PDA

View Full Version : There has been a huge discussion recently...

jykoy
09-29-2003, 12:07 PM
...on who has the best drum major(s) in the state of Texas, AND, who has the best uniforms. After sitting next to the Bellville band the last two Fridays, I'm sure there are better dressed bands with a wider variety of songs than the Fightin' Texas Aggie Bellville Brahma Marching Band (and Brahmadores). But as far as drum majors are concerned, one might note that Bellville incorporated last year's drum major into a football player. With a leader that can not only direct a band but lead a football team to victories, one must ask himself, "Is there a difference between a football team and a marching band?" I say not much. And as far as uniforms are concerned, I tend to back the band. With such bold colors as Brutal Black and Blood Red, and the stunningly masculine capes to prove their superiority, I can't help but think to myself "This is what Friday night football is all about." The endless repetition of songs numbs you into a sense that you are marching into battle. It almost feels like you are down there playing with the team.
That being said, I applaud you, oh Caped Crusaders of Friday nights (and occasionally Saturday morning marching contests). March on! And let the whole world know, "When Johnny Comes Marching Home." or who has spirit. How about you?

Bellville22
09-29-2003, 12:25 PM
This is quite possibly the funniest thing I've ever read on here.

I got spirit, how bout you?

3afan
09-29-2003, 12:28 PM
i'm at a loss for words ........... :rolleyes:

Gobbla2001
09-29-2003, 12:33 PM
That reminded me of one of those Bud Light commercials on the radio, the 'Real American Heroes' ones...

'Today, we salute you, oh Caped Crusaders of Friday nights'

espn1
09-29-2003, 12:36 PM
Gobbla2001:
That reminded me of one of those Bud Light commercials on the radio, the 'Real American Heroes' ones...

'Today, we salute you, oh Caped Crusaders of Friday nights'That is exactly what I was thinking.

Bellville22
09-29-2003, 12:39 PM
Gobbla2001:

'Today, we salute you, oh Caped Crusaders of Friday nights'Very nice.

jykoy: you should send this into Bud, maybe you'll make some money, just remember who reminded you to post this wink , I expect at least 10%

whtfbplaya
09-29-2003, 12:47 PM
Yea thats the way it was to the band directors from brazosport, it was like they went to a band concert and a football game brokeout.

bd0707
09-29-2003, 01:05 PM
I have always enjoyed seeing bands from both teams on Fri. nights, as a matter of fact I have enjoyed band competitions, but geeeeez this is way to much. I looked up band-nerd in the dictionary and found jykoy.

Gobbla2001
09-29-2003, 01:10 PM
I don't think that bd0707 caught the sattire/sarcasm in jykoy's post...

jykoy
09-29-2003, 01:22 PM
bd0707: Perhaps my sarcasm was not laid on thick enough. This post is a simple lighthearted one created in hopes to make the members of this board laugh. My recommendation to you would be, RELAX! Eat a bowl of Blue Bell Vanilla Ice Cream. But definently don't take this post to heart.
And why did you look up 'band-nerd' in the dictionary? And how did they get my screename? That's weird. :cool:

therealbulldogs
09-29-2003, 01:31 PM
Hey, I was in the band!

SintonFan
09-29-2003, 01:36 PM
therealbulldogs:
Hey, I was in the band!Yeah, and I'll never be kidnapped! :D LOL

booger1
09-29-2003, 01:39 PM
jykoy:
...on who has the best drum major(s) in the state of Texas, AND, who has the best uniforms. After sitting next to the Bellville band the last two Fridays, I'm sure there are better dressed bands with a wider variety of songs than the Fightin' Texas Aggie Bellville Brahma Marching Band (and Brahmadores). But as far as drum majors are concerned, one might note that Bellville incorporated last year's drum major into a football player. With a leader that can not only direct a band but lead a football team to victories, one must ask himself, "Is there a difference between a football team and a marching band?" I say not much. And as far as uniforms are concerned, I tend to back the band. With such bold colors as Brutal Black and Blood Red, and the stunningly masculine capes to prove their superiority, I can't help but think to myself "This is what Friday night football is all about." The endless repetition of songs numbs you into a sense that you are marching into battle. It almost feels like you are down there playing with the team.
That being said, I applaud you, oh Caped Crusaders of Friday nights (and occasionally Saturday morning marching contests). March on! And let the whole world know, "When Johnny Comes Marching Home." or who has spirit. How about you?This must have taken a while to think up! Good one! :p

CowboyFan
09-29-2003, 01:40 PM
oh get over it I was in band too, That's the funniest thing I've seen all day, I'm just at a loss for words!

therealbulldogs
09-29-2003, 01:42 PM
I guess I forgot to mention that I was also a 2 year both way starter on the football team.

pirate4state
09-29-2003, 01:47 PM
LOL-- "one time at band camp..." :D

booger1
09-29-2003, 01:50 PM
for the guys in PA, it can be "one time at football camp..." eek!

St. Ivender
09-29-2003, 01:51 PM
Bellville22:
This is quite possibly the funniest thing I've ever read on here.

I got spirit, how bout you?I second that emotion.

St. Ivender
09-29-2003, 01:54 PM
If you were a real band person you would know that a song isn't a song unless someone sings it. Therefore we call them tunes

crimson blood
09-29-2003, 02:02 PM
while you may laugh at the satire (i know i did) i saw a t-shirt that read "if it weren't for cheerleaders it would just be a game". they were serious.
they got seriously mad at me when they saw me roflol. :) :) :p :)

booger1
09-29-2003, 02:23 PM
Gobbla2001:

'Today, we salute you, oh Caped Crusaders of Friday nights'BUD light :cool: or light bud :o

crazy3afan
09-29-2003, 02:38 PM
to bad its not coors, because i would ask "where the twins"

Bellville22
09-29-2003, 05:56 PM
TTT

crzyjournalist03
09-29-2003, 06:21 PM
crimson blood:
while you may laugh at the satire (i know i did) i saw a t-shirt that read "if it weren't for cheerleaders it would just be a game". they were serious.
they got seriously mad at me when they saw me roflol. :) :) :p :) Hey, they've got a point...I mean...look at the other sports without cheerleaders...they're not considered the "real man's sport". I don't think it was the cheering that the shirts were referring to if you know what I mean.

jykoy
09-29-2003, 08:49 PM
:)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-29-2003, 09:31 PM
I had to read this twice, to realize that JKoy was not making fun of the bands on Friday night. I fell like he is saying the band is as important to Friday night football, as the team is. Just think how much better the atmosphere is at a game with the band there. You would have to admit, if the band was not there it would not have the same felling of the friday night excitment. I hope I took the post the way you wanted us to, if so Jkoy I SALUTE you. Just remember the people in the band, dont have to be there if they dont want to, they could be out running the streets and missing some of the things in life, you wont have after high school, as a student! Just remember, these people choose to be there to suport the school, and town. I love every part of a friday night football game, the players,the band, the cheer leaders, the drill team, ect, and the fans! I love them even more when the team wins! You have to admit there is something special about the felling you get the time of year that high school football is around. :D

JasperDog94
09-29-2003, 09:59 PM
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
You have to admit there is something special about the felling you get the time of year that high school football is around. :D Yes there is! Can anyone else actually smell it in the air? Something about football season.

jykoy
09-30-2003, 07:40 AM
TTT

BrahmaMom
09-30-2003, 08:09 AM
Clever, jykoy, I'm impressed. As a Mom, I hope you put that kind of effort into school. Seriously, the band does add to Friday nights, and they don't have to be there, and sometimes they wish they were warm and not in mud to their ankles, and they probably even hope (only at cold, wet times) that the Brahmas don't go deep in the play-offs. They and the cheerleaders (I have a newfound appreciation for these people) and pep squad, do a great job, and they better all be ready to go very deep into the play-offs, cuz I think the Brahmas will be busy well into December this year! Go Bulls, thanks to the band and cheerleaders and pep squad!

jykoy
09-30-2003, 04:01 PM
BrahmaMom: what do you mean "I hope you put that kind of effort into school"?

Of course I do!

Bellville22
10-01-2003, 02:59 PM
TTT one more time, just to make certain that everyone has read this, because everyone needs to.

booger1
10-01-2003, 03:02 PM
JasperDog94:

FormerBellvilleBrahma:
You have to admit there is something special about the felling you get the time of year that high school football is around. :D Yes there is! Can anyone else actually smell it in the air? Something about football season.Wether or not you are being serious, there is a distinct smell in the air that reminds me of FB season! I love that smell! :D

BrahmaMom
10-01-2003, 03:08 PM
jykoy, I'm glad!

jykoy
10-01-2003, 04:24 PM
Back to the top... I want to make sure everyone gets a good dose of humor today.

jykoy
10-02-2003, 07:52 AM
Back to the top... I want to make sure everyone gets a good dose of humor today.

BIG19
10-02-2003, 07:55 AM
You just want to get a rise from the Burnet band girls. I know where you are heading with this. Hopefully then are in school and stay there.