PDA

View Full Version : Did Marlin leave the offense at home???

Keith7
12-21-2003, 03:59 AM
just 64 yards of offense.... ouch

kaorder1999
12-21-2003, 04:04 AM
keith7...check PM

Gilmer Buckeye
12-21-2003, 08:08 AM
Marlin ran into the "immovable object." The Buckeyes did also on the night of Dec. 5.

All credit goes to the rabid Rabbits. They have been "frothing at the mouth" since mid-season when they shut down Daingerfield.

Pudlugger
12-21-2003, 09:06 AM
Marlin dropped several passes from what I heard before my computer connection went down in the third. It sounded like they were not on their game at all. Of course the Atlanta Rabs had everything to do with that and deserve the credit for a great win. Marlin is not a team that does well once it gets down , they like to be the team that strikes fast and first. I don't think they ever had a come from behind win this season. Certainly they never needed one after pre-district play. Bellville was the closest thing to that and Marlin led for much of that game or was close. That 90 yard punt return early in the contest might have set them off their game some. The announcers described the Marlin team as "looking flat" after the first quarter. It must be tremendously disappointing to get this far and not have a good game. In recent years the DII Championship game has been a very closely fought contest, settled by less than a td (2000 La Grange 20-Forney 17; 2001 Commerce 14- La Grange 11; 2002 Bandara wins in double overtime over Greenwood etc.). I guess Atlanta wanted to make a statement. It was loud and clear: The Atlanta Rabs are THE CHAMPIONS !