PDA

View Full Version : 21-3A Week 2 Predictions

Bobkat
09-30-2003, 09:28 PM
Just wanted to get everyone's predictions for this weeks games...

Anahuac 20
Hamshire Fannett 13

Hardin 28
Buna 14

Hardin Jefferson 21
Kountze 6

Bridge City 17
Orangefield 7(Hate to pick against my boys!!!)

BIGRED001
09-30-2003, 09:58 PM
Bobkat:
Just wanted to get everyone's predictions for this weeks games...

Anahuac 20
Hamshire Fannett 13

Hardin 28
Buna 14

Hardin Jefferson 21
Kountze 6

Bridge City 17
Orangefield 7(Hate to pick against my boys!!!)HF 21
Anahuac 17
(I will go with a big upset on this one. I think maybe a good HF team will be coming on strong after the BC loss, and Anahuac may just be too complacent)
Hardin 28
Buna 07
(Buna is hurtin)

HJ 35
Kountze 0
(Kountze nuff said)

Bridge City 30
Orangefield 21
(of course I am a BC fan for life, but the Bobcats will be in this one. I think they may expose the pass defense here.....I always no matter what team the Bobcats field, they will play BC tough)

the-O-fence
09-30-2003, 10:06 PM
Anahuac- 28 HF- 7
Bc- 24 Oranrefield- 14
Buna-14 Hardin-13 (both teams arent doin so good)
HJ-35 Kountze-7

Compudyne
09-30-2003, 10:15 PM
Anahuac - 20
Hamshire - 14

Buna - 26
Hardin - 12

Bridge City - 14
Orangefield - 7

Hardin Jefferson - 21
Kountze - 6

BH_146
09-30-2003, 10:17 PM
It tend to agree Bobcat as to who the winners will be. But I think both BC and Anahuac will score a few more points. You know I was tempted to pick H-F in an upset but some BC fans have convinced me that after their easy win over H-F, the Longhorns are really a weak team.

BIGRED001
10-01-2003, 05:38 PM
BH_146:
It tend to agree Bobcat as to who the winners will be. But I think both BC and Anahuac will score a few more points. You know I was tempted to pick H-F in an upset but some BC fans have convinced me that after their easy win over H-F, the Longhorns are really a weak team.I don't know.....Anahuac so far has played a really weak schedule excluding Barbers Hill. Tarkington, Buna........those aren't exactly teams to guage if Anahuac has really anything. I am curious BH 146, how did the game go with Anahuac? I am sure Barbers Hill fans can give more insight to this Anahuac team. They caught ya'll early in the season, but I am curious what there strengths were when ya'll played them?

Old Cardinal
10-01-2003, 06:18 PM
I think that OF will play BC a very good game...Outside of last year, it was a competitive game...OF has the passing attack, that is superior....If H-F plays Anahuac right, it will be an interesting contest...

BH_146
10-01-2003, 06:45 PM
BIGRED001,

I too am curious about how much Anahuac has progressed since the season began. Our game with them could have easily ended in regulation. Our Qb missed several open receivers during the game including one who was all alone inside the 10 with only 13 seconds to play. By the same token, the Anahuac Qb missed a couple of their receivers who were streaking wide open down the sidelines because of missed coverages on our part. And without a doubt, they defeated us because of their speed on 3 plays that was responsible for their 20 points.

I know BH has made tremendous improvements both offensively and defensively since that game. But as you state, Anahuac has played 3 of possibly the weakest teams in the area. Have those teams pushed the Panthers to improve? I don't know since I haven't seen them since our game. But I can tell you, neither team could have left the field that night feeling very good about their play. There was plenty of room for improvement by both teams.

bhillfan
10-01-2003, 08:36 PM
yeah seeing as how it was both the teams first game its hard to say what they will do now, but anahuac has a dangerous quarterback that is hard to shut down, they have an alright passing game but i think that can be gaurded with the right guys but all around they werent to bad, i just wonder how much that have improved like yall have been saying

the-O-fence
10-01-2003, 09:45 PM
I know that Anahuac's O-Line has stepped it up since the first game. When i watched them against BH they weren't impressive at all, but in the last couple games they have really stepped it up. Keep up the good work Anahuac.

<small>[ October 01, 2003, 09:45 PM: Message edited by: the-O-fence ]</small>