PDA

View Full Version : For my 1000th post...finally

kaorder1999
12-16-2003, 02:44 PM
i stumbled upon 3ADownlow by accident on August 23, 2001. Though i am just now arriving to 1000 posts I still consider myself a vetern on this board....

throughtout my 2-plus years on the Downlow I have had the opportunity to meet a few posters from the board and I'm glad to say that those meetings turned into friendships that will probably never end. It's amazing how something as little as a mesage board can affect a persons life. The way the 3ADownlow "family" has grown is simply amazing...

First of all let me thank the people responsible for getting the Downlow to where it is today. Simple things such as posting scores...giving us previews...giving us your top 10's....those are the small things that kept me coming back day after day after day....

thank you to all the "ignorant" posters who kept me pi$$sed off enough to make sure I log on every day to see what idiotic statement you had made. without you people this board would be boring!

Thank you to all the players and coaches who have played the great sport of football or have coached the great sport which enables us to get on this board and praise or place blame upon. Without you guys why would we need the Downlow?

Thank you Everman Bulldogs and Fans for being the classy bunch that you are. Though you beat my Jackrabbits in consecutive years you never once had anything negative to say about anyone who you were beating up on. You guys were fun to watch. Your 2001 and 2003 teams were the two best 3A teams I had ever seen in person.

Thank you Corey Fullbright (spelling?) for showing me that life is a special thing. Though you continue to face adversity you continue to humble many and teach us what life is truly about. Football will always be a game! But life will always be a challenge that will never be too difficult to handle through Gods help!

though i may never meet almost all of you I want to thank you posters for allowing me daily to voice my opinions while at the same time listen to yours.

As the Christmas Holiday approaches and I spend time with my family, I will also consider all you as part of my family "the downlow family" and I thank God for you!

Merry Christmas to each and everyone of you and may God Bless you in everything your life may bring!

<small>[ December 16, 2003, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: kaorder1999 ]</small>

CHS_Grad '85
12-16-2003, 02:48 PM
[sniff sniff] Oh, man, that was beautiful... lol

Seriously, congrats for making it to 1000 and for being one of the ones I like to read all about...

BulldogGrl64
12-16-2003, 02:52 PM
I loved your thank you speech, it brought a tear to my eye. Congrats on 1,000! :D

spiveyrat
12-16-2003, 03:13 PM
Welcome to the 1K Klub. :D

JasperDog94
12-16-2003, 05:24 PM
Like Spivey said, welcome. And ditto to the comment about stupid people and logging on to see what comments they made. :D

kaorder1999
12-16-2003, 06:08 PM
here is whats crazy...

MY FIRST POST: September 23, 2001

over 2 years till my....

500th POST: November 11, 2003

a month and 5 days till my.....

1000th POST: December 16, 2003

Wildcat81
12-16-2003, 06:55 PM
Congrats on 1K.I'll make one of these days.

SintonFan
12-17-2003, 10:03 PM
kaorder1999, congratulations on the first 'big one' here. You know, 1000 is ALOT of post. I mean alot of posts and posts. Like lots and lots and lots of posts.
LOL...
congrats! :cool: