PDA

View Full Version : Stephenville vs Anna

jason
11-16-2022, 02:27 PM
Early round top 10 matchup to start the Region 2 gauntlet. Anna a 2pt favorite on paper.
Midlothian ISD Friday @ 7pm

d0tc0m
11-16-2022, 04:24 PM
Should be a really good game. Anna is legit. They have speed and athletes all over the field, on both sides of the ball. Explosive offense with home run threats all over. Their QB can sling it. He is very accurate. Not anything special with his legs, but good enough and big enough to extend plays when he needs to.

I think Stephenville can score on Anna, but I don't know that Stephenville will have a ton of success stopping Anna, especially if the Jackets are really healthy on that side of the ball. This one could turn into a foot race, and I think Anna's defense is a bit better than Stephenville's. I've gone back and forth on this one. But I think Anna gets the two-possession win in this one. That second possession comes very late.

jason
11-17-2022, 10:18 AM
One common opponent - Decatur.

http://www.cityofchamps.org/sv_anna.png

d0tc0m
11-17-2022, 11:50 AM
Oddly similar scores in that matchup with Decatur.

Celina is Anna’s strongest opponent on the schedule. I’d say overall, Stephenville played the more difficult schedule, pre-district all the way through. Don’t know that it will matter in this matchup, though. Similar styles gonna bash heads on Friday. Should be entertaining.

jason
11-17-2022, 12:21 PM
Oddly similar scores in that matchup with Decatur.

Celina is Anna’s strongest opponent on the schedule. I’d say overall, Stephenville played the more difficult schedule, pre-district all the way through. Don’t know that it will matter in this matchup, though. Similar styles gonna bash heads on Friday. Should be entertaining.
yeah i noticed that - i think we were up 28-0 and it was the first game without our QB1 so we rotated series with two potential replacements - they scored some late to make it closer than it actually was

d0tc0m
11-17-2022, 01:50 PM
Don’t know who you guys would consider the fastest team you’ve played, but Anna will at least be in the discussion after Friday. They have speed all over the place.

Matthew328
11-17-2022, 07:37 PM
Don’t know who you guys would consider the fastest team you’ve played, but Anna will at least be in the discussion after Friday. They have speed all over the place.

I'd guess Everman or La Vega

d0tc0m
11-17-2022, 09:09 PM
I'd guess Everman or La Vega

Ooh yeah, Everman is probably it. I was surprised by how not-fast (couldn’t say slow) La Vega looked, honestly. Not the burners we’re used to seeing in the blue and yellow.

jason
11-17-2022, 09:38 PM
I'd say probably in this order
WF Rider
Everman
CS
LV

d0tc0m
11-18-2022, 09:36 AM
I'd say probably in this order
WF Rider
Everman
CS
LV

Yep, forgot about Rider. That order looks about right. CS looks like they have good speed. Anna will probably unseat LV in that list after tonight, if not CS too. Don't know that they'll be faster than Rider or Everman.

hollywood
11-18-2022, 02:49 PM
As solid as Anna is this season, I question the overall level of competition they have played each week compared to Stephenville.

And to have team speed is one thing, but to execute at a higher level of speed is another. This is where Stephenville is more experienced throughout the season so far.

Stephenville 49
Anna 34

hollywood
11-18-2022, 03:20 PM

Just look at Stephenville’s schedule man lol! Every week they faced speed. Don’t forget Stephenville’s RB is the Reg 2 area 100 meter champ last year as a Soph if I’m not mistaken.

He fast, real fast!

d0tc0m
11-18-2022, 03:35 PM
Just look at Stephenville’s schedule man lol! Every week they faced speed. Don’t forget Stephenville’s RB is the Reg 2 area 100 meter champ last year as a Soph if I’m not mistaken.

He fast, real fast!

No doubt. Not gonna question or underestimate Stephenville at all or the level of competition they’ve played. But Anna has speed. And Anna executes well with their speed.

hollywood
11-18-2022, 03:55 PM
No doubt. Not gonna question or underestimate Stephenville at all or the level of competition they’ve played. But Anna has speed. And Anna executes well with their speed.

Yes they do and I’m sure Stephenville respects Anna’s explosiveness.

I’ve only seen a few clips of Anna this year. They like the quick bubble screens and play action.

I wonder if the QB has been pressured much? He’s not as elusive as Lambert so that could be a key factor if he gets pressured and hurried to make throws.

d0tc0m
11-18-2022, 06:15 PM
Yes they do and I’m sure Stephenville respects Anna’s explosiveness.

I’ve only seen a few clips of Anna this year. They like the quick bubble screens and play action.

I wonder if the QB has been pressured much? He’s not as elusive as Lambert so that could be a key factor if he gets pressured and hurried to make throws.

Anna does like to get the ball out quick, so that tends to negate pressure pretty well. Celina gets to the QB as good as any team I’ve seen in 4A this year, and he held up pretty well against a fairly relentless rush. He’s not gonna burn you with his legs, but he’s big and strong, so he can extend plays when you think you’ve got him. He also just doesn’t make many mistakes.

clcannon17
11-18-2022, 10:35 PM
What a game. Still a solid season for the jackets, even if it wasn't the result you guys wanted.