PDA

View Full Version : Is it better for Stephenville to lose?

clcannon17
10-29-2022, 11:52 PM
4th place in district definitely isn't where the jackets want to be especially after last year, but looking at the bracket I have to say,
Dunbar, Carter, China Spring, Anna/Celina looks a lot less of a grind than Kennedale, Anna, Celina, China Spring to get out of the region.

d0tc0m
10-30-2022, 08:39 AM
Don’t know what the tie breakers are for that district, but it’s gonna get a bit funky, unless Alvarado loses this week. Gonna be three 2-2 teams with weird head-to-head outcomes (LV over Alvarado, Alvarado over Stephenville, Stephenville over La Vega - I assume). But whoever goes to the top part of the bracket certainly has an easier second round game than the 2nd and 3rd seeds.

Third place team gets a pretty salty Celina bunch in round 2 and second place gets a very sneakily talented Anna team that most of the state is probably sleeping on, to be honest. Anna will be a tough, tough out. If the Stephenville team that gave up 50 to Alvarado showed up against the Coyotes, it could get kinda ugly, because Anna can play a little defense too.

Any way you slice it, Region II is going to be nasty after that first round, just because of District 5 + Anna + Celina.

clcannon17
10-30-2022, 09:54 AM
Assuming that their Tiebreaker is the same as Brownwood's district (positive and negative points counted, cap at 15)

Ville loss = La Vega, Alvarado, Stephenville
Ville by 7 or less = La Vega, Stephenville, Alvarado
Ville by 8 or more = Stephenville, La Vega, Alvarado

clcannon17
10-30-2022, 11:11 AM
Just realized that Alvarado could lose to Life and it could spark a 3 way tie for 3rd... Best not to tempt fate I guess.

Twirling Time
11-03-2022, 10:50 PM
How it looks to shake out to me:

Stephenville — -1 Alvarado, +14 La Vega = +13
La Vega — +13 Alvarado, -14 Stephenville = -1
Alvarado — +1 Stephenville, -13 La Vega + -12

If that's the case, then Stephenville is 2, La Vega is 3 and Alvarado is 4. The order would not change even if positive points were used.

d0tc0m
11-04-2022, 06:28 AM
How it looks to shake out to me:

Stephenville — -1 Alvarado, +14 La Vega = +13
La Vega — +13 Alvarado, -14 Stephenville = -1
Alvarado — +1 Stephenville, -13 La Vega + -12

If that's the case, then Stephenville is 2, La Vega is 3 and Alvarado is 4. The order would not change even if positive points were used.

That’s the order. Stephenville had to win by 7 last night to get the 2-seed, and they did.

So it’s looking like we will get Celina vs La Vega and Stephenville vs Anna in the second round. Both should be good games. Should be a dandy of a game Thanksgiving week too.

jason
11-04-2022, 08:29 AM
we looked like a normal football team again last night

clcannon17
11-04-2022, 09:20 AM
we looked like a normal football team again last night

Y'all are still a dangerous team. Alvarado shouldn't be too surprising tbh. That China Spring game the week before was a hell of a rollercoaster. The question is can you guys make it through a grind of playing state caliber teams from second round on. Would love to see a rematch in the semis between us.

jason
11-04-2022, 10:17 AM
Y'all are still a dangerous team. Alvarado shouldn't be too surprising tbh. That China Spring game the week before was a hell of a rollercoaster. The question is can you guys make it through a grind of playing state caliber teams from second round on. Would love to see a rematch in the semis between us.
that'd be interesting for sure