PDA

View Full Version : What is he thinking?

shellman54
01-13-2004, 03:23 PM
I have always had a lot of respect for Nebraska and their football tradition. however with the hiring of Callahan, I feel like their days of being a powerhouse are over. First off, what college players are going to subject themselves to being called idiots by their coach? And I understand that coaches like their own assistants and everything, but to fire almost the entire coaching staff, including the intern coach who led them to an impressive bowl victory? I predict less prospects will sign with Nebraska, and even some of the players currently on the team will transfer. Just my thoughts, what are yours?

Phil C
01-13-2004, 03:25 PM
Plus Shelman some of the assistants were Nebraska graduates who played for NU. NU will not be known for rewarding ex players it seems. That can't help.

TXMike
01-13-2004, 03:48 PM
The worse things are for Nebraska, the better they should be for Texas and aTm so let it rock!!!

But seriously, if the guy knows that he is going into a situation where the staff did not want him but wanted someone else, doesn't it make sense to get rid of them? Would you expect an incoming President to keep the cabinet or put his own folks in? Furthermore, if he brings in an all new staff doesn't that give him more time to turn things around since he can say they are all new and have to be developed?

shellman54
01-13-2004, 03:52 PM
true, but given everything that has happened with callahan lately, it will take a long time to turn that program around. and number one will be getting rid of callahan!!!!!