PDA

View Full Version : Carthage Baseball

ThaRealBulldog
02-09-2003, 03:19 PM
Carthage's varsity baseball team is looking better than expected, I watched them scrimage Elysian Fields who is usually pretty good in 2a, but we smoked them I think the score was 30-2, 4real. We have more depth at pitching than expected and I knew our batting was gunna be good. Some guys have really stepped up their game. The Bulldogs will be in the hunt this year 4sure.

WeAreCCB
02-09-2003, 06:14 PM
That's right. Carthage looked great against EF. I look for them to have another great season as they always do.

Old Cardinal
02-09-2003, 08:48 PM
Can you guys give us your other scrimmages, tournaments, early schedule? Keep us posted! Sounds like you skipped a beat last year but are back in the hunt for this year.

ThaRealBulldog
02-09-2003, 09:32 PM
Old Cardinal, I'll post the schedule tomorow and some of the best players for this season. Im on jv baseball so I'll keep everyone updated with everything goin on with Carthage Baseball

Old Cardinal
02-10-2003, 12:18 AM
To The Real Bulldog: You might want to send your info via e-mail to Larry Bodin at larrybodin@msn.com -- he is the editor of the Texas HS baseball magazine and wants the info for future publications. Carthage likes it's baseball, right?

TarponPride2003
02-10-2003, 09:57 AM
Well lets hope that Carthage does as well as you say it will...wins against 2A schools do not impress me as much as wins againts good 4A or 5A schools..but then again thats my opinion....and to beat a team 30-2...damn your coach must have left all the starters in the whole time...here in Port Isabel our coach forbids running up the score on any team..unlesss its the playoffs..hehe...Good luck to all in the 2003 Baseball Season!

WeAreCCB
02-10-2003, 08:25 PM
Tarpon for one Coach Lee is a class act and never runs up the score. He didn't leave the starters in it was a scrimage! Also our schedule is very tough almsot all our predistrict games are against 5a and 4a teams I will post it as soon as I can get a varsity schedule. We always play good compitition and we have big tradition here in baseball. Anyone who knows anything about 4a baseball will know about us.

TarponPride2003
02-10-2003, 10:22 PM
You said that your coach never runs up the score?....I thought you guys won 30-2 well is that considered a close game to you then?...lol im just kiddin...i dont know anything about your coach so I am not gonna say anything about him....well lets see if "Carthage Tradition" can stand strong here in 3a baseball....Good luck to all teams in the 2003 baseball season!

WeAreCCB
02-10-2003, 10:32 PM
I said it was a scrimage they didnt keep score. Someone in the stands was and they said if they WERE KEEPING SCORE it would of been 30-2.

TarponPride2003
02-11-2003, 09:37 AM
Ohhh I see...well you didnt mention earlier that someone in the STANDS said that if they kept score it would have been like 30-2...what district is Carthage in and what competition do they have in their district?