PDA

View Full Version : Gatesville

cl8114
08-28-2002, 09:22 PM
This Friday Gatesville takes on Alvarado. I don't know a whole lot about Alvarado, but I do know the Hornets will be ready. Gatesville beat Marlin last week in a scrimmage 3-1. LaShon Thayer is leading the offensive attack followed by the strong arm of Chris Fadel and Preston Taylor at receiver. And yet again the Hornet defense is awesome. Micheal McDonald has been an animal, no one has been able to run to his side of the feild and Justin Estell has the other end on lock down. Gatesville will be tough and look forward to Friday. They start there though non district schedule. With Burnet next week, and then Cameron Yoe. The Swarm is back.

eye of the tiger
08-28-2002, 10:15 PM
Alvarado moves to 15-4A this year. Texas Football magazine picks them second and a playoff team. New coach this year and on 3-2 starters returning. Should have a good defense. I think it will be a good game.

dab
08-30-2002, 12:01 PM
I agree. This shouldn't be a tough week for the Hornets. Alvarado is not the team Texas Football thinks they are. I see Gatesville winning by at least two touchdowns.

Next week with Burnet, they will most likely be the under-dog, but we'll see.