PDA

View Full Version : Windy Saturday brings back memories--LG 35, Marlin 29

bohemian
11-25-2002, 09:50 PM
I can remember just like it was yesterday when a group of great kids pull out a team win when it looked as if their season was about to end. To all of you who think that LaGrange will not win against Marlin I have only two words to say--dedication and discipline! Those words sum up the football program at LaGrange. I'm not saying Marlin doesn't posses those attributes, I can only say with knowledge that LaGrange does and I got to see it first hand for the past 3 years. I will always remember that windy day in Waco and the pride I had as I watched my son and his teammates crown state champs in Texas Stadium on a cold Friday night a week later. Go Leps and thanks for the memories!

Pudlugger
11-25-2002, 10:31 PM
Welcome back Bohemian! What is your take on the Leps this year? :)

<small>[ November 25, 2002, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

Pudlugger
11-25-2002, 10:32 PM
bohemian:
I can remember just like it was yesterday when a group of great kids pull out a team win when it looked as if their season was about to end. To all of you who think that LaGrange will not win against Marlin I have only two words to say--dedication and discipline! Those words sum up the football program at LaGrange. I'm not saying Marlin doesn't posses those attributes, I can only say with knowledge that LaGrange does and I got to see it first hand for the past 3 years. I will always remember that windy day in Waco and the pride I had as I watched my son and his teammates crown state champs in Texas Stadium on a cold Friday night a week later. Go Leps and thanks for the memories!Bohemian it is great to have you back posting on the boards! How is Josh doing? My son wears number 88 now and certainly he has some big shoes to fill! Josh was one of the great ones at La Grange. Now there is a new crew upholding the traditions of hard nosed La Grange football. That cool windy fall day was special indeed, and everyone there will carry the memory for years to come of the excitement and thrill of winning that football game. Marlin was just so good, they seemed unbeatable, yet our guys just kept hammering away looking for a chink in their armor. Sure enough the game started to break in our favor in the 4th quarter and we won. Marlin again has a great team, favored by 10 points according to Collier Sharpe. Our guys are focused right now and it is a testament to the coaching staff in how they prepare them for each game. I had the luxury of some extra time last year and often would watch the team practice during the play-off season. The systematic and professional manner that these coaches and players prepared was notable. Everything they did had some connection to the overall strategy of winning the upcoming football game. It was obvious how much time and energy was spent by the coaches in preparation for each game. Nothing was accidental or unintentional in these drills. The planning and thought put into each week was evident in the success the team enjoyed on the field. We have had two great seasons and are on the threshold of a third. I really think this team has what it takes to go the distance and look forward to the game this Saturday. :)

ethsfbnut
11-25-2002, 10:47 PM
Good luck to LaGrange this week and on through play-offs. From a Commerce fan.

Go TIGERS!!!!!

bohemian
11-25-2002, 11:05 PM
Hi Pudlugger,

It's nice to be back supporting the mighty Leps! This team has probably done a better job than the previous two. They had to over come the lost of one of best group of seniors that have ever played at LaGrange. I didn't think they would go deep into the playoffs this year. Not because they didn't have talent but that they were so young. They remind me of the 99 squad when my son was a sophomore. I didn't expect much from them either but they had an outstanding year. I have to say that I envy you because you get to watch 88 roam the field now. I know your 88 will fill you with pride and joy as Josh did for me. Good luck with the rest of the season.