PDA

View Full Version : Notice anything different?

Administrator
04-19-2003, 04:42 PM
Anyone notice anything different here lately??

Old Green
04-19-2003, 07:09 PM
It appears to be a lot faster. Is the server up and running.

FBmania
04-20-2003, 02:23 AM
Yes it does seem to be faster moving from page to page!

exbccards76'smom
04-20-2003, 05:24 AM
Thanks for making it faster!!! That is the reason I love my roadrunner so much,

Old Cardinal
04-20-2003, 01:16 PM
Thanks!

Administrator
04-20-2003, 01:25 PM
Yep, The new server is online.. I found the time to do it Thursday evening.. Those of you using broadband connections (such as exbccards76'smom) should have noticed a drastic increase in page loading.. Even those of you on dialup should notice the faster page changes.. The old server was only a 266 MHz IBM Server (or in that area) with 100 other websites on it.. The real test will be later in the football season to see how the new server handles the huge amount of traffic.. HOPEFULLY, there will not be any "Overloading" of the server, causing it to not come up, or in some cases, be extremely sllloooowwww.. I have found another type of discussion board software that will actually speed it up even more.. But that will come very late in the summer months.. I Want to first see how the new server handles the load.. After it is determined rather or not the new server can handle this "Perl" version of the bulletin board, will I decide on the new software (which uses MySQL instead of Perl for those of you gurus). Matt328 had the time to play around with the new software should it be necessary to be implemented in the future..

Thanks to everyone for making this new board even better, and now even more so enjoyable! I'm sure that this site will be even LARGER than last year, once two-a-days come along!!

slpybear the bullfan
04-20-2003, 06:29 PM
Yes, it is definitely faster, even on my old dialup...

Thanks to you guys for all the help. If you get in a serious need for some more help on the $$$... just email.

SintonFan
04-20-2003, 10:32 PM
This site is much faster! Thanks for the upgrade!

PPHSfan
04-20-2003, 10:55 PM
It is way fast on my two way satelite connection. All I have to do is "threaten" to click on something and I am there. Way to go gang. :p

Phil C
04-21-2003, 01:09 PM
Great Job Administrator. And I agree with everyone here that if you need any financial assistance in the expense of this site to let us know so we can help you.