10-26-2003, 07:21 PM
any predictions on this game?

duckbutter
10-27-2003, 10:41 AM
kirbyville 14
diboll 12

Diboll_Lumberjackk
10-27-2003, 11:29 AM
hey what was the kirbyville jasper score again?

mistanice
10-27-2003, 11:34 AM
45-18?

Diboll_Lumberjackk
10-27-2003, 11:38 AM
oh okay just checkin that for the k-vill fans.

mistanice
10-27-2003, 11:39 AM
ohhhhhhhhhh, I see what you mean.

St. Ivender
10-27-2003, 11:40 AM
Diboll 17
Kirbyville 16

A real slug-fest
If it were in Kirbyville I'd go the other way.

<small>[ October 27, 2003, 10:41 AM: Message edited by: St. Ivender ]</small>

Wildcat81
10-27-2003, 11:50 AM
K-ville has to play well,no turn overs to let Diboll score.Be agressive on Defense and offense. :D

JasperDog94
10-27-2003, 12:53 PM
Wildcat81,

Great posts. Way to go above some of the negative posts made by some Diboll fans. You are one of downlow's best. :D

JasperDog94
10-27-2003, 12:56 PM
...but I'll use their logic to illustrate a point.

Baylor beats Colorado (close game)
Oklahoma beats Colorado (close game)
Texas thrashes Baylor (56-0?)
Texas should beat Okalhoma right? WRONG!!!

The moral of the story is...It doesn't matter what the team's record is or how bad they lost to another team. You'd better be ready to play ball, or you might just get your rear end handed to you. :p

St. Ivender
10-27-2003, 01:54 PM
JasperDog94:
...but I'll use their logic to illustrate a point.

Baylor beats Colorado (close game)
Oklahoma beats Colorado (close game)
Texas thrashes Baylor (56-0?)
Texas should beat Okalhoma right? WRONG!!!

The moral of the story is...It doesn't matter what the team's record is or how bad they lost to another team. You'd better be ready to play ball, or you might just get your rear end handed to you. :p To take that logic a little farther:

Jasper beats Nacogdoches 28-6
Newton beats Nacogdoches 46-14
Newton consequently should have beaten Jasper by 2 touchdowns, didn't happen.

mistanice
10-27-2003, 02:00 PM
I see what you're saying Jasperdog. Ok, I really think thats mostly true in the NFL. If the cheifs aren't ready to play then, let's say, the Lions could pull of a win. You just never know. They're all professionals and they are in the NFL for a reason. Let's jump down to the high school level. Huntington is 0-8 and they have never made the playoffs in their school history. Let's imagine they went vs Burnet this year who are undefeated. Im my opinion I really dont think if even huntingonton played to their fullest potential they could beat Burnet. Just never see it happening. What do you think?

Compudyne
10-27-2003, 02:08 PM
mistanice:
I see what you're saying Jasperdog. Ok, I really think thats mostly true in the NFL. If the cheifs aren't ready to play then, let's say, the Lions could pull of a win. You just never know. They're all professionals and they are in the NFL for a reason. Let's jump down to the high school level. Huntington is 0-8 and they have never made the playoffs in their school history. Let's imagine they went vs Burnet this year who are undefeated. Im my opinion I really dont think if even huntingonton played to their fullest potential they could beat Burnet. Just never see it happening. What do you think?Are you telling me that you think that Diboll is Burnet and Kirbyville is Huntington. I will say this. There are not many teams that Huntington could beat this year. But if you think that Kirbyville plays at the same level as Huntington, you are out of your mind and will be sadly disappointed.

mistanice
10-27-2003, 02:10 PM
I see what you guys are saying, but you're using good and descent teams in the high school level. How bout using a team that is ranked last, and the top ranked team again in (high school). I'm only referring to your remark about it doesn't matter what your record is.

mistanice
10-27-2003, 02:12 PM
I'm not trying to put any emphasis on the Kville and Diboll game. My point isn't going towards game. i'm only commenting about what jasperdog said about it doesnt matter what your record is.

crimson blood
10-27-2003, 02:31 PM
so what are ya'll trying to say?

spiveyrat
10-27-2003, 02:35 PM
STOP IT!!! You're making my head hurt! :D

oak flat
10-27-2003, 02:42 PM
Good one Lumberjack! Based on your judgements, by comparing games, Diboll will whip Kirbyville by at least 20 points. DOUBT IT. Hopefully you and all your buddies will continue to think that way, and let sorry ole Kirbyville slip up and beat yall. This season will end up just like last years, Kirbyville going on to week 11 and yall working on yall's full-court press.

Kirbyville 33
Diboll 27

Based on your way of comparing scores yall will probably beat Newton too.

JasperDog94
10-27-2003, 03:24 PM
mistance, I agree with you about the NFL players and yes there is a hugh difference between the NFL and high school. But, after watching football for a long time, I do beleive that when it comes to two teams that are at least within lightyears of each other, then the records don't matter. Take Marlin for example. When they get healthy, I would put them up against any team in the state (3A).

Then take into consideration grades. If (and this is a hypothetical situation) McGee and Shipley were to fail a class, how many teams would be able to beat Burnet? NFL players don't have to worry about grades.

Do I think Hunnington could hang with Burnet...NO WAY! They could play each other 100 times this year and Burnet would win 100 times. But I attribute that not to records, but to better coaching, better talent, and more heart. All three of those things constitute a better record.

And at the high school level, you've also got to consider who people have played. Same thing in college. TCU a top 20 team...I don't think so. Play a weak schedule and you could have a great record. But that means squat when you step on the field. Enough of my ramblings for now... :) wink

bearkatdad
10-27-2003, 07:11 PM
It'll be a close game..but I think Kirbyville will win.. but 2 good teams
K'ville 14
Diboll 7

crzyjournalist03
10-27-2003, 07:15 PM
JasperDog94:
mistance, I agree with you about the NFL players and yes there is a hugh difference between the NFL and high school. But, after watching football for a long time, I do beleive that when it comes to two teams that are at least within lightyears of each other, then the records don't matter. Take Marlin for example. When they get healthy, I would put them up against any team in the state (3A).

Then take into consideration grades. If (and this is a hypothetical situation) McGee and Shipley were to fail a class, how many teams would be able to beat Burnet? NFL players don't have to worry about grades.

Do I think Hunnington could hang with Burnet...NO WAY! They could play each other 100 times this year and Burnet would win 100 times. But I attribute that not to records, but to better coaching, better talent, and more heart. All three of those things constitute a better record.

And at the high school level, you've also got to consider who people have played. Same thing in college. TCU a top 20 team...I don't think so. Play a weak schedule and you could have a great record. But that means squat when you step on the field. Enough of my ramblings for now... :) wink I honestly believe that if Hunnington played Burnet 100 times, they'd pull out a few victories. That's meant in no disrespect to Burnet, but I would say that yes, even in high school, anything is possible .

Wildcat81
10-27-2003, 07:57 PM
K-ville is 1-2 in district.
Diboll is 2-1 in district.
K-ville has to win to stay in the running for play offs. Woodville is K-ville last game.Diboll last game Newton. :D

LUMBER_JACK
10-27-2003, 08:09 PM
Good one Lumberjack! Based on your judgements, by comparing games, Diboll will whip Kirbyville by at least 20 points. DOUBT IT. Hopefully you and all your buddies will continue to think that way, and let sorry ole Kirbyville slip up and beat yall. This season will end up just like last years, Kirbyville going on to week 11 and yall working on yall's full-court press.

Kirbyville 33
Diboll 27

Based on your way of comparing scores yall will probably beat Newton too. dude you dont have to get mad, I am just voicing my opinion ok. It sounds to me like your affraid DIBOLL could pull away with this one. Almost like they did against jasper. But we killed ourselves

LUMBERJACKS 28

WILDCATS 13

Wildcat81
10-27-2003, 08:18 PM
Well it should be a good game. Both teams need to
win. GO CATS.

rootin_for_my_BOYS
10-27-2003, 10:12 PM
I think diboll will pull this one off. I think it will be a close game . Im going to root for my boys and say........ Diboll 31
K-ville 17

mistanice
10-27-2003, 10:42 PM
Last week vs jasper I predicted 21-18 Diboll, Turned it to be the other way around in Jasper's favor. 22-15. Now let's hope it's in our favor this week. We left the "Bone Yard" unhappy, and are coming back home to the "Lumber Yard." Diboll is looking for revenge after getting knocked out of the playoffs last year by Kirbyville.

If Diboll continues to pass and TE Garcia and WR Finley reeling in the receptions we'll keep it close. Last week vs. Jasper, Diboll's QB broke the DHS record for most passing yards in a single season having 2 more games to go. Jasper gave up 150 plus yards passing. Most of them going to WR Finley, although Garcia is the leading reciever with 30 plus receptions if I'm not mistaken.

If we get the running game going along with passing than Diboll will be playing after District.

Diboll 28
Kirbyville 15

Diboll_Lumberjackk
10-27-2003, 11:13 PM
I agree G. I think if Lou can keep those wild passes out of the air an stop trying to break records :p we will do better an might pull away with the V come next week. Like i said its up to the boys if they want to be playing come 2 weeks from now. Got to really want it.

BigMac
10-28-2003, 09:39 AM
Well surely if Livingston can put 30 points on Diboll then I'm possitive that Kirbyville can do atleast the same. GREAT OFFENSE!!! Have scored atleast 3 times against district opponets and had two called back against Newton. Both teams are determined to be in the playoffs. Should be a great team.

Kirbyville 21
Diboll 10

Wildcat81
10-28-2003, 09:46 AM
If K-ville doesn't turn the ball over! It could be
a close game.Newton scored on a K-ville fumble.

Old No. 7
10-28-2003, 10:06 AM
Wildcat81, you are right. This should be a close game. K-ville had some injuries on defense last week so I look for more players to go both ways.I just hope we can hang with them in the 4th quarter.I'm still going to say Cats by a touchdown.

BigMac
10-28-2003, 10:19 AM
Old #7 -Tami and Chance are behind you 100%- What to know when they get a chance to see U -They Hope to see you at the Game Friday night-

Old No. 7
10-28-2003, 11:22 AM
Does Diboll have a good concession stand? I was wandering if I needed to eat on the way or wait untill I got there. Any info. is apreciated.

Wildcat81
10-28-2003, 11:36 AM
I might go to the game this weekend if the BOSS
lets me.LOL wink

crimson blood
10-28-2003, 11:57 AM
this will be a preview of the newton-diboll game.

12 points either way.

Old No. 7
10-28-2003, 12:04 PM
I'll be there thursday and friday. Wildcat81, if you go, holler at me.

Wildcat81
10-28-2003, 12:09 PM
I'll be working Thursday night. :( Hope i can make it Friday Night. http://www.jamnart.com/art-intro/mascots/thumbnails/Wildcats.jpg

booger1
10-28-2003, 12:47 PM
Old No. 7:
Does Diboll have a good concession stand? I was wandering if I needed to eat on the way or wait untill I got there. Any info. is apreciated.You can eat before,, but save room for some bad@$$ smoked turkey legs! They're huge, and man are they good! I'm gettin' hungry thinkin' about 'em!

Old No. 7
10-28-2003, 01:24 PM
Thanks booger1, I'll be sure to save some room.

Wildcat81
10-28-2003, 02:04 PM
Old No. 7:
Thanks booger1, I'll be sure to save some room.Old No.7 If I go to the game how will I know you.

http://www.jamnart.com/art-intro/mascots/thumbnails/Wildcats.jpg

booger1
10-28-2003, 02:08 PM
Hey Wildcat81, I guess you have been to see "the light" haven't you?

Wildcat81
10-28-2003, 02:44 PM
Sure have booger1 wierdest thing I ever saw.

ej2525
10-28-2003, 02:45 PM
For the win...

Call it in the air!!!

Heads or Tails....

Wildcat81
10-28-2003, 02:59 PM
Heads.

Big Red
10-28-2003, 03:01 PM
Old No. 7:
Does Diboll have a good concession stand? I was wandering if I needed to eat on the way or wait untill I got there. Any info. is apreciated.OLD #7 YOU MAY WANT TO TAKE YOUR FAMILY TO A NICE REST. IN JASPER ON THE WAY TO DIBOLL. :D

Wildcat81
10-28-2003, 03:08 PM
Man it's be along time since I've eaten Jasper do they Restraunt there besides pizza hut.

BrockLesnar
10-28-2003, 03:17 PM
Kirbyville can start airing up the Basketballs.
Diboll in a close one.

Wildcat81
10-28-2003, 03:19 PM
Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

oak flat
10-28-2003, 03:25 PM
Definetely not afraid of Diboll. I do however think that are a very good team and this is going to be an excellent game. I believe that both offenses are very good and there will be a lot of points scored. The defense that steps up and makes the most plays and creates turnovers will win the game.

Good luck to both teams. Cats in a close one.

booger1
10-28-2003, 03:26 PM
Wildcat81:

http://www.jamnart.com/art-intro/mascots/thumbnails/Wildcats.jpgI went a couple of weekends ago. We kinda of saw it a couple of times but there were so many cars going up and down the road it kind of spoiled it! They all stopped to ask if we had seen it and we told them that the headlights were spoiling it and get off the road (except not that nice)!

Wildcat81
10-28-2003, 03:31 PM
booger1:

Wildcat81:

http://www.jamnart.com/art-intro/mascots/thumbnails/Wildcats.jpgI went a couple of weekends ago. We kinda of saw it a couple of times but there were so many cars going up and down the road it kind of spoiled it! They all stopped to ask if we had seen it and we told them that the headlights were spoiling it and get off the road (except not that nice)!when my wife and I went it was late at night not to many cars on the road.

booger1
10-28-2003, 03:34 PM
Wildcat81:

booger1:

Wildcat81:

http://www.jamnart.com/art-intro/mascots/thumbnails/Wildcats.jpgI went a couple of weekends ago. We kinda of saw it a couple of times but there were so many cars going up and down the road it kind of spoiled it! They all stopped to ask if we had seen it and we told them that the headlights were spoiling it and get off the road (except not that nice)!when my wife and I went it was late at night not to many cars on the road.

http://www.jamnart.com/art-intro/mascots/thumbnails/Wildcats.jpgThis was between 10:30 p.m. and 3 a.m.

Wildcat81
10-28-2003, 03:57 PM
Yes it was.

lucky7
10-28-2003, 11:57 PM
Wildcat81:
K-ville has to play well,no turn overs to let Diboll score.Be agressive on Defense and offense. :D Kats are good but they wont be able to stop the offense which is lead by qb Luis Rios and tight-end Jamie Garcia. good luck though.. Diboll by 2.

mistanice
10-29-2003, 12:04 AM
D¡bº££ 28
K¡rb¥vi££ë 15