PDA

View Full Version : Everman Off-Season Report

Matthew328
03-27-2003, 11:31 PM
Well folsk here is what I have so far..I only got a report on the offense..defense will be tomarrow hopefully...

Offensive Line: Jontae Bragg who saw significant time last year on both lines as a sophmore will be taking over at center...Bragg is now 6'3 and goes 302...junior Aaron Smith looks to have one guard slot taken, Smith is about 6'0 and around 200 lbs. he saw some Varisty action in 3 playoff games..the other guard slot is up for grabs..look for junior Mike Jones to get it..Jones was on pace to make Varsity last year as a sophmore but tore his ACL in 2 a days..Jones goes around 250 I believe..Omarion Bradford is the strong tackle and he is a load! Technically the only returning starter Bradford is well lets just say he is 350...but don't think he is big and slow because he isn't..he is squatting 720 lbs at the moment..the quick tackle looks to be junior Joe Daniels who is around 230..Daniels also saw time in last year's postseason..Sophmore Terrion Lockridge will be a contributor as well Lockridge is around 270 and saw time on Varsity as a freshman..Lockridge may be more utilized on D though...

Quarterback: Senior Neiman Busch seems to have taken control of the QB job...Busch is 6'2 around 175...he is very quick 6 carries 85 yards and 1 TD last year..doesn't throw as well as Benton but he is improving..Marcus Mendez who was 2/3 for 37 yards last year and junior Brandon Brown will be in the mix...keep an eye on this freshman kid who is a STUD...he could get some time late in the year..he'll be on JV more than likely..

Running Backs: Glen Burns is a smallish back with jets...last year he was right around 4.5 look for that time to be a bit faster this year..he had 34 carries for 352 yards and 5 TD's last year in limited action..he'll split time with junior Marcus Jamison who had 18 varsity carries last year but averaged over 200 yards on JV..Jamison goes 5'9 175 and he is around 4.5 as well....at fullback look for a rotation between Robert Moore 5'8 190, Moore had 30 carries for 210 yards and 3 TD's last year and junior Tony Allen 5'9 180 Allen had 25 carries for 143 yards and 3 TD's as a sophmore..

Wingback: Look for 3 main guys to rotate here..junior Deric Bedford may be the main man here..Bedford 5'8 160 is also around 4.5 4.6 he'll be a main running threat along with Jeremey Cooks 5'10 175 Cooks had 8 carries for 51 yards last year in a limited role..junior Jeremy Cole also may see time there as well..but Cole's main role will be defense..

Wide Reciever: Junior Tim Jackson will be the Bulldogs main weapon..Jackson is 6'4 190 and has all the tools including great speed..Jackson caught 3 passes for 98 yards and 2 TD's as a sophmore...he'll get the ball thrown his way a lot now...Jeremy Cole and Conrad Fulbright also will see time out there...

Tight End: Everman doesn't throw to the TE's much..but they need to block well..Anthony Spoon 6'6 210 and Craig Boatwright 6'4 220 likely will be the 2 guys there...

Well there you have it...any corrections or screw ups I made I'll try and go back and fix...there could be a few other freshman in the mix as this 8th grade group coming up is talent wise the best Everman has ever had..in all Everman's 4 junior high teams went 35-0-1 last year against middle schools such as Ennis, Waxahachie, Burleson's 2 middle schools, the 2 Crowley middle schools, Midlothian and Cleburne...I should have the defense tomarrow....

Matthew328
04-02-2003, 10:13 PM
Ok folks here is the defense...

Defensive Tackles: Brian Jones has one spot, Jones at 6'2 265 was all-state last year as a junior and has played on Varsity since his freshman year..he'll get a lot of double teams this year...the other tackle could be Bryan Jones, Jones the 255 lb senior saw lots of action as a junior, also look for Jontae Bragg at 302 and sophmore Terrion Lockridge at 260 to give Everman good depth...

Defensive Ends: At one end look for senior Craig Boatwright who is 6'5 around 210...Boatwright has been a key backup for 2 years now and will finally get his shot to start..he should be real good as well..sophmore Lawrence Alexander has the potential to be the best Everman has EVER had...the kid is unreal..as a freshman he forced 4 fumbles on special teams in the playoffs last year and stepped in at DE and played VERY well..he is about 6'1 and 200 lbs look for big things from this guy..look for junior Roscoe Mickens at 6'4 210 to give Everman some good depth...

Linebackers: junior Shamarcus Halloway (6'1 210) is now the man for the LB corps..Halloway had a great sophmore year and he is only going to get better..Tony Allen likely will be the new middle LB as he played well last year in a backup role..this means Robert Moore likely will get the bulk of the carries at FB...the other LB will prolly come down to juniors Gerald Langston and Adam Burnett both of whom saw time last year..Robert Moore also can step in and play some LB as well..but like I said earlier Moore's bigger impact likely comes on offense..

Cornerbacks: Junior Tim Jackson likely will be one corners..Jackson started 6 games last year at CB and played in all the playoff games as well at CB...the other corner likely goes to junior Deric Bedford who saw a little time there in the postseason...Jeremy Cooks and Tim Jones likely will add depth to the secondary from this slot...

Safties: Junior Jeremy Cole who made such a big impact last year on the defense as a sophmore likely will be the leader of the unit this year..he is a big hitter with a nose for the ball.. ball..the other saftey slot is wide open...it looks like it could be Neiman Griffin though..

Matthew328
04-03-2003, 01:45 PM
I knew I left a few guys out...a free safety it looks like junior to be Brandon Brown could be the man here..Brown saw some action on both sides of the ball as a sophmore...he'll also likely be the backup QB...Brown is very quick and is deceptively strong...at Middle LB sopmore Matt Sherman is making a push for the starting role, all this does is give Everman even more depth at the LB spot...Sherman as a freshman saw time in 2 playoff games at MLB...as for special teams junior Roberto Martinez will again do the place kicking, he has been in this role since his freshman year..punter is still up in the air as last year's punters Corey Fulbright and Michael Benton have both moved on...as for returning kicks...Jeremy Cole and Marcus Jamison look to be the guys on kickoffs and Cole likely will return punts..

rholl
04-03-2003, 03:26 PM
Thanks Matt.....good jr high program really helps!!!

shinigdam
04-03-2003, 04:43 PM
The rich get richer!

hsguru
04-08-2003, 12:43 AM
surely they arent holding spring practices outside of the athletic period. Thats the only way most teams have a chance is if they are cheating and get the boot. LOL
Not flaming I think everman has a great program and I hate the fact that they are in region 1 its scary...