgot he also comes in at LB when the game is on the line or in three LB sets. Good luck to him in the playoffs.

[This message has been edited by QBKilla (edited November 14, 2001).]

playpepper
11-14-2001, 02:18 PM
Although stats are all you have to compare players by it is such an abberation as to real worth of a player. Blanton has tons of yards and TD's while only playing in a half to maybe three quarters in 8 games this year. He is my vote for the best but let me say that the best player in TX must prove it in the playoffs.

Super Joe
11-14-2001, 02:56 PM
I can't deny that Blanton is great. But Massey from Hillsboro is the best back I've seen. His speed and Power are amazing. If he had a good line, Hillsboro would have a real good chance at going far this year. As far as strait running, Massey over Blanton any day.

Specklebelly
11-14-2001, 03:41 PM
Why even post this topic this year? All it will do is stir up the Forney crowd, and they should be stirred up if anyone even attempts to argue there is a better 3A player right now than Blanton. There are some kids on my team I feel are darn good but there's no way Blanton isn't the best. Its stupid to even argue the point, just look at the numbers and the team record. They speak for themselves.

Super Joe
11-14-2001, 08:27 PM
Records and numbers dont always mean "best." An amazing back wit ha crapy line gets nothing. A crappy back with an amazing line can get yards. Not to say Blanton is crappy, he is a great back. But, If Massey had a great O-Line he would absolutely run over everyone. He has size speed and power. I dont think that Blanton could beat him if he had a good line like Blanton does. I'm not from Hillsboro, so I'm not just being biased toward him. But, I've seen him play and he is like a freight train, one person usually doenst stop him. You need a few or youre on your back in pain.

deliriousmaniac
11-14-2001, 10:31 PM
I agree with you SuperJoe, I've been watching film on you guys and I watched the Hillsboro game and you are correct in saying that he was a great back, breaking numerous tackles. The kid was very good, the difference between Massey and Blanton seemed to me that Blanton has speed and gets a break and booom he's gone. Massey is more of a run you over back, he's got speed don't doubt that, but he will take a man on and roll him over instead of breaking for the sidelines. I look forward to seeing you out on the field Friday night SuperJoe, good luck!

Matthew328
11-15-2001, 01:48 AM
I dunno if Blanton is the best but he is the most valuable!! Without him Forney is just another team...with him Forney is the team to beat!

REBEL
11-15-2001, 11:45 AM
Freddie Rollins of McGregor was the leading rusher in Central Texas after district play averaging 8.3 yards per carry. I think his total after 10 games was right around 1500 yards(awesome, especially in possibly the toughest district in the state 17AAA). On top of all this he is only a Junior,& its rumored McGregor is dropping to 2A! They turned in 338

Super Joe
11-15-2001, 02:47 PM
I can definately agree with that delirious. Are you from Aledo?? If so, how's Kyle Stallons? We used to play baseball together. I look forward to the game on Friday. It'll be a good'n.

Super Joe
11-15-2001, 06:02 PM
Thats a great point Matthew328. I agree. Blanton is most valuble. I think if thier circumstances were the same, then Massey could be the better back.

JBS013300
11-15-2001, 06:09 PM
Blanton, no doubt makes Forney the team to beat...and he is the best in the state. I personally think his post-high school plans are to run track at UT. That's the rumor at school anyways. Last year after he smoked the field in the 200 M in Austin, the UT staff offered him a full ride ON THE SPOT. Blanton for 3A MVP!!!!!!!

REBEL II
11-15-2001, 08:33 PM
No doubt about it Massey and Rollins are studs, men among boys.Does he play both ways? I heard he's a stud at the plate. Rollins will be awesome if Mcgregor goes 2A. but I assure you, you can't run from good coaching it will be in 2A also. This is 2001 soon to be 2002.
The best overall player.......you would have to consider players who dominate both ways.
John Ray of Giddings WR/FS is dominate both sides of the ball, unlike some he is in top condition and can play every down both sides.
Chris Daniels is possibly the best 3A receiver in the state, not to mention possibly the best cover corner. Chris, by the way will win the Class 3A Triple Jump this year, and therefore will get all the attention of college football scouts! Chris are you listening? Corey Moore is a dominate running back and outside linebacker he's the only player on Giddings team that makes more plays than John or Chris. Michael Jones when healthy could play for most anyone, ugh that's LB/RB. Chris Winn is a Dominate FB/SS-LB, with a BLOODLINE that most Kentucky Derby Horse ownwers would be proud of! The word around 18AAA is out this team is loaded. But the Best 3A player lb/ for lb/ just may be Marshall Umlang. So keep your eye open for this one he's C/DT. Powerful/ becoming Dominate and a great kid!

sinfan75
11-15-2001, 09:07 PM
If this is about the best all-around player,one of the best in 3AAA is Marcus Charles of Sinton!Top rusher for Sinton,top receiver,returns punts,returns kick-offs and also plays cornerback.I'm not sayin he's the best but he's in the top ten.Bonafide all-stater!

deliriousmaniac
11-15-2001, 11:04 PM
Yea SuperJoe i play for Aledo, I start on the offensive line. Kyle is doing great we go way back to kindergarten. When did you play with him? I'll look for yah after the game come say hello to a fellow Down Lower, Get ready for it because the Bearcats are bringing it!

Bevo45
11-16-2001, 12:19 AM
There are many great RB's in 3A but I have to mention Mark Patino from Lake Worth. This guy is awesome. As a sophomore last year he had over 1500 yards leading LW deep into the playoffs. This year he ran for over 1700 yards and along with a great defense led LW to its first perfect season in 30 years. Last week he ran for 272 yards on 18 carries and 4 TDs. Hopefully he can carry that momentum into the playoffs.