PDA

View Full Version : What is your opinion when it comes to the no pass no play rule?

J-town Hustler
11-19-2003, 10:14 PM
No pass no play is a rule that affects just about every team every year. I was wondering what all of you thought about the rule, is it fair? Tell me what you think.

SintonFan
11-19-2003, 10:19 PM
LOL
I was once (or twice) a victim of this.
If they don't pass, they should not play. Extracurriculum actitivies are a privledge!

BigDog
11-19-2003, 10:59 PM
No Pass - No Play!!!

GlenRosePoster
11-19-2003, 11:03 PM
I think the rule sucks, but it is fair and i think that it should always remain in place. The number one reason for kids to go to school is to get an education, not to play sports. If you could play sports while failing in your classes then there would be a much lower success rate. There would be too many kids relying on their athletic ability to take them places where they want to be, but in all reality only about 1 percent(guessing) ever get where they want to be through athletic activites.

weatherag07
11-19-2003, 11:06 PM
I think it's a great rule. And it should be enforced ALL the time (just thinking of an incident last year-not football related).

VWG
11-19-2003, 11:07 PM
It's an excellent rule. If you can't make a damn C or better in high school then you are really heading into a dead end once the "real world" hits you. Classes aren't that hard. Get your butt to studying, grab a tutor, heck, the internet has tons of information to help kids these days. Show some discipline in the classroom just like you do on the field. No pass... NO PLAY!

wildstangs
11-19-2003, 11:10 PM
I think the rule is good and should stick. I am afraid now though that the rules dont matter after what has been happening in Pilot Point this year.

lepfan
11-19-2003, 11:14 PM
wildstangs:
I think the rule is good and should stick. I am afraid now though that the rules dont matter after what has been happening in Pilot Point this year.That does not sound good.?.

dwhite_eaglesfan
11-19-2003, 11:23 PM
Great rule.

faithfuldog
11-20-2003, 12:30 AM
Ditto

bulldogman
11-20-2003, 12:33 AM
One of the few rules left. Let's keep it.

Jacket2000
11-20-2003, 03:49 AM
wildstangs:
I think the rule is good and should stick. I am afraid now though that the rules dont matter after what has been happening in Pilot Point this year.What does that have to do with no pass/no play?
J2K

LH Panther Mom
11-20-2003, 04:24 AM
I agree completely with the rule.

Old No. 7
11-20-2003, 09:22 AM
NO pass. No play! ( when I was in college it was No Pass, No MONEY!) :D :D

pirate4state
11-20-2003, 09:46 AM
VWG:
It's an excellent rule. If you can't make a damn C or better in high school then you are really heading into a dead end once the "real world" hits you. Classes aren't that hard. Get your butt to studying, grab a tutor, heck, the internet has tons of information to help kids these days. Show some discipline in the classroom just like you do on the field. No pass... NO PLAY!Amen! Is there a new "clause" that allows kids that failed to eek! still practice & at the 3 week mark allowed to play again if they are passing the class at that point?? I remember when I was in school, if you didn't pass, you didn't play or practice & you had to wait the full 6 weeks before you could come back. Just wondering if the rules have changed a bit.

BulldogGrl64
11-20-2003, 01:54 PM
I think that it is a very fair/good rule to have and should be kept. The purpose of school is to get an education, not to play sports. Academics should always come first and then your extracurricular activities. I know that I fell victim to this rule once or twice and thought that it was totally unfair at the time, but in reality, if you can't pass a class with at least a C or better, then you need to step back and take a look at where your priorities are. Playing sports is a privelege, but if playing sports is more important to you than passing your classes, then I guess you will have a lot to think about when they tell you that you are so "talented" that you get to stay an extra year in high school!

LogieJoeBean001
11-20-2003, 02:01 PM
Some don't have much discipline in the classroom!

LogieJoeBean001
11-20-2003, 02:04 PM
Eligibility can be gained at three week progress report time. So a student failing at six weeks can play again after only three weeks, providing they are passing everything at the next progress report. A student cannot loose eligibility at progress report time though.

Sometimes it's not a matter of a student NOT doing the work, but instead they have a really difficult time with some subjects. I know, I know, then they need to get help. Sometimes this is enough, sometimes not. I know of a case where a student had a tutor come to the house daily from the time they were in junior high school until high school graduation. Even with a tutor everday, this particular student still just barely graduated. To answer the next question, no, it was not a special ed case either. This also was back in the early 70's when things were very different than they are now.

<small>[ November 20, 2003, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: LogieJoeBean001 ]</small>

whtfbplaya
11-20-2003, 02:09 PM
Good rule, but should only apply to core classes.

PPHSfan
11-20-2003, 02:28 PM
Good Rule, but should go both ways. The chess club members should have to be able to do 50 push-ups or not allowed to wear their pocket-protectors until they can do so. :D

DarkWing
11-20-2003, 03:57 PM
PPHSfan:
Good Rule, but should go both ways. The chess club members should have to be able to do 50 push-ups or not allowed to wear their pocket-protectors until they can do so. :D You are my hero.

Fitness training should be a requirement every school year for every student capable. (Opinion)