PDA

View Full Version : Bellville vs Jasper

Saggy Aggie
11-29-2023, 12:05 PM
I’m going to go watch the Brahmas again Friday night up in the woodlands.

Bellville played pretty much perfectly against Silsbee and I don’t expect everything to go their way again, but they will clearly be the better team.

I’m going to say 35-14 Bellville

It wouldn’t surprise me to see their defense pitch another shutout or hold Jasper to single digits

j_dog
11-30-2023, 03:59 PM
Thank you for starting the thread. On the other hand, Four Loss 3rd place Jasper has taken out two district champions in a row. Jasper may be a big underDOG, but they are the Jasper Dawgs. They will come to play. I hope the game is carried on U-tube. ???

Saggy Aggie
12-01-2023, 01:14 PM
Dawgs have been playing good ball lately. They will probably match up on the lines a little better than Silsbee did but Bellville is legit. I do not expect this game to be that close

Bellville defense will be in the backfield on nearly every play and will create long yardage situations and turnovers

Saggy Aggie
12-01-2023, 08:40 PM
Jasper opens the game with a nice drive for a TD

Jasper 7
Bellville 0

7:15 1Q

Saggy Aggie
12-01-2023, 08:51 PM
Bellville 3 and out and punt

Jasper 1 first down and punt

Bellville picks up 2 first downs and then loses a fumble near midfield

Jasper ball 2:15 1Q

Saggy Aggie
12-01-2023, 09:12 PM
Hardnosed defensive game so far but Bellville finding some success now

Bellville 7
Jasper 7

3:06 2Q

Saggy Aggie
12-01-2023, 09:29 PM
Jasper with a couple penalties and clock management mistakes and Bellville is able to take advantage right before the half with a FG

Bellville 10
Jasper 7

Halftime

Saggy Aggie
12-01-2023, 10:05 PM
Bellville opens the 2nd half with a drive for a TD

Bellville 17
Jasper 7

6:42 3Q

Brahmas definitely taking control of this game

Saggy Aggie
12-01-2023, 10:22 PM
Brahmas force a 3 and out and then drive for a TD

Bellville 24
Jasper 7

11:14 4Q

Saggy Aggie
12-01-2023, 10:33 PM
Bellville with an INT in the end zone and a long TD run

Bellville 31
Jasper 7

7:01 4Q

Saggy Aggie
12-01-2023, 11:06 PM
I’m going to go watch the Brahmas again Friday night up in the woodlands.

Bellville played pretty much perfectly against Silsbee and I don’t expect everything to go their way again, but they will clearly be the better team.

I’m going to say 35-14 Bellville

It wouldn’t surprise me to see their defense pitch another shutout or hold Jasper to single digits

I had this one pretty well figured.

Bellville 31
Jasper 7

Final

Bellville is good but they’re not good enough to win state. Should be a good game with wimberley next week

MJMbrahmas10
12-02-2023, 02:17 AM
Where are you not seeing they aren’t good enough to win state? They have done nothing but dominate. Today they play their sloppiest game of the season and dominate. Besides jaspers first drive it went Bellvilles way.

Saggy Aggie
12-02-2023, 10:04 AM
Just my opinion. You don’t have to like it. I hope I’m wrong. I’d like to see them win it

I just believe they’re too 1 dimensional and you’re about to face 2 teams that can actually throw the ball. Jasper did not have a throwing threat. Neither did Silsbee

MJMbrahmas10
12-02-2023, 10:17 AM
Wonder why they don’t have a throwing threat? We take it away. I can respect your opinion.

Saggy Aggie
12-02-2023, 10:36 AM
Yes Bellville defensive line is good. But if you watched the last 2 games then you can be honest in saying neither had a throwing threat in general.

Silsbee QB couldn’t hit the water if he was in a boat and jasper QB was too small and didn’t have an arm to get it done. Not to mention they didn’t have any passing schemes beyond about 5 yards.

Wimberley and Gilmer can truly throw the ball downfield. This is a completely different animal

MJMbrahmas10
12-02-2023, 11:23 AM
In the second paragraph you described exactly what our dline made them do. Silsbee qb couldn’t set his face. No qb has been able to. That’s why it’s all short passes.

Saggy Aggie
12-02-2023, 11:40 AM
Bellville defense will make it tough but you are about to play a team with a competent passing game. Neither Silsbee or Jasper had that regardless of opponent. Wimberley will score and they’re going to be tougher than Jasper upfront. Jasper was undersized on defense.

Trust me, im a believer in #99 and #55. Those 2 especially are really good ball players and will limit Wimberley and make their share of plays.

Carthage was the most complete team and they lost so it’s now wide open. But there is no doubt that Wimberley will be the best team Bellville has played thus far.

Bellville is going to have to play cleaner than they did against jasper. If they have a bunch of false start penalties and whatnot then it’s going to cost them.

Leopardfan201
12-02-2023, 12:26 PM
Bellville by 30 over wimbo

Saggy Aggie
12-02-2023, 01:01 PM
Bellville by 30 over wimbo

You think Jasper is better than Wimberley? Bellville beat Jasper by 24….

I’m willing to bet Wimberley is quite a bit better than Jasper….

j_dog
12-02-2023, 01:09 PM
Congratulations to Bellville on the win! And to the Dawgs for a great season! Look out for Jasper in the years to come.

Leopardfan201
12-02-2023, 01:35 PM
Bellville had a bad game against Jasper and still won by 24...won't happen again

Saggy Aggie
12-02-2023, 03:13 PM
Well they played perfect against Silsbee and I said that wouldn’t happen again either and it didn’t….

I don’t think Bellville played particularly bad. They had 1 turnover and half a dozen penalties maybe but otherwise Jasper just played them tough for about 2.5 quarters.

You’re gonna get 4 quarters against Wimberley…. This is gonna be a good old fashioned dogfight. I don’t see either team winning by 30

MJMbrahmas10
12-02-2023, 11:01 PM
I agree Bellville will have to play a clean game. A couple games a bad kickoff was the worst play we made all night. Against Jasper we had quite a few bad plays. Hopefully get it fixed this week. Bellville did a good job of staying patient and showing that they can respond when it doesn’t look good. Jasper defense was killing us and didn’t look like we would have success rushing. But stuck with it and it paid off