PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Matt Peebles

exbccards76'smom
02-21-2003, 01:47 AM
Congratulations going out to Bridge City's Matt Peebles for winning the Willie Ray Smith award for best offensive player in Southeast Texas. He had some stiff competition for this award. :D :D :D

Phil C
02-21-2003, 10:56 AM
That is great exb! Congratulations to Matt and to all the other worthy contenders. By the way exb where is Matt planning to go to college? We wish everyone the best wherever they go.

Old Cardinal
02-21-2003, 02:13 PM
Matt is going as a running back to New Mexico...He is a great young man. Also, Red Bryant, from Jasper was the Defensive winner. These 3A boys won this award over some very good players from all SE Texas schools.

Chris Hart
02-21-2003, 04:22 PM
Congratulations to both of those young men, I just love to see the 3A boys garner some awards! :)

j_dog
02-21-2003, 11:27 PM
I second that. Matt Peebles is a deserving young man and I am very happy for him. This award means that he beat out many good athletes from a large population area, including several 4a and 5a schools. Ditto for Red Bryant.

By the way, I have heard rumors that Jasper has a 6-4 OF lineman returning this fall that will also be heavily recruited per some scouting reports. Has anyone heard anything about that?