PDA

View Full Version : #3 seed LaGrange vs #2 seed Madisonville / Thursday 7:00 PM @ College Station HS

Leopardfan201
11-05-2022, 02:16 PM
Well dnt know much about Madisonville but I know thr a decent Team .. common Opponents was Caldwell LG beat 44 to 10 and Madisonville beat 63 to 8 and Columbus LG lost 44 to 7 and Madisonville lost 56 to 28 if we play like we did against Cuero in the 1st half we should win but u never know Give me LG by 14

Pudlugger
11-05-2022, 03:44 PM
Hopefully #11 Faske and #67 will be suited up for this game. Injuries have been a problem all season. Many have stepped up to their credit and now we have real depth in key positions which is a good thing late in the post season games.

Madisonville is about on the level as Lago Vista according to Maxpreps ranked #23(Madisonville) and #24(Lago Vista). LG is ranked 32 as of last week. Final rankings come out Sunday. The Mustangs run out of the spread offense. Their QB is tall and has a very strong and accurate arm. They like to pass the ball a lot but can run too. Their line is good size and pretty quick on O and D. LG has greater speed and overall athleticism but lacks a reliable passing game. If they can connect on deep routes to their strength, i.e. the fast guys #1 #9 and #6 instead of all the short stuff in the flats they can actually make use of their speed advantage on offense. When Cuero realized the Leps were not going deep with the speed on flag routes the LBs moved up closer to the D line and shot the gaps shutting our running game down completely in the second half.
Maybe a nice post route over the middle to #1? But I digress...

In short, I rate this game a tossup. It depends on the Leps game plan. I think the players are really at their best, so it rests on how well they are prepared and what the plan is for this game. I'll give a Homer +7 for LG.