PDA

View Full Version : Would you sit on the opposite side?

BHS#1
10-11-2003, 02:33 PM
We left Burnet at Four eat real fast and still had to sit on the LLano side. I feel if i pay for a seat I'm going to sit down some where.

LH Panther Mom
10-11-2003, 02:35 PM
Glad ya'll didn't do that to us last year! Was there as many Dawg fans there as in LH, game 10?

Chris Hart
10-11-2003, 03:42 PM
LH Panther Mom, yall's side was full very early last year as well, so there wasn't a chance of getting a seat on yall's side. The # of Burnet fans last night probably wasn't quite as many as we took to Liberty Hill last year, but close. I just can't bring myself to sit on the opposing team's side regardless of whether there is room or not. As rowdy as I get, it probably wouldn't take long to cause a big stink. I'll just continue to stand, under the circumstances. :)

<small>[ October 11, 2003, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: Chris Hart ]</small>

HotDawg89
10-11-2003, 05:40 PM
No. I wouldn't sit on the opposing side at all. I can see your point though, of paying for a seat... but I just can't bring myself to do it.

I heard conflicting reports of Llano's "hospitality" last night. I have it on VERY good authority that some of their fans actually took to tripping our fans as they left their seats for drinks, etc. They cursed and swore using Jordan Shipley's name VERY often...Can you spell J-E-A-L-O-U-S?

Then I got on here and found that some people actually had good experiences with them last night.

My luck, I would just be on the wrong side at the wrong moment, and would say the wrong thing to or in front of the wrong person...

But then again, there are places like Libery Hill and Bandera that I wouldn't mind it so much. I know every team has a few fans that can be completely obnoxious, but all in all, I think those two towns have always been very friendly rivals towards Burnet. Llano and Wimberly? FORGET IT!

espn1
10-11-2003, 05:52 PM
HotDawg89:
No. I wouldn't sit on the opposing side at all. I can see your point though, of paying for a seat... but I just can't bring myself to do it.

I heard conflicting reports of Llano's "hospitality" last night. I have it on VERY good authority that some of their fans actually took to tripping our fans as they left their seats for drinks, etc. They cursed and swore using Jordan Shipley's name VERY often...Can you spell J-E-A-L-O-U-S?

Then I got on here and found that some people actually had good experiences with them last night.

My luck, I would just be on the wrong side at the wrong moment, and would say the wrong thing to or in front of the wrong person...

But then again, there are places like Libery Hill and Bandera that I wouldn't mind it so much. I know every team has a few fans that can be completely obnoxious, but all in all, I think those two towns have always been very friendly rivals towards Burnet. Llano and Wimberly? FORGET IT!I had a great time setting on the Llano side last night. I listen to all of the smack talk and gave it right back. My suggestion to them was to pass a Bond to expand their stadium, and then they wouldn't have to worry about me. Until then deal with it.

HornetMom
10-11-2003, 05:57 PM
No, I don't think I would sit on the opposite side. My friend and I are very vocal and rowdy fans too. Fortunately, we travel with the band, so we always have a seat, though lately we stand most of the time anyway.

LH Panther Mom
10-11-2003, 06:02 PM
HornetMom:
No, I don't think I would sit on the opposite side. My friend and I are very vocal and rowdy fans too. Fortunately, we travel with the band, so we always have a seat, though lately we stand most of the time anyway.Hornet Mom, I definately know about rowdy. I always warn folks that sit in front of me that I'm loud. Of course, they usually don't believe me at first. Lots of them have gotten up to move before the first qtr is 1/2 over. :D :D

HornetMom
10-11-2003, 06:05 PM
Yeah us too. We not only yell loud we jump up and down alot.
You know, anything to embarrass out kids :D :D

LH Panther Mom
10-11-2003, 06:08 PM
Hey, embarrassing our kids is what it's all about! My son looked up the in the stands from the sidelines when he was in Jr. High and rolled his eyes at me. I was so proud! wink

exbccards76'smom
10-11-2003, 09:53 PM
This happened to us at Buna a couple of years ago. We filled up the visitors side, and then filled up half of Buna's side, too!!

Stangster
10-11-2003, 10:54 PM
I have been known to use the visitor's consession stand because our's is always so crowded. The need to sit in the opposing stands has never arisen, but I always try to get to the game early. I would do whatever is necessary to watch the game. Just my onion.

olddawggreen
10-12-2003, 04:06 PM
I didn't sit on the Llano side because I got there early enough, (5:00 PM) but when I got there the Burnet line was huge waiting to buy tickets and get in. So I quickly rerouted to the Llano line, bought my tickets and went in with out a wait. (I learned this trick at the Liberty Hill game last year.) As far as sitting on the other side, hey go for it if their statium dosn't have enough seating for their visitors. I think it was great for our players to see the Burnet side completely full and then to see about a third of the llano side looking so green. And if I was a Llano player it would get my attention too.

LH Panther Mom
10-12-2003, 04:13 PM
olddawggreen:
I didn't sit on the Llano side because I got there early enough, (5:00 PM) but when I got there the Burnet line was huge waiting to buy tickets and get in. So I quickly rerouted to the Llano line, bought my tickets and went in with out a wait. (I learned this trick at the Liberty Hill game last year.) As far as sitting on the other side, hey go for it if their statium dosn't have enough seating for their visitors. I think it was great for our players to see the Burnet side completely full and then to see about a third of the llano side looking so green. And if I was a Llano player it would get my attention too.That game was the first time we had opened a "visitors" gate - normally we just have two gates for all fans to enter through. Of course, it didn't really matter which line you were in, it was a bit of a wait. Ya'll just save us some visitor's stands when we get there next month. wink

bearcat1
10-12-2003, 04:56 PM
I have sat on the opposite side before. I didn't want to but J2K and Matthew have made me do it twice. And my team lost both times. Am I the ONLY one who sees that connection...I think not.
bc

espn1
10-12-2003, 04:58 PM
Bandera be ready for alot of green.