PDA

View Full Version : Last years 3A player of the year

hsguru
07-27-2001, 09:21 PM
I dont even care who won this last year, all I know is that the best player in the classification didnt win it. There was no one as dominant on the football field, on both sides of the ball, as Wylie's BRENT GAILEY!!!
He won ballgames as a safety, running back, and K/P returner. You just had to decide with your own mistakes which way he was going to make you hate him.
Anyone else have any thoughts on the subject??????

eye of the tiger
07-27-2001, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by hsguru:
I dont even care who won this last year, all I know is that the best player in the classification didnt win it. There was no one as dominant on the football field, on both sides of the ball, as Wylie's BRENT GAILEY!!!
He won ballgames as a safety, running back, and K/P returner. You just had to decide with your own mistakes which way he was going to make you hate him.
Anyone else have any thoughts on the subject??????
hey guru--I didnt have the pleasure of watching Gailey last year. Kinda wish I had.
The best i personally saw was Blanton from Forney. That guy's moves had moves and he played smart. Is Gailey playing Saturday ball this year? Sounds like he would make a good college prospect.

[This message has been edited by eye of the tiger (edited July 27, 2001).]

rambo
07-28-2001, 12:51 AM
brent gailey will be playing on saturdays....he is playing for hardin simmons university in abilene!!!

hsguru
07-28-2001, 07:26 PM
The Blanton kid is SOOOOOOO fast. The lead he had at the state track meet in the 100 was amazing.

dufresne_96
07-31-2001, 11:38 AM
I saw Forney play 16 games last year, which means I saw every Blanton carry, even though he missed five and a half games. Blanton only played in ten games and had over 2,000 yds. rushing and 28 touchdowns. If Forney goes 15 of 16 games, like many think they should, then Blanton could open even more eyes, especiall around the nation. He is one of the ten best RB's in the nation and probably the second or third best in the state. Forney's pre-district schedule is better than most, which will mean Blanton will get his touches. Keep an eye on this kid this season. He's gonna make some heads turn.

Gobbla2001
07-31-2001, 12:04 PM
A friend of mine on our team this year has a cousin who went to Wylie this year and he was brought up a couple of times in the locker room, must have been real good...

If Cuero's QB Andrew Heard wouldn't have gotten injured the 7th week of the season he would have been a good one, he could pass well and was like a running back, accept he didn't get the ball handed off to him, he just took the snap and ran, had a 200 yard game, and that was only rushing.... Accually, his second to last play before being injured was a blown pass play, he just tucked the ball and did some juking and burning for about 70 or so yards... Was timed at 4.4 at Nike camps last summer, but there's no doubt he was running 4.2 or 4.3 when someone was chasing him... In '98 he led the team to the state game against Aledo, he was just a sophmore, could have been player of the year, this was going to be his best season, but he got injured....

[This message has been edited by Gobbla2001 (edited July 31, 2001).]

bigdawg
07-31-2001, 12:27 PM
What was your friends name? You don't happen to know his cousins name do you, or what grade his cousin might be in?

Gobbla2001
07-31-2001, 12:50 PM
The friend's last name is Urbonovsky, I dunno who his cousin was, I just think he mentioned the cousin once or twice and then the guy that guru was talking about....

hsguru
07-31-2001, 02:02 PM
The thing that worries me about blanton is size at the next level. Im not saying he isnt great because he is, but If i was that fast, I would be TRACK ONLY in college. He had the fastest time in the nation for all high schoolers in the 100 and 2nd in the 200. He is a stud.

CtownAggie
07-31-2001, 02:38 PM
I have no doubt that if Andrew hadn't broken his leg, he would be playing wide receiver at Texas Tech with a full scholarship...but then there's that whole cancer thing too though. I just don't think the Good Lord wanted Andrew playing college ball. That's the only excuse I can think of for such a great athlete who was supposed to have such a great senior year having so much bad luck.