PDA

View Full Version : Burnet WILL score on Jasper

Chris Hart
12-01-2002, 09:36 PM
No pun intended towards my bro Will Byerly #40(lol). For all the Jasper supporters, "If Jasper shuts out Burnet, I will be on here Saturday evening/night, and will address the board, that Jasper is the best 3A football team I've ever seen". However, Burnet 'WILL' score, and I believe they will score enough to win. It will be a great game between two great teams, and the winner will advance to the TITLE game. I can't wait, this is truly the GREATEST part of the year(December's high school football).

j_dog
12-01-2002, 10:15 PM
Chris Hart:
No pun intended towards my bro Will Byerly #40(lol). For all the Jasper supporters, "If Jasper shuts out Burnet, .... I can't wait, this is truly the GREATEST part of the year(December's high school football).If Burnet does not score, your bro Will Byerly #40 will be one of the major reasons. If he tells you he makes a lot of tackles, he is telling the truth. I know the announcers get tired just calling out his name all the time on tackles made. Thank you for letting him play for Jasper!

Good luck to Burnet! Yes, this week, and next week is the moment we have all been waiting for!

terrible-T
12-01-2002, 10:36 PM
BURNET WILL SCORE .... EARLY AND OFTEN.
I'M NOT EVEN SURE IF MY BADASS HORNS COULD KEEP THE B-TOWN BULLDOGS OUT OF THE ENDZONE FOR A FULL 48 MINUTES!!!!! ALL THIS SIZE, SPEED, GREAT ATHLETIC ABILITY, YEAH ITS IT GREAT TO HAVE BUT WE'VE SEEN IT ALL THIS SEASON, AND YA WE SURVIVED AND IN MANY CASES CONQUERED IT.
SO ONE LAST QUESTION.

DO YOU WANT TO GO ONE ON ONE WITH THE GREAT ONE?

MANY HAVE TRIED MANY HAVE FAILED,
DON'T BE SUPRIZED NEXT WEEK
WHEN YOUR SITTING AT HOME
AND THIS SHIP HAS SAILED

BURNET 35
JASPER 14

JUST CALLING LIKE I SEE IT

T

Chris Hart
12-01-2002, 10:52 PM
j_dog:

Chris Hart:
No pun intended towards my bro Will Byerly #40(lol). For all the Jasper supporters, "If Jasper shuts out Burnet, .... I can't wait, this is truly the GREATEST part of the year(December's high school football).If Burnet does not score, your bro Will Byerly #40 will be one of the major reasons. If he tells you he makes a lot of tackles, he is telling the truth. I know the announcers get tired just calling out his name all the time on tackles made. Thank you for letting him play for Jasper!

Good luck to Burnet! Yes, this week, and next week is the moment we have all been waiting for!If I had any say at all in where he played(unfortunately I don't :mad: ), He would be wearing green and white. BTW, thanks for complimenting him, I know he is REALLY good.

Jason1725
12-01-2002, 11:49 PM
You guys just have no clue lol!

spaniard
12-01-2002, 11:55 PM
Jason1725:
You guys just have no clue lol!neither do you, my friend, neither do you.

duckbutter
12-02-2002, 10:20 AM
Now this is gonna be a game to see!! I don't see this being a high scoring game because both teams are playing good D right now. I think Jasper wins a close game:
Jasper 14
Burnet 0

Reveille
12-02-2002, 10:24 AM
Duck, I agree that it will be a low scoring game, but durnit Burnit is going to score.

DAWGfan
12-02-2002, 10:39 AM
Reveille:
but durnit Burnit is going to score.Finaly a Jasper fan with some sence. I am sorry to say but Jasper is NOT going to shut Burnet out. No the less I do think this is going to be a reapeat of Burnet/Sinton game. 19-7. Burnet just has what it takes. Heart and motivation. They want it, you can feel it up in the stands watching them play. They have the drive. Thats what it takes. Sure talent,speed and big boys we both have, but does Jasper really have what it takes to beat Burnet?

One Team one Dream. Bring it on.
Green and White all the way.

Reveille
12-02-2002, 11:28 AM
DAWGfan
but does Jasper really have what it takes to beat Burnet?[/QB][/QUOTE]

Jasper has what it takes to defeat Burnet. Burnet has what it takes to defeat Jasper. Each team's fans are going to get on here and talk it up about their individual team. That is understandable, but some of the smack that is being dealt out is killing me........Jasper folks who are talking smack, Burnet will be ready to play. Burnet did not beat Weslaco East to get to the Semi's, they beat a very good Sinton team. To the Burnet folks who are talking smack, Jasper will be there ready to play also. You don't get to the Semi's by stinking up the field.

This is going to be a hell of a ballgame. Good luck to both schools. I hope everybody has a safe trip to and from the game.

HotDawg89
12-02-2002, 11:44 AM
What are Jasper's school colors? Anyone? Thanks!

Bulldog-95
12-02-2002, 12:01 PM
Jasper's colors are CRIMSON AND WHITE. I have to agree with one of the earlier replies. These boards are really starting to get out of hand. On another board, some typed in that Jasper=Classless, and that is just not right. These boards are for the fans to support our teams not to trash everyone else on the opposing side. We all think our team is the best, no matter what. I am a Jasper Bulldog backer 100% and of course I want them to win, but for me to sit here and trash the other team is not going to help. I can talk about how I feel Jasper is just as good and talk about the players and how I hope that Jasper wins, but to sit and call the other team classless is ridiculouse. Let's see if we can try and clean up some of this and just support the DAWGS. I am pulling 100% for the Jasper Bulldogs.

GO DAWGS!!!

spiritpridehonor
12-02-2002, 02:29 PM
Bulldog 95 [?] and Reveille,
Thank you for the positive attitude. I've been trying real hard to just stay off of these posters just because of all the trash slinging. I realize that you can't judge a whole community by just a few people. I hope you realize Burnet is the same way. Most of us are just looking forward to a great game between two great teams. Neither of us would be here if we were'nt playing great. I think it will be close and of course I'm a BURNET BULLDAWG fan all the way!! If anyone is going to give Jasper the competition they want, Burnet will give it to them.

GO BULLDAWGS!! ONE TEAM ONE DREAM GO BULLDAWGS!!

SPIRIT PRIDE HONOR- NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT AWAY!!

Jason1725
12-02-2002, 02:31 PM
I say they need to start kicking some of these folks out of here, this stuff is getting out of hand. I remember when I first got to this board erlier in the year this kind of stuff didn't happen for the most part. Heck even all the talk before the Newton game wasn't this bad.

St. Ivender
12-02-2002, 03:04 PM
If my beloved Newton Eagles could score 20 on Jasper on their home turf with an anemic offense (as Newton offenses go) then Burnet(Durnit) should score more. Prediction: Jasper 35
Burnet 28
in a barn burner!

89Dawg
12-02-2002, 05:16 PM
Will the winner of this game win state or not. I hear Everman has been running up half a hundred nearly every week.

JHS_c/o_06'
12-02-2002, 06:03 PM
That is true.....Everman has ran up about 50 a week...and if my memory serves me right everman ran up 78 - 0 on lake dallas or dallas lake...something like that but i got to hear the telecast of that game and they never took there starters out...im probly gonna get someone who says im wrong or that no excuse but all 4 teams have something that the other dosent....focusing on the Jasper-Burnet game...Burnet is goin into the game with the record 13-0,that is a respectable and impressive record and im sure they worked for it. jasper is goin in with a 11-2 (should be 12-1 but i think we've established that). The only "real" loss jasper had was aginst Jesuit. The only possible excuse for that was our QB was out. Other than that, we were out played. But on the other hand....Jasper has run up a score of 113-0, thats an average of 38-0 a game....against good teams. Burnet is comming into the game with a average score record of 38-12. Now...this is going to be a good game, very good, but there are three ways this game could go
1) A close game. either a high or low score.
(most likely)
2) A near/total shutout resulting in no/little points scored by burnet.
(hopeful... :D )
3) A near/total shutout resulting in no/little points scored by Jasper.
(That would be bad)
Either way one of these teams is going to the State Finals. But i do belive that this is Jaspers year to shine....we have 39 senoirs on our team, and this could be there last game to ever play. So Burnet is going to see us play like we never have before. Its going to be an awsome game and i cant wait...even though it will be at Kyle field and i and many others will be going behind enemy lines..lol. Some say the game will be decided by the ability of the coaches or who can controll the ball. And like Coach Hill told us...You could have the best team in the world aginst the worst in the world...But it comes down to who wants it the most. And i can tell you now that Jasper wants this more than they ever have or will. And not to start anything but Burnet needs to realize that we have 39 seniors who want it more than anything. I belive that the fans and players will see something out of the Dawgs they have never seen before...and like i said this is Jaspers' year to shine, and Burnet is not the only team that has a dream. because
The time we have dreamed of is at hand, Burnet WILL fall before us.

GO BIG RED
JASPER 28
BURNET 10

spiveyrat
12-02-2002, 06:59 PM
A couple of Burnet posters are predicting 28 and 35 points against THIS Jasper D??? I guess it's good to dream.

I'll bring it back down to earth and reiterate my earlier prediction...

Jasper 20
Burnet 7

TivyDawgs
12-02-2002, 07:23 PM
is there something wrong with my computer? it seems that all the "bur-nit" post sound really uneducated and... well frankly stupid!

Aggiemom
12-02-2002, 07:38 PM
TivyDawgs:
is there something wrong with my computer? it seems that all the "bur-nit" post sound really uneducated and... well frankly stupid!That remark is way off base. And yes, you must be right...something must be wrong with your computer because it doesn't seem to know how to use proper capitalization.

bulldog65
12-02-2002, 07:51 PM
JHS_c/o_06'
[QB]That is true.....Everman has ran up about 50 a week...and if my memory serves me right everman ran up 78 - 0 on lake dallas or dallas lake...something like that but i got to hear the telecast of that game and they never took there starters out...im probly gonna get someone who says im wrong or that no excuse but all 4 teams have something that the other dosent....To correct your information, J.J Jennings our starting fullback only carried the ball 4 times for 120 yds. Theo Miller our starting tailback did not play due to ankle injury. Jennings led Everman’s 13 different ball carriers with 120 yards and two touchdowns on just four carries. As a team, Everman rushed for 392 yards.

We pulled both Offensive and some Defensive starters after 69-0 halftime lead.

White&Crimson
12-02-2002, 07:57 PM
spiveyrat:
A couple of Burnet posters are predicting 28 and 35 points against THIS Jasper D??? I guess it's good to dream.

I'll bring it back down to earth and reiterate my earlier prediction...

Jasper 20
Burnet 7Come on spiveyrat...we got all 4 extra points last Saturday thanks to Cook! *grins*
I say Jasper 21 Burnet 7

spiveyrat
12-03-2002, 06:47 AM
Haha! Good point! wink

pakrat
12-03-2002, 03:07 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06':
[QB] But i do belive that this is Jaspers year to shine....we have 39 senoirs on our team, and this could be there last game to ever play. So Burnet is going to see us play like we never have before. ... And i can tell you now that Jasper wants this more than they ever have or will. And not to start anything but Burnet needs to realize that we have 39 seniors who want it more than anything. I belive that the fans and players will see something out of the Dawgs they have never seen before...
Who are you trying to scare with your 39 seniors? Where are you going to get them? Yes, the fans may see something they have never seen before, nine seniors resurrected from your student body that have not practiced or played all year.
GO BULLDOGS!!!

pakrat
12-03-2002, 03:14 PM
My first post so wouldn't you know it got messed up. JHS_C/O_06, I was wondering about those 39 seniors. I want to know where they are today, cause' I saw another post claiming only 30. The phantom seniors may beat us, but the real ones will have to take their game to the next level!!! GO BULLDOGS!

BIG19
12-03-2002, 03:53 PM
After reading all the posts about how good Jasper is and how bad they are going to beat Burnet, and visa versa, I just figure it is time to put in my 2 cents.

Jasper may beat Burnet, but it will NOT be a shut out. Burnet may beat Jasper, but again, it will NOT be a shut out. This is going to be THE game of the season for both teams. No matter what the outcome, all of the fans there will be treated to a great game.

To the players - Fight the fight of your lives on the field and leave nothing inside of you. You will regret it for a long time if you do not give it your 110% plus whatever you have left to give.

To the fans - Back your teams the same way you have all year, LOUD AND PROUD. Be classy in both winning and losing. Have a safe trip to and from the game.

To the posters on 3A - If your team is on the losing end, don't come back in here and make lame excuses. Eat the crow that will come, and it WILL.

This is a great forum and has been a lot of fun this whole year! Let's keep it that way.

Go Green DAWGS!!

We are proud of you and are behind you all the way!

ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM!

Awesome Dawg Fan
12-03-2002, 04:15 PM
Well guys I have read all this garbage about how Burnet will not score on Jasper and have been laughing till I hurt. Jasper is a great team and I have the utmost respect for their players. Obviously I have reservations about some of you. My mother is a proud Jasper fan and I have a good friend on that team. All jasper fans would know him by just calling him "glue". Over the thanksgiving holidays my brother came to visit and watched Burnet play Sinton. He was so overwhelmed by Burnet that he could not bring himself to watch. Obviously he knew that his home town would be next on Burnet's list. Jasper may beat Burnet, however I don't think so but I may be partial. But Burnet has the most explosive offense in the state. JASPER will not shut Burnet out.

29x281
12-03-2002, 07:53 PM
Somehow I think the kids playing for Burnet have somewhat higher aspirations than merely scoring.

We're Burnet. We're not into moral victories.

Chris Hart
12-03-2002, 08:07 PM
I'll second that 29X281!!!! Burnet will be ready!!

Awesome Dawg Fan
12-03-2002, 11:47 PM
29X281 What I was saying was that there is noone who can shut Burnet out. Burnet will score more on accident saturday than Jasper will on purpose. And would somebody tell me why these guys think they are unbeatable. It has been proven they can be beat. I hope their players don't have the same attitude as their fans.

JASPER- GYM
12-03-2002, 11:54 PM
Call me crazy, call me stupid, but Burnit will not score!! Even Troy Aikman needed time to throw. Burnit will not have any come Saturday. We all saw what happened to Billy boy and he was supposed to be the best QB in 3a (self proclaimed)
Burnit may have played some good teams but they havent been hit as hard as they will be Saturday, after a few good ridell's they will be ready to fold up camp. As for as our "O" we will open it up a little more, score 2 TD's per quarter the first half then began to throttle back in the second half.
Jasper 35
Burnit 0 (durnit)

Jason1725
12-04-2002, 12:03 AM
Boy, it is gonna be fun serving up crows for all these Burnet fans Saturday night. Jasoer 34-0

Jason1725
12-04-2002, 12:04 AM
Oops, that should be crow and Jasper.

spaniard
12-04-2002, 12:06 AM
JASPER- GYM:
Call me crazy, call me stupid, but Burnit will not score!! Even Troy Aikman needed time to throw. Burnit will not have any come Saturday. We all saw what happened to Billy boy and he was supposed to be the best QB in 3a (self proclaimed)
Burnit may have played some good teams but they havent been hit as hard as they will be Saturday, after a few good ridell's they will be ready to fold up camp. As for as our "O" we will open it up a little more, score 2 TD's per quarter the first half then began to throttle back in the second half.
Jasper 35
Burnit 0 (durnit)well, you got a few things right, you spelled aikmans name right, and you spelled saturday right, and you even spelled durnit right. but i really honestly think you are overestimating how well you guys will do. it will be a great game no doubt, no dominance by either team (cough cough). anywhoo, we will see saturday who is right and who is wrong.

JASPER- GYM
12-04-2002, 12:14 AM
Hey Jason, I think we go 5-5 on extra points Marlon's kicking great!!!

Jason1725
12-04-2002, 12:35 AM
Lol Gym I know I just threw out a number, didn't even do the math. Just trying to stir the pot. It's not even fun anymore with this trash coming from the Burnet freshmen.

spaniard
12-04-2002, 12:42 AM
Jason1725:
Lol Gym I know I just threw out a number, didn't even do the math. Just trying to stir the pot. It's not even fun anymore with this trash coming from the Burnet freshmen.well heck for the sake of throwing out numbers, and for the sake of all the freshman out there,

burnet 548729012.666667
jasper 14

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

SintonFan
12-04-2002, 03:29 AM
JASPER- GYM:
Jasper 35
Burnit 0 (durnit)You don't know what YOU are talking about. Burnet's strength is their O-line. Finally I get to chime in. Go Burnet line!!! You guys have what it takes to TAKE IT!!!
If you guys run those outside receiver screens or timed post patterns like (against Bandera.) If you throw out of the backfield to Miller or a fade to Shipley. If you allow your QB to be at his best, YOU WILL NOT FAIL!!!
Then again, what does one fan of high school football know? LOL...
GO BURNET FOOTBALL!!!
BEAT THOSE REGION THREE BULLDAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just make region four proud.
I know yall will!!! :D :D :D

<small>[ December 04, 2002, 02:30 AM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

spiveyrat
12-04-2002, 07:11 AM
Just how do you get 2/3 of a point? :D :D :D

Jason1725
12-04-2002, 12:39 PM
Well if Brnets strength is their O-line then this game will be very interesting. I still say Jasper wins the battle on the lines and comes out with a close win.

whtfbplaya
12-04-2002, 03:25 PM
No ****

spaniard
12-04-2002, 05:48 PM
spiveyrat:
Just how do you get 2/3 of a point? :D :D :D i wish i knew, my guess is very carefully. hehe, too many days till saturday. i think that espn should do a spoof of monday night footballs seven days till monday called 7 days till saturday, except instead of featuring a football player or coach, feature a fan. i dont know, i got nothin'

j dawg
12-04-2002, 09:45 PM
Burniiiit or eeetttt, and Bridge City

Has something in common they both talk trash
before the game. Can't hear B.C. anymore!!!

Jasper 21 Durnit 3

:cool: :cool:

:cool:

JASPER- GYM
12-04-2002, 09:47 PM
SintonFan:

JASPER- GYM:
Jasper 35
Burnit 0 (durnit)You don't know what YOU are talking about. Burnet's strength is their O-line. Finally I get to chime in. Go Burnet line!!! You guys have what it takes to TAKE IT!!!
If you guys run those outside receiver screens or timed post patterns like (against Bandera.) If you throw out of the backfield to Miller or a fade to Shipley. If you allow your QB to be at his best, YOU WILL NOT FAIL!!!
Then again, what does one fan of high school football know? LOL...
GO BURNET FOOTBALL!!!
BEAT THOSE REGION THREE BULLDAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just make region four proud.
I know yall will!!! :D :D :D IF IF IF IF IF IF WILL NEVER HAPPEN AND NEVER DOES!!!and IF their strength is the O-line they are in BIG trouble!!! Burnet's O-line will be watching the game from their back's...

The_Saint
12-04-2002, 11:22 PM
The only "score" that Burnet will lay down on Jasper is the one that the Burnet band will play!!