PDA

View Full Version : Can someone share a projection on the following teams for 2003

Old Cardinal
12-26-2002, 01:27 PM
Please would someone from each town mentioned give us a projection on the folowing teams for next year....Division I- Monahans, Everman, Jasper, Atlanta, Bridge City, Sinton, Burnet, Forney? Division II Midland Greenwood, Sweetwater, Yoakum, Bellville, Bandera, Marlin, Daingerfield, LV Spring Hill.......?

Matthew328
12-26-2002, 01:29 PM
Everman will be young next year....they may struggle a bit early but they'll be in the mix...I don't know if they'll compete for a 3peat but they should be a Top 10 team for sure..

Keith7
12-26-2002, 01:51 PM
Gainesville (even though u didnt ask, i know you secretly care) will be experienced on offense but a young defense will have to step up.. my projection is that they will be totally awesome

marlin fan
12-26-2002, 01:54 PM
marlin is returning a lot of good people

Bongo
12-26-2002, 01:58 PM
Bellville is returning a lot of key starters on both offense and defense. Skill positions all returning. Should be even better in 2003.

sinton66
12-26-2002, 02:11 PM
Sinton is in the exact opposite condition they were this year. They will graduate all of the skill positions but will return a seasoned line on both offense and defense. The JV team was pretty good, as freshmen last year, they only lost one game, that to 4A Calallen JV. Not sure whether they will be able to light up the scoreboard as they have the last two years, but they will be competetive.

Old Dog
12-26-2002, 02:51 PM
Burnet on offense returns 7; 2nd team all-state QB, all-state WR, and 2nd team OL. Also two OLs who were Sophs in 2002. Looses RB, TE and big OL (verbal to Ga. Tech) and Center. RB search will be tough (not sure his speed can be replaced).

Defense returns 7; all-state DB, HM all-state LB ('02 was first year on varsity)and two other good LBs and 1 more experienced DB. Loses include all-state DL, LB (Pell-considering Army offer), Ham (good DE and punter), and DB (Christian-who was a knock your socks off hitter).

Core for 2003 looks very promising. Had good JV and frosh in 2002. Must develop back-up QB and more depth. District should be VERY tough in 2003; Burnet, Bandera, Liberty Hill, Wimberley, Ingram and Llano

Billy Boy
12-26-2002, 07:25 PM
Jasper should be alright next year. They will be young but they were young last year and went deep into the playoffs we'll see if the younger ones can kick it up a notch.

jason
12-26-2002, 07:32 PM
Forney will return its whole backfiend I believe...should be pretty stout, will have a lot of guys with a lot of playoff experience

Ranger Mom
12-26-2002, 09:13 PM
Greenwood is returning loads of starters and plenty of sophomores who got valuable play-off experience. Hopefully, it will be another good year for the Rangers!!

sinfan75
12-26-2002, 10:43 PM
As far as Sinton goes if their non-district and district foes want to get their wins against em they better do it next year.If not they may have to wait another 3 or 4 years.Sinton will be in a rebuildin mode next year.Still think they'll make the play-offs though.

Matthew328
12-26-2002, 11:25 PM
If I had to pick right now Forney and Burnet would be number one and two right now!

vet93
12-26-2002, 11:34 PM
OC...Greenwood is returning a load, probably about 15 starters. Included in this bunch are their two best offensive players...rb Audas and qb Wilbur. They will be plenty good next year. They did lose some tough senior linemen and a good linebacker\fullback. Sweetwater will be in a rebuilding year with the loss of carillo, squires etc...However, they have a good coach with a good upcoming JV. Other region one teams to watch will be Decatur (Dane et al), Kennedale (Harper et al) and Ballinger which returns 7 and 8, including Antonio Posey who rushed for 1500 yards after missing the first couple of games.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-27-2002, 12:39 AM
From what I understand, Bandera is losing about 20 or so seniors off their team, so it is my guess that they will be in rebuilding mode next year. Even then, Mike Willamson is a GREAT coach, so don't be surprised if Bandera still gets into the playoffs next season. As far as specifics about Bandera, you'd have to ask those who are a little more familiar.

Anyhow, my "teams to watch out for" in Region 4.

Div. 1 - Burnet (With Everman losing a bunch to graduation, I don't see anyone else coming close)

Div. 2 - Port Isabel, Rice Consolidated - Both of these teams return HUGE numbers, great talent, and are the two fastest teams in Region 4. It is unfortunate that it won't be in the state quarterfinal round when these two meet, but when they do, it should be one for the ages! (Will be in the 3rd round should it come to fruition, FYI)

And finally, teams that may shock some people include:
Raymondville (Tommy Wolfe, remember that name. They gave Sinton all sorts of trouble in week 1 before the Pirates pulled away in the end)
Lyford (has a great chance of getting into the playoffs, first since 1992, returns HUGE offensive line)
Orange Grove (good talent returning, along with good coaching)
Taft (according to big daddy russ, may surprise some teams in district 30)
And this last one may shock some people, but from what I hear, they have some good numbers coming back, and they gave the Div. 2 state champs all they could handle. Who am I referring to? It's Llano.

SintonFan
12-27-2002, 02:14 AM
TarponFanInNorthTexas:
From what I understand, Bandera is losing about 20 or so seniors off their team, so it is my guess that they will be in rebuilding mode next year. Even then, Mike Willamson is a GREAT coach, so don't be surprised if Bandera still gets into the playoffs next season. As far as specifics about Bandera, you'd have to ask those who are a little more familiar.

Anyhow, my "teams to watch out for" in Region 4.

Div. 1 - Burnet (With Everman losing a bunch to graduation, I don't see anyone else coming close)

Div. 2 - Port Isabel, Rice Consolidated - Both of these teams return HUGE numbers, great talent, and are the two fastest teams in Region 4. It is unfortunate that it won't be in the state quarterfinal round when these two meet, but when they do, it should be one for the ages! (Will be in the 3rd round should it come to fruition, FYI)

And finally, teams that may shock some people include:
Raymondville (Tommy Wolfe, remember that name. They gave Sinton all sorts of trouble in week 1 before the Pirates pulled away in the end)
Lyford (has a great chance of getting into the playoffs, first since 1992, returns HUGE offensive line)
Orange Grove (good talent returning, along with good coaching)
Taft (according to big daddy russ, may surprise some teams in district 30)
And this last one may shock some people, but from what I hear, they have some good numbers coming back, and they gave the Div. 2 state champs all they could handle. Who am I referring to? It's Llano.Good post.
Orange Grove is a prime prospect in my book. If they still have their Alaniz's and defense, they should be good. Alot of talent. They suprised me in the Sinton game.
Taft has a coach who is cultivating some talent. He had his kids played nice defense against more talented teams. As a coach, I think he does alot with what he has.
Raymondville, if they return any kind of numbers should be very competitive for let's say area or reg. semis.
Don't forget West Oso, they could be a dark horse in 30-3A.
Anyone from Mathis here?
I'd like to hear from them, since they had good JV and Freshman teams...

SintonFan
12-27-2002, 02:19 AM
Sorry Old Cardinal. I went away from the teams you wanted to hear about.

fatcat255
12-27-2002, 02:35 AM
Longview Spring Hill

9 Offensive and only 3 Defensive Starters returning from 12-2 Region 2 Finalist. Program 32-7 over past 3 seasons.

Offense:

Losing only center and a tackle. Return RB JaMario Thomas (just under 2000 yards rushing with 34 TD's & over 300 yards receiving with 2 more TD's), QB Stephen Prince (about 2100 yards passing), WR Morris Starts (near 900 yards receiving) & TE Chris Miller (about 20 catches).

Offense is capable of putting up a ton of points. Question will be; Will the defense be able to limit opponents' drives and get the offense the ball enough?

Defense:

Losing all 4 DB's, 2 very good LB's, DE & DT.

Returning DE Chris Miller, DT Mike Smith & LB DeMario Thomas. Capable backups & JV players should fill the roles of departing seniors but 2 LB spots will be impossible to duplicate.

JV was 10-0.

Offense alone should earn some Pre-Season Top 10 consideration. Rebuilding the depleted defense will be the ultimate challenge.

Jefferson returns RB JoJo Rawls (15-3A Offensive MVP) and DL Calvin Dennis (Defensive MVP) and should provide the stiffest district competition.

BULLDOGFAN
12-27-2002, 06:52 AM
Bandera most likely will be in transition year. The Championship team was long in coming, 20 seniors and all started. Offense will return 1 lineman and a running back. Defense will return Bryan Jacobs, the ONLY all stater we had.

The J.V. was deep. The team will be smaller over all, but faster. Quaterback will be a question mark. Heeps younger brother will have big shoes to fill.

But you never know we weren't pick to win much this year either.

I think Port Isabel will be an easy win again this year.

Grrrr.....

heck
12-27-2002, 09:50 AM
Regarding Sweetwater: The Mustangs should be better than most think (I think!). They will return about 6-7 defensive starters or players that got significant playing time. They will also have about the same on the offensive side of the ball. The last two JV's have gone undefeated and there were a lot of juniors that were on the JV the past two years (depth).

The Mustangs did loose the mighty two...Carillo and Squires but they have a good qb coming that can throw the ball much better than Carillo and isn't too bad at running the option. Josh Jackson will be back and he was all South Plains running back and extremely fast.

On defense, I would think the Stangs would be better next year than this year. Lots of Speed and some real savy kids make them worth watching.

If the brain trust will make the adjustments that will be needed for the personnel, this team could surprise some folks. Remember, these guys play a brutal non-district schedule with Vernon, Greenwood, Graham, Andrews, and Ab. Wylie, so they should be ready when district roles around!

<small>[ December 27, 2002, 08:53 AM: Message edited by: heck ]</small>

Old Cardinal
12-27-2002, 02:34 PM
Bridge City brings back all but two on the O&Dlines and the returnees are the larger ones. Jon Landry will be a Junior and is the fastest in the county and a very big Tailback prospect. Three good QB prospects- two are top passers. Would look for them to open it up a little more next year. Will start out slow with some big size Jr.s and Soph.s starting. Have averaged 3 playoff appearences each year for three years, will be hard pressed to repeat that in 2003, but if the younger ones gel in time, it's possible. They have some playoff hardened returnees they can count on in playoff level play. The following two years should be extra strong. The sub-varsity's went 40 wins, 4 loses and 2 ties. A good competiting program for a number of years ahead, looks assured.

audasmom7
12-27-2002, 03:46 PM
No one ever knows what next year may bring..Look at all the teams, that wasnt suppose to make it outta of district alive... But as far as our Rangers I think we will be ok. We will miss Cody #8 thats for sure and John Mark #32, and Luke #60 and Tyler #50 but I think alot of our younger guys got alot of experience especially Bronson Valencia who had to step into some pretty big shoes when Brain Zachry hurt his ankle right before the Sate Championship game.

Whos are we??? WE ARE THE GREENWOOD RANGERS

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-27-2002, 06:40 PM
BULLDOGFAN:
Bandera most likely will be in transition year. The Championship team was long in coming, 20 seniors and all started. Offense will return 1 lineman and a running back. Defense will return Bryan Jacobs, the ONLY all stater we had.

The J.V. was deep. The team will be smaller over all, but faster. Quaterback will be a question mark. Heeps younger brother will have big shoes to fill.

Grrrr.....Ooh! All right! Keep the good bulletin board material going!!! :D

But seriously though Rick, for being a Port Isabel HS alumni, that last comment was pretty harsh wouldn't you say? I really DO hope you were kidding. :p

Kool Tarpon 21
12-27-2002, 09:38 PM
What was that Bulldogfan?...I know you're not serious about us being an easy team to beat...I mean, come on...you don't actually think you all stand a chance against us next year...You all were lucky you beat us...I mean I ain't taking anything away from you all cuz you all were the better team that given day, but there is no way you all are gonna be that lucky next year...Yeah, you all won state and I give you lots of props...I ain't no hater...but come next year...it's gonna be a whole different year...Well, I don't know anything about you all's team next year...but I know a lot about ours...we'll see who is right and who is wrong next year. Don't be surprised if I'm right though..

UNFINISHED BUSINESS!!!

<small>[ December 27, 2002, 08:38 PM: Message edited by: Kool Tarpon 21 ]</small>

c-town_balla
12-28-2002, 12:05 AM
well Cameron is losing the great Billy Pittman (commited to Texas) and #1 Wide-out best 3 defensive players and thats about it. Jr. class is awsome had about 15 sopm. on varsity last year

MR.T TARPON21
12-29-2002, 12:13 AM
BULLDOGFAN:

Grrrr.....HEY BULLDOG
NICE GOING IN THAT CHAMPIONSHIP GAME !
BUT I HAVE ONE QUESTION FOR YOU WHATS UP WITH "THAT PORT ISABEL WILL BE AN EASY WIN".
PLEASE ,DONT TELL ME YOUR UNDERESTIMATING THE
TARPON NEXT YEAR WILL BE OUR YEAR TO SHINE!
IF BY SOME CHANCE I MISUNDERSTOOD YOUR QOUTE
PLEASE EXCUSE ME.PORT ISABEL IS RETURNING MOST OF THERE TEAM. AT LEAST 20 OR SO ,AND LET ME TELL YOU THIS BOYS ARE HUNGRY FOR A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!
THE BOYSWILL BE WORKING HARD THIS SUMMMER TO BE FASTER AND STRONGER THEN THEY WERE THIS YEAR !
LOOKS LIKE THERE MOTTO WILL BE BELIVE!
GOOD LUCK WITH UP AND COMING SENORS,
HOPE WE GET TO PLAY YOU ALL NEXT YEAR.

PPHSfan
12-29-2002, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by MR.T TARPON21:

THE BOYSWILL BE WORKING HARD THIS SUMMMER TO BE FASTER AND STRONGER THEN THEY WERE THIS YEAR !
HOPE WE GET TO PLAY YOU ALL NEXT YEAR.Is BELIVE the opposite of BEDEAD?

If so, it sounds like a good motto :D

Old Cardinal
12-29-2002, 11:28 AM
I don't think we have heard from-Atlanta, Monahans, Yoakum, or Daingerfield....Would someone care to share a thought or two with us?

bd62
12-29-2002, 01:37 PM
yoakum will have 16 lettermen. 4 off. and 6 defensive starters back. big loss is leadership with boone and johnson gone. will be bigger and about the same on speed.will have more depth and lots more size in the lines next year. wilemon made all dist. both ways and all area on offense. price and wilberlity made 2nd team all dist. the secondary and defensive lines will be strengh of teams. 3 0f 4 on defensive line return and all the secondary return. between the 3 secondary guys that return they had 20+ interceptions.
they will have lots of kids(around60) to pick from j.v. and freshmen teams to make up rest of varsity. will probably have around 14 srs. on varsity with the bulk of team being jrs. and probably 4 sophs.
leadership is major loss and to make another good run the seniors will have to step up and become leaders.

cunbed10
12-30-2002, 09:28 AM
Marlin will be pretty stout, but after watching Greenbay and the Jets yesterday. You will never know what happens in December in this wonderful game of football, from peewee,juniorhigh,highschool,college, and the NFL.
regardless of what you do in September,October,November, DECEMBER IS THE MONTH TO REMEMBER.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-30-2002, 09:42 AM
PPHSfan:

Originally posted by MR.T TARPON21:

HOPE WE GET TO PLAY YOU ALL NEXT YEAR.Is BELIVE the opposite of BEDEAD?

If so, it sounds like a good motto :D Aww come on! Cut the guy some slack will ya!!!

greendog fan
12-30-2002, 03:52 PM
cunbed10:
Marlin will be pretty stout, but after watching Greenbay and the Jets yesterday. You will never know what happens in December in this wonderful game of football, from peewee,juniorhigh,highschool,college, and the NFL.
regardless of what you do in September,October,November, DECEMBER IS THE MONTH TO REMEMBER.AMEN to that. GO JETS!!!!!!!!!!!

etcoach
01-07-2003, 06:50 PM
Daingerfield- Offensively returns center, QB, TE, SE, FB, LT, RT started half the season. Defensively, NG, both ends, FS, corner, and one tackle that started 1/2 time. JV went 8-1-1. Speed, as always. Should be a little stronger, and a little bigger.

Bandera YaYa
01-07-2003, 10:10 PM
well,it's been awhile since I've gotten to talk to you Mr. Tarpon....how was your Christmas and New Years???? Sorry about BULLDOGFAN's comment...he's still on cloud 10!! (So am I!!)Back down there, dog....Grrrrrrrrrr......Anyways, we are smack in the middle of basketball and soccer....plenty of games to satisfy our lingering withdrawals........had to laugh at our QB, now playing BBall...threw a pass that hit the back wall of the gym....guess he's still on turf, too! If you have any more trouble with BULLDOGFAN, just let me know...I have got good blackmail stuff on him from his New Year's Eve bash!!!! Peace and YaYa!!!!

BULLDOGFAN
01-08-2003, 07:05 AM
Come on Ya Ya I remember everything until 1:00 A.M.:0).... Was nice having the Mayor and Guvenor there. Bandera still rocks and Port Isabel still lost. Hear That Kenny?

<small>[ January 08, 2003, 06:06 AM: Message edited by: BULLDOGFAN ]</small>

repeat2002
01-08-2003, 10:25 AM
Decatur should be a Region I team to be reckoned with next year even in Div I where they will probably wind up. They return 5 starters on offense (QB-3000 yds passing, RB-1000 yds rushing, leading receiver, 2 OL) and 4 starters on defense (2LB, DE, CB). Good Jr to be linemen coming up will be able to fill spots on both lines. Good receivers coming, but the secondary may have to be replaced by a soph or two. JV was 8-2 and Freshmen were 10-0 so the cupboard is full for three or four years. Look for the Eagles to be a group to be reckoned with in 2003.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
01-08-2003, 06:29 PM
BULLDOGFAN:
Come on Ya Ya I remember everything until 1:00 A.M.:0).... Was nice having the Mayor and Guvenor there. Bandera still rocks and Port Isabel still lost. Hear That Kenny?Keep it comin' Rick! The players down in Port Isabel are printing, copying, and taping it all up on the walls in the locker rooms and weight room. I also got them one of the "Bandera Bulldogs State Champions" bumper stickers and they have it up in their weight room. Anyway, keep those cutdown remarks about Port Isabel coming! Keep up the good work! :D

FormerBellvilleBrahma
01-08-2003, 10:04 PM
Bellville returns more letterman than last year, over 30, and more starers from the previous year, 7-8 starters are back, all skill people but one, Gobert. Bellville has a very good sub-varsity to pick from. Once again if Bellville will not underestamate some opponents they will be right back were they ended last year, Also the coaching will have to step it up in 2003!! Keep in mind with all the talent in Bellville the players make the team, a good coach just makes, that team a State Champ!!!! The talent was there the past 2 years, it will definetly be there in 2003, Like they say 3 strikes and your out!!! Good luck to the students of Bellville High!!!!!!

Bellville22
01-09-2003, 01:09 PM
Former said it, Bellville has the numbers and skill players returning to again make a serious run at the title.

Most of the key positions that they lost will be filled nicely. Don't think we'll be able to throw to the TE like we did last year, but leading WR (and great K) Goeke returns, and I look for Junior WR Sanders to have a break out year on the other side of the formation. This kid's got great potential, just a matter of putting it all together.

Key slot to fill on defense as far as I know will be MLB. Have some solid OLBs, not sure if one of them will move over or if we'll have someone step up from JV. The rest of the D should shape up quite nicely.

We've talked highly about the skill positions, but that won't matter if the O-line doesn't improve from last year. The running game was non-existent after the 1st round in playoffs, and we pretty much relied on our QB having just enough time to throw our way to victory. But he didn't have time against Fiarfield or Bandera, and that created serious problems. But we return at least 3 of 'em and hopefully they'll put it together and get a ground game going to take some pressure off of the QB.

The pieces are there, just a matter of putting it all together. Buenger QB is extremely smart, poised, and very efficient. He'll be a great leader of the O, and the defense is full of experienced leaders. Should be another great year.

And remember the name "Louie" Runnels. This kid could be a force on both sides of the ball.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
01-09-2003, 10:27 PM
Hey 22, good to see you post! Everyone in Bellville knows that the Brahmas had the players it took, to win state the last 2 years, lets hope that in 2003, which looks to be our best team out off all 3, not to knock 2001, and 2002 they also had the players to win state. You could say all the pieces of the puzzle was there, it just was not put together right! I hope in 2003 the puzzle gets put together right!!!. For most all of you in Bellville, know what I am talking about, You just hate to see all this good talant not being used to its potential. Once again good luck to the Bellville High 2003 team, and also to the ones that are putting that puzzle together!!!!
Three strikes and your out!! But in Bellville you have as many strikes as you want, If you have a friend in high places!!!!!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
01-09-2003, 10:49 PM
I forgot to mention that, the friend in high places, has a son in 8th grade, Bellville will have a freshman on the varsity for 2003, and will more than likely start! Hmmm, do I see a salery increase for the head puzzle man, and at least a 4 year extention????? :(
Good luck to the students of Bellville High!!!!

cunbed10
01-10-2003, 08:55 AM
Marlin is returning 9 on defense offense 8 a couple of o linemen and the quarterback, which the quarterback which will be replacing our starter will be able to pitch the ball left and right so our option set is set all running backs and receivers are returning. Bellville if we meet again you will be sorry these players forgive but don't forget just asked LaGrange. We will avenge our lost to Bellville and who ever steps in the way of the state championship. Please believe.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
01-11-2003, 11:30 PM
Hey Cumbed 10, football season just ended, you sure are starting early to talk trash, Marlin got beat by a very good Bellville team, and I hope we get to play yall in 2003, looking forward to a rematch!!!!. And Im sure La Grange will love to have a shot at yall in 2003! Go Bellville, you have the talent to win, it takes good coaching to make that talent a State Champ, Three strikes and your out!!!!!!!!!!!Good luck to the students of Bellville High!!!!!!

Jimbotex40
01-12-2003, 12:23 AM
matthew has the most accurate prediction thus far...(in my opinion)
i would say that the winner of the carthage forney game will win state

i dont know why, but i am afraid of having to play carthage 2nd round again next year.

that sophomore fb was frightening.

sntnpirate1316
01-19-2003, 02:32 AM
not a lot of people think sinton will do very good this year
well have to see
i think theyll make it to the same round or round before in playoffs and win first in district