PDA

View Full Version : Picks on Newton/Bridge City?

twinkle
09-17-2002, 08:44 PM
What does everyone think

06_star_rtx
09-17-2002, 08:46 PM
that will b a good game but i take newton

Super_Fan
09-17-2002, 08:49 PM
I have to go with Newtown and there D

eye of the tiger
09-17-2002, 08:54 PM
This one is too tough for me to call. I think it will be an outstanding game and lucky are the fans that get to see this one.

mwynn05
09-17-2002, 08:59 PM
newton

Chris Hart
09-17-2002, 09:00 PM
Newton 34-13!

BigRed01
09-18-2002, 03:15 AM
Bridge City 14 Newton 10........This will be a WAR.

sinton66
09-18-2002, 06:52 AM
No offense intended toward the fine folks from Newton, I see BC as a slight underdog here. My head says Newton, but I always go with my football heart, so I'm gonna take BC in a close one. I only wish it was being played a little closer to me.

mojjo_1
09-18-2002, 09:50 AM
Newton 28 B.C.14 Newton has the speed.

2futurecard'smom
09-18-2002, 10:41 AM
Bridge City 21 Newton 17
Bridge City has Matt P.

duckbutter
09-18-2002, 10:47 AM
Newton 28
BC 3
Newton has T. Hopkins and S. Ethridge!

BigRed01
09-18-2002, 06:17 PM
ummmmm......it seems alot of Newton fans are picking not only a win, but a big win over B.C. hope your wrong, but I think this one goes down to the wire. Last year we were blown out, and the year before you were blown out. I think this year may be a close one.

J-boy
09-18-2002, 06:31 PM
I feel that Newton will come out on top with a 35-10 win over Bridge City because Bridge City's defense is not that strong,NO OFFENSE but BC's D wins the sorry games and not the good ones. Newton I think has more speed on both sides of the ball and their defense has been winning games ever since I can remember.Not to mention Newton's coaches are experienced and know what they are doing.

Newton wins by 25.

[This message has been edited by J-boy (edited September 19, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by J-boy (edited September 19, 2002).]

98Eagle
09-18-2002, 09:05 PM
My prediction is that Newton's D will shut down Peebles. Ty and Stephan will have a big night and Newton will win BIG.

FBmania
09-18-2002, 09:40 PM
Newton! defense! defense! defense!
Just wondering, Old card or Big red, why did Tarver end up at BC? You guys had a pretty good run last year, why the coaching change?

3ABirdMan
09-18-2002, 10:30 PM
FBMania - If I may...

Conway had 1 kid in college, and 2 in JH (twin girls). His wife was also a coach at JH - girls Vball and Track.

As I understand it,he was offered or partnered in a business deal (real estate?) back in his hometown ( which was also his wife's? or close to it). I understand it was too good to pass up, and he was close enough to retirement age to go for it. It also was closer to daughter in college, and put twins in a smaller, slower-paced "home-town".

All-in-all, a move based on family as much if not more than career. They are a fine family, and are missed in our community. I know he got dissed hard for his coaching, but his wife was great with JH girls (she had 1 of mine), and his twins were really good, polite kids (same age as mine). I believe he was, and is, a man of integrity.

exbccards76'smom
09-19-2002, 12:20 AM
I have nothing but praise for Coach Conway and his staff he had. They instilled a very good work ethic in my son, and were a great influence for him. Bridge City is lucky to still have most of the old Coaching staff. I will go with Bridge City in a close game.

GO BIG RED MACHINE!!

[This message has been edited by exbccards76'smom (edited September 19, 2002).]

surfspike
09-19-2002, 12:29 AM
bridge city in a toss up

Old Cardinal
09-19-2002, 01:02 PM
I have mixed feelings about Coach Conway. He was a quite nice Christian man; however, as a Coach, I considered him quite unimaginative. He never attempted to take the pressure off his team, by passing. Instead, he just ran good small fleet backs right-up-the-middle until all were hurt by the Sinton game. Coach Tarver, was not my first choice, of the 70+ Coaches applying for the job vacancy, but he is a VERY good and smart football Coach: and I am proud that Bridge City has him at the helm. I think, had Tarver, been at the HC Post last year, with the talent from the first of the year, that BC would have had an even better season......New Coach, new Offense, new Defense, many new players-logic would say "Why take on Newton?" when you don't have too, in this transition period. I think it is great to find out just what you have, and also, where do we need to improve. If BC loses bad, no big deal! If BC wins big- time, no big deal!

duckbutter
09-19-2002, 01:38 PM
Old Card I finally have to agree with you on this topic. We always try to find the best teams to play in preseason, not often any easy task and getting harder each year, so our kids know what good competition is before hitting postseason. You are right in the fact that this game really does not matter who wins or loses. This is not a playoff game and it is not a district game anymore but I still hate to lose. The team that wins this game will have the confidence to go to the next level and the loser of this game will know what they need to do to improve for the next level. Both of these teams will represent SE Texas well on down the road. Good Luck BC and GO EAGLES!!!!