PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City Benchwarmers may win State, next spring!

Old Cardinal
06-05-2003, 01:24 PM
I went to an 18 & u softball tournament last weekend and watched Elena Clinton(Sophmore); one of BC's next years pitching staff. Well Elena is a starting Select team ACE and is great: but she is the less-seasoned pitcher.Meagan Godwin(Junior) is also on a different Top-Flight 18 & U team, and she will probably be considered the top returning Softball pitcher in Texas. Maybe, because of her bat: the top girl athlete in Texas...What I am impressed with is, that the bulk of the Cardinal team are playing, and even benchwarming,if need be, for some of the top 18 & u teams in Texas. Now many of them could have started, and were elgible for 16 & u--BUT CHOOSE TO PRACTICE and even sparingly play and/or benchwarm in the tough 18 & u Year round programs....They want to see the very best pitching that is available; to bat against...NOW that's dedication, at its best! I would look for Bridge City to be the #1 rated team in 3A, followed closely by Caldwell, with Brandi C., pitching and Witte catching-an effective combination.... Bridge City has top-notch players dispersed throughout the Year round select team programs in 10 & u, 12 & u, 14 & u, and 18 & u---choosing to skip the 16 & u team status. Many will again be playing in the National Tournaments this summer..Will it pay off? Time will tell. Personally, I think that they will be a contender for many years to come!

3afan
06-05-2003, 01:32 PM
sounds like many other schools/towns/areas of the state .................

Old Cardinal
06-05-2003, 01:36 PM
I totally disagree, few teams that I know of, in 3A, have intentionally positioned the bulk of their girls in top-notched teams that can be serious National contenders....But of course you have never agreed with me on anything else, thusfar. And always have a rebuttal....I looked up your ETFPA association and find 40 teams, 17 teams from Forney, and many more teams in a few small towns, in a small geographic area. Down on the Coast that's what we call a glorified "B" ball league. Example, the team called The Thunder, has 4 BC players, 3 from Lufkin, 2 from Houston and the remainder hand-picked from across the Coast including SW Louisiana. They are serious about going for the National Championship in 18 & U- they are not a part of a B ball type league.

<small>[ June 05, 2003, 01:56 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>