PDA

View Full Version : SHIPLEY SETS THIRD STATE RECORD

olddawggreen
11-29-2003, 10:37 AM
Allthough many in the crowd at the Burnet-Sinton game may not have noticed (no announcement, or maybe I just couldnt hear it.) Burnet's Jordon Shipley, who already holds the state career record for receiving yards and touchdowns, set a new state career record for all-time catches (253) in the fourth quarter. Congratulations Jordon, we are so proud of you and the Dogs!

<small>[ November 29, 2003, 09:41 AM: Message edited by: olddawggreen ]</small>

District303aPastPlayer
11-29-2003, 10:59 AM
My congrats go out to Mr. Shipley

poncho
11-29-2003, 12:48 PM
olddawggreen:
Allthough many in the crowd at the Burnet-Sinton game may not have noticed (no announcement, or maybe I just couldnt hear it.) Burnet's Jordon Shipley, who already holds the state career record for receiving yards and touchdowns, set a new state career record for all-time catches (253) in the fourth quarter. Congratulations Jordon, we are so proud of you and the Dogs!WOW!!!!Super!!! :cool: :D

Frank_Bama
11-29-2003, 01:26 PM
olddawggreen:
Allthough many in the crowd at the Burnet-Sinton game may not have noticed (no announcement, or maybe I just couldnt hear it.) Burnet's Jordon Shipley, who already holds the state career record for receiving yards and touchdowns, set a new state career record for all-time catches (253) in the fourth quarter. Congratulations Jordon, we are so proud of you and the Dogs!Why was he in the game in the 4th quarter when Burnet was ahead by at least 3 touchdowns and why was Burnet still throwing the ball? To pad stats?
I know I will flamed for this. But you have to wonder why.

BurnetBulldog
11-29-2003, 02:24 PM
It was 35-13 in the fourth and Sinton was still playing hard. And to clarify the last td by shipley was a double reverse not a pass.

HotDawg89
11-29-2003, 04:07 PM
Shipley plays both ways, and he came out in the 4th- the record happened shortly before that. Even when our 2nd is in, Mr. Shipley still plays my friend. Par tof being the coach's kid I guess. Go ahead and cry about it.

TheMarine
11-29-2003, 04:30 PM
CONGRATS TO YOU SHIPLEY!!!

Frank_Bama
11-29-2003, 05:41 PM
HotDawg89:
Shipley plays both ways, and he came out in the 4th- the record happened shortly before that. Even when our 2nd is in, Mr. Shipley still plays my friend. Par tof being the coach's kid I guess. Go ahead and cry about it.No one is crying. Just wondering why starters are in so late in the game?
Why so touchy?

lotus67
11-29-2003, 07:27 PM
If you had noticed ther were several sub in the 4th quarter

southern_thunder
11-29-2003, 08:24 PM
I am with Bama on this one. With Shipley and McGee being such a big part of the Burnet success why take a chance on risking an injury with the game in hand. I also noticed from the stats that it seemed that the starters played late into the 4th quarter of the Wharton game when Burnet was winning by 30 or more.

dawgdad
11-29-2003, 08:34 PM
The first team offense was pulled many times during the pre-district and district game. Maybe they were left in because the coaches anticipated this being necessary later on in the playoffs. If the team was not accustomed to playing an entire game, this could be a problem against a good team in a close contest. Why not start now ?? Congratulations Jordan !!! Announcing the record and disrupting the energy of the game was not in Burnet's best interest,so a big deal was not made of it- BUT IT IS A BIG DEAL !!! WAY TO GO JORDAN- you are history in the making !!! GO BURNET BULLDOGS !!!!!

lotus67
11-29-2003, 08:41 PM
Why all do you guys want to run down a team?cause they are on top?just had a bad day?anger management issues?jealousy?whats the deal?

06dawg
11-29-2003, 08:45 PM
Im gonna have to agree with that. The farther we get into playoffs, the better the teams get. If Burnet gets into a situation and have to leave the starters in the whole game, they better hope they are well conditioned to do that. I believe Coach Shipley might have this in mind.

BHS#1
11-29-2003, 08:57 PM
I don't think they wanted to tell us so we could go and abuse somemore torrilla's.