PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Vs. Orangefield/Hardin

AggieJohn
11-04-2002, 02:39 PM
Maybe some liberty folks can explain this too me...or some orangefield folks explain it.....

i've been told that liberty barring a win on friday will play either hardin or orangefield...can you explain to me what has to happen to orangefield or hardin to be able to play us...ii know that liberty has to of course win friday...but just curious as too what has to happen to them..and how this has came about...i get confused with small school big school stuff and who takes on who?

Bobkat
11-04-2002, 04:11 PM
Explayer2001, it's simple really. Orangefield is 5-1 in district and Hardin is 4-2. A Hardin win would put both teams at 5-2 in district play, but Hardin would go as the 2nd place team because of their win over Orangefield. Should be a good game, but if Orangefield keeps playing well they should come out on top. But like I've said before, that's why they play the game. Just ask Coldsprings about that. Coldsprings has a very good team, and I look for them to really use this as a positive and learn from it. They could really be a team to reckon with come playoff time.
Good Luck to Liberty this weekend.

BigBoy85
11-04-2002, 07:37 PM
I was wondering if Orangefield wins against Hardin and Bridge City would happen to lose to Anahuac, would BC and Orangefield be Co-District Champs? Because then each team would have one district loss.

mwynn05
11-04-2002, 07:44 PM
u go by the head to head matchup

AggieJohn
11-04-2002, 09:11 PM
Bobkat:
Explayer2001, it's simple really. Orangefield is 5-1 in district and Hardin is 4-2. A Hardin win would put both teams at 5-2 in district play, but Hardin would go as the 2nd place team because of their win over Orangefield. Should be a good game, but if Orangefield keeps playing well they should come out on top. But like I've said before, that's why they play the game. Just ask Coldsprings about that. Coldsprings has a very good team, and I look for them to really use this as a positive and learn from it. They could really be a team to reckon with come playoff time.
Good Luck to Liberty this weekend.okay so in our districts case...bhill is the big school over us and coldspring...

so bhill goes div. 1....and leaves us and coldsprings....so who decides who takes on hardin...who takes on orangefield....because coldsprings has the better record over liberty...

Bobkat
11-05-2002, 09:21 AM
If it ends up being Barbers Hill, Coldsprings and Liberty...Barbers Hill is the largest school out of the three and goes division I(big school). Coldsprings would end up in second and thus play the loser of the Orangefield/Hardin game(3rd place). Orangefield/Hardin winner(2nd place) would play Liberty(3rd place). Basically the higher seed plays the lowest seed from the other district.

AggieJohn
11-05-2002, 02:25 PM
Tight thanks

AggieJohn
11-05-2002, 02:25 PM
Tight thanks